Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PZ5J3GLSYI&t=122s
youtu.be/RBuMRgcqJ8k
youtube.com/user/TeamONeilRally/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Dirtpill me
Kill you are self

yes

Its so dangerous you need a fucking copilot to survive.

affirmative, copilots are guardian angels

Hillclimb cars have an extra 200hp and they don't need copilots.

youtube.com/watch?v=-PZ5J3GLSYI&t=122s

youtu.be/RBuMRgcqJ8k

bbbbBBBBBRAAAAPPPPPPP...**KPPKOOHH**BROOOOAAAaaaaammmmm......*Kpoh....*mreeeem.....

Are the cars in rally rwd, awd, or fwd?

fwd

now usually fwd based awd

Front left and rear right or vice versa only.

Then how are they doing these drifts? I thought you could only drift in rwd or heavily rwd based awd?

Forgive me, I'm really stupid when it comes to this.

ignore the others the current wrc crop are transverse front engine all wheel drive with a sophisticated centre diff system and 50/50 distribution

Modern WRC cars are transverse engine'd but use a static ~50/50 torque split. It's not the "slip and send 5% to the rear" bullshit that you find on modern awd road cars. WRC cars also can disconnect the power to the rear axle then the e-brake is used to initiate a drift.

If it's a 50/50 split, that makes it 4WD no?

Technically though still different than an off road 4x4. Most off road 4x4 systems use a transfer case, A wrc car uses viscous couplings.

using momentum u can get the rear to come out in fwd and then use the front wheels to exit the turn.

Watch everything on here

youtube.com/user/TeamONeilRally/videos

The older videos seem to be more about driving techniques while the newer videos are more centered around amateur and professional rally cars and their components

Rallying is truly the greatest motorsport.

Maybe dumb question but : Are there still categories of cars close to the ones prepared for the WRC? I remember for exemple that the first alpine which won in 1973 could be bought.

This

WRC cars start off life as normal road cars. But then they get completely stripped and all the factory parts are thrown out and replaced with race kit. The WRC i20 car shares really onlt the body with the factory car. The Hyundai i20 is front wheel drive from the factory. I guess the closest thing you could get would be an evo, wrx or focus rs.

Induced oversteer, not as easy in a FWD but can be done. There's a couple different methods but the most popular is probably the pendulum turn or "Scandinavian Flick"
Basically if you're coming up to a left turn, you steer right first and then crank to the left. The shift in momentum causes the back end of the car to swing wide.