Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

Haven't posted on here in probably 4+ years. I'm looking to trade in my 2013 Lexus IS350 w/ 80K miles for this 2014 Nissan 370Z (Nismo) w/ only 14K miles.

I've never actually negotiated a trade at a stealership before. My goal is to trade straight across. They're asking $30K, but I think I can bring them down to $25K.

The most I'm willing to owe is $5K on a low interest loan. Otherwise I'll walk no problem. Any tips from you guys would be appreciated.

Before anyone points it out, I was fortunate to inherit my car from my parents. I paid them for it, but significantly less than what it's worth. So I never had to deal with the hassle of a dealership. But, after selling my Triumph, I'm super bored of my car. I need a driver's car. Something I can feel like I'm driving and not numb on the road.

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

hickory.craigslist.org/cto/d/1-owner-2015-camaro-1-le/6453613459.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-corvette-z06-ls7-427/6448586629.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if it's auto, walk away

It's not. This version actually only comes in manual.

It's a mystery to me why the car only has 14,000 miles. It really doesn't make much sense. I'm going to ask for a Carfax report of course.

I was thinking about finding things to downplay the worth of the car. I don't think it has the Bose stereo or rear-camera options so that's a start. I know the dealer is going to try to hype the car so I need to prepare myself now. I may test drive it and complain about the ride a little even though I already know the suspension on this model is stiff.

Lastly I imagine they'll be pretty interested in the trade for my Lexus. It has to be an easier sell than this 370Z, which is clearly for a specific type of owner.

I have great credit and good social skills, I'm just a little too honest at times and that's where my negotiating skills fail a little. I'm also a little concerned because my car has a few scratches here and there and this Z is clearly pretty new.

I think you'll struggle. I'm looking at the prices of your car and it's a fair bit lower than the cost of the Z. Not to mention you already want them to drop 5k off of the price which is a bit much.

You're right. KBB says trade in value would be about $14.5K, whereas fair price for the Nissan at its lowest would be about $27K.

Damn, now I have to think if I want a car payment.

you don't need a $25k sports car, mate. You can build/buy something much more interesting for that price desu

I picked up a cherry picker from an old retired Cuban vet. He had one just like you posted. Dude had health issues that prevented him from driving as much as he wanted. Car was immaculate and not abused in the slightest. Maybe you got lucky.

>trading an is350 for a 370z
>is350 interior is leagues better
>370z still has problems for some reason despite being an ancient platform
>for similar price if you want a faster car you could go moostang or camara
>literally trading a lexus for a nissan

honestly OP what the fuck is wrong with you? It's a serious question

This is what you want.
hickory.craigslist.org/cto/d/1-owner-2015-camaro-1-le/6453613459.html

or
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-corvette-z06-ls7-427/6448586629.html

That's the worst fucking trade. Seriously. A nice, decently fast too, car for something only owned by guys who are proud of being called douchebags because they think they're alpha. Wrong. Decision. You can do better.

Get a 15-17 Mustang gt faggot

>sell lexus
>buy 3k civic
>put $5k towards auction house
>flip the house
>profit $10k

Your $15k is now $25k

Not to be "that guy" but you could get a V6 Mustang or Camaro for the same price, having better handleing, interiors, and tuning potential, while having a new vehicle.

THIS

Yes, the IS350 is automatic. But there are many options for making it more fun to drive...

One of the best things you can do is ISF steering ECU swap. Fixes that numbness you're complaining about.

>mustang
>calls op faggot

Literally all you have to do to make your car tremendously more fun to drive is purchase:

F-Sport sway bars
>$420
2011 ISF steering ECU
>$535

$1k fixes your problems. Nissan is a shit.

Know what you want and don't move your position. If they can't do it they won't so idknwhat you expect

what if he doesnt want to drive a piece of shit?

why are there so many 16 year olds on this board who keep shilling civics? we get it, its all you can afford in terms of car, parts, and antiscience.

>nissan quality
Spotted the no cars/first car was an altima

>So I never had to deal with the hassle of a dealership.
And you don't have to now. Do your own deals.

The luxury aspect of the IS350 is better. The fact that it's a sedan is better. Reliability is probably slightly higher. Other than that, I don't really see your point.
I understand your points, but I've never owned a domestic car. They don't appeal to me at all. I'm aware they're cheaper than imports, but I'd literally be driving a car I dislike. I also hate the fact that they're literally everywhere. You can't go 5 seconds without seeing one, which may not bother normal people, but it bothers me.

I've thought about modding it. They also sell superchargers for the IS350. I'd probably never go that far, but it's an option I guess. I also have began to hate the color of my car— side dilemma.
Once upon a time I owned a Civic and a CRX. The CRX was amazing, but you're correct, eventually a man needs some fruits of his labor. A Civic is more like a pistachio.

Then get an 86 instead, it's a better driver's car anyway

Here's my car in case you guys were wondering. Yes I know there's a gay filter on my picture. Sorry in advance.

maintenance* kek i hate posting from my phone

>I also have began to hate the color of my car— side dilemma.

You can get it wrapped if this is the case, also helps keep the paint immaculate for when you want to get rid of it eventually.

I haven't thought of that. How much does that usually cost? Does it look good?

I thought you said it was a 2013? That’s the front end of an ‘06-10...

It is. The 2010-2013 models pretty much all look the same. 2014+ was when they started to go for more of a rigid, slightly more aggressive style.

No. There was a facelift in 2011. Grill and fog lights are completely different from what your picture shows.

You also lack the updated LED headlights. Not a 2013, sir.