Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

I built a soap box to compete in this year's Red Bull Soapbox race. It's working fine, but we need a theme. Do you have any suggestions as to what we should make it look like? It could be anything really as long as it's not a dick or anything like that.

make it look like a bull, that is red.

panda 86 with some kind of chinese markings on the side

sonic the hedgehog.

make it a trashcan with "hitler did nothing wrong" written on both sides.

This for maximum respect

nice to see someone with suspension and wheels that wont buckle as soon as they hit the jumps.
make it shaped like a twingo, like see if you can find a twingo and make a paper masche mold of the car to stick over the top

That's not a bad idea actually. Thing is though, the theme needs to appeal to normal people if we want to win (which we do). And twingos mean nothing to normies.

i think normos will still find it funny
you can put a racecar paintjob on it too

maybe, yeah. I really hope all the suspension stuff will stay intact on the way down. last year the track was pretty brutal. It included stairs..

how about some fast and furious thing with underglow

Currently I'm thinking Dracula in a coffin

WAT racing AE86 shitbox

A sideways drift car, like put the hood and windscreen on your right side. so its in permanent drift mode. make it a trueno for meme points. No idea if it could even work.

>look up how to say red and bull in kanji for that branding respect form the judges.

>not even automotive
y'all need to find jesus and then need to go to /n/

>two white guys
>high likelihood of homosex
gotta be the soibois

I always liked mad max/post-apokalyptic themed stuff.

That's pretty rad. I'm just concerned something like that would ultimately turn out to be too heavy. There's a weight limit of 80 kg's, and I reckon we're already up to between 60 and 70. Any decoration will have to be pretty light weight. Good Idea though

it looks pretty good to me
just having suspension and proper wheels already puts you a league above most contenders, your frame looks pretty sturdy too

WAT Racing
The fact Veeky Forums hasn't said this yet is really fucking disappointing

Why the fuck you only have a heave spring, but no anti roll bar or independent shocks

Thanks! This is the first vehicle I've ever built and it was a really fun process. Didn't calculate or draw anything, just did what felt right.

do takumis trueno and have a boombox blasting eurobeat as you go down

its mainstream enough that enough people will find it funny

use cardoard or something for lightness

have you even read the thread my man

I do have anti roll bars though, quite sturdy ones at that too, suspended in the green blocks. The black thing in the rear is a piece of timber, cloacked in the carbon fibre which makes for a pretty sweet leaf spring. The rear carries a lot more weight than the front so that's why it's there. If it looks like it's an afterthought, that's because it is.

only time it is ever done well is in the fuckin movies.
IRL its tired and overused since every retard can weld random shit to a car and leave it out to rust.

A boot stomping on a monster can

Looks very nice, although it's far to square - front suspension should almost always come up at a backwards angle rather than straight up and down.
Rear suspension should camber in on compression.

Are you sharing one spring for both sides suspension?

As for the front suspension: that's probably true and definitely something I'll consider changing.
Progressive camber in the rear is pretty pointless though if you're using rounded off tyres like I am. It does have eeeever so slightly longer lower wishbones than upper ones though.

I am, I was pretty preoccupied with saving weight and I thought it would make for a cool setup. Loads under unequal compression are almost entirely absorbed by the anti-rollbar

>I built a soap box to compete
If you're in Alabama of the american South, then take the P&G Tide box design but make the most red colour on it crimson red. The yellow and orange then change to become bright yellow to deep reddish orange respectively with all colours in between. What you've done then is increase the colour range of those on your soapbox. The logo would then be "crimson TIDE washing away the competition".

COOL VIBRATIONS meme mobile

Why are the brakes set up so that one handle controls the right and the other the left?
Is it jsut for convenience?
I would think that for two brake handles it might be better to have one control the front and one control the rear.

Immortan Joe and a war boy in the back, rallying up the crowd.

Paint the thing to look completely rusted with a few, SHINY AND CHROME items around the car.

Use lightweight cardboard, paper, plastics and
stuff for the body.

Use your damn imagination.

It’s funny you should notice that. I just slapped on some brakes without giving it too much thought. They were just there so that I wouldn’t die on its first spin around the block, but afterwards I thought this setup might have some torque vectoring- like qualities but that turned out not to be the case. In the end I’ll probably mount a circular steering wheel and a brake pedal

skid steer

This. Just enough normies will get it.

were's the engine

Make it look like a tank

that would be fun

Hitlers car

How about a Twingo that is pretending to be a panda Trueno?

A Twieno? Truengo?

Dan Gurney's car from Grand Prix, 1968, watch that movie if you haven't yet.

lol

or maybe a wienermobile. kind of aerodynamic

Border Patrol

And you can wear uniforms