What do you gays think of Formula E? Cool or not?

What do you gays think of Formula E? Cool or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywR4AYqPXz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like it more than Formula 1, much more exciting.

Formula 1 minus the screaming, high-revving engines? I'll pass.

Does Tesla even compete in it?

I don't think about it desu. I'd be more interested in a hybrid racing series that was electric final drive only, and had a fuel allotment for the whole race. That way it's not directly comparable to f1 in speed, but would introduce a lot of strategies to set fast laps while using the least fuel, which is what this whole environmentally friendly bs is about anyway.

They are pretty slow

Do they still race on shit street circuits?

Why bother if they can't race on proper circuits. Waste of time.

>140 or so MPH top speed
Gay and "virtue signal" the motorsport. the whole point of electric is that they are supposed to have some advantage that you just can't get with ICE such as instant torque and therefore harder acceleration but in this case it manages to make even Formula Buick look good in contrast. what's the point of tolerating no good engine sounds if the cars end up much slower than some of the shittiest Indy cars. i'm hoping it gets faster in the future otherwise we might be taking a huge step back when everything in motorsports goes electric with oil eventually becoming scarce.

Do you realize they race in tight as fuck city circuits? For the upcoming season the longest straight is 2240 ft.

it's alright as long as it dosen't go autonomous

I know, if they tried racing on anything of decent straight-length they'd probably end up being slower than a surprising amount of race cars.

Honestly that doesn't seem that bad. Without a human driver in the middle races would be fucking brutal, and lowering the safety requirements would lea to some pretty interesting cars.

Well it's a new tech an all. Nobody is pretending Formula E is going to replace F1 in the foreseeable future.

Gay as hell

Remove fanboost and make pit stops more interesting

Pretty sure that it would be more interesting than current state F1. Imagine fiddling with AI to make it more risky

They are just giant oversized electric go karts I can go to my local go kart track and hear that same whining noise and experience

i think it would end up more like horse racing with people betting on the most advanced AI

Robotic greyhounds. Cyberpunk af

You could increase the speeds and allow contact without any of the risks of human drivers, but who watches AIs competing at anything?

It's got some stupid rules (fan power up voting) and worse drivers which unfortunately kill the series.

It could be interesting with better rules/circuits.

Yes because MWL/VWL with 0 overtakes past lap 1 is exciting in any measure.

lol no not even soy boys like it

Is this list real?

How come a 1993 f1 car holds a records when current cars are "so much better"

Also, Group C being so much higher up than LMP1 is very contradicting for the same reasons

All the cars are standardized, all the aero body work is standardized.
The whole event becomes a literal reality TV show since the 3 most popular drivers get a free "fan boost" and this is the only time when anyone has the opportunity to overtake.
Otherwise, if you start in 1st, you finish in 1st. It's so goddamn boring to watch.

psst, Donnington park was last used for F1 in that same year.
Almost all records were broken this year in terms of laptimes, minus Monza because it was wet.

Forumula always kinda bored me since it's so restrictive.

Motorsport stifled tech so much roadcars are more advanced

I've attended the montreal race last year. The cars sound pretty cool in real life but that's about it. Tight circuit mean nearly no overtaking whithout a crash.

I like it desu.

I never really knew why the category receives so much hate. Like, i know that there's no sound and yadda yadda, but it's just too much hate, like the category raped their family of somthing.

I'd watch it if they gave them weapons.

electric faggaloo

>race starts
>super milk-floats silently glide away
I think I'll pass.

>Formula 1
>screaming
>high revving

it sounds like incredibly exciting engineering challenge. thin tyres, weak aero, can't sacrifice range for other stuff, technologically it's a problem similar to those purely solar powered vehicles with stupidly good aero shapes, no weight and bicycle wheels

i'm probably not gonna watch it, i wasn't too much for watching track racing anyways, but i'm definitely interested in what kind of technological development is going to happen there

>Formula 1 + Battlebots
Sign me the fuck up senpai

How about remote controlled?

youtube.com/watch?v=ywR4AYqPXz4
>Formula Estrogen