drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>66 str 2h (99) versus 50 str 2h (75) strength should not provide additional AR

Oh yeah? Then how come .exe has low lightning resistance?
dsg= 0, atheists = 1

>image
The whole "Orstein was an illusion" meme was one of the dumbest retcons of Dark Souls 3 in my opinion. I guess that's the only way to explain his appearance in Dark Souls 2 but it is still stupid.

Thats not canon

>Play DkS for 1000+ hours
>Play DS3 for 500 hours
>Decide it's finally time to play some DS2
>Get it on steam
>Game looks pretty good
>Game starts
>Walking feels weird
>Rolling feels weird
>Kill the blue hippo monster
>Combat feels weird
>Effects suck
>Game slow as fuck
Is it even possible to enjoy this game after having played the superior ones?

watch all of the meme pvp videos

NG+ is pretty fucking dope.
Also, Rat fucking Covenant m8, it's too much fun.

it'll feel normal once you get your adp to around 20

how beat fume knight

This. It is fucking rad, I have never felt more powerful in a vidya game than it.

punch he

They tried to make the combat more realistic and somewhat methodical. As a sideeffect big weapons and rolling feels like shit, but it's probably the best game to play as sword&board if you want a more realistic experience. Also, as a result of the slow speeds, the pvp is less of a sanicfest as 3. If only the netcode wasn't the shittiest in the series.
Not much use in making the NG+ slightly more interesting if you don't enjoy NG. It's icing, noone is going to change opinion on the game after experiencing NG+
Don't get hit. Learn when you can hit him

Focus on the weakspots with your weapon and evade the attacks.

Anyone got a decent Str/Int build for DaS3? I'm seriously clueless on spells in DaS3, but figured I'd give it a try.

Check the pastebin, it has the best build in the entire game for that.

105 agility

50 vig
40 end
40 attunement
99 int
99 str
22 dex

Learn to dodge

Daily reminder we need Eva Green sliders for DS3

Does anyone knows if there's a way for me to lock the FPS to 50 or 40 in DS3? My computer can't handle stable 60 FPS and it keeps dipping in the middle of action.

It's okay pumpkin, just learn how Veeky Forums works before you post here. Okay, cupcake? I forgive you, honey.

Is game even alive enough to ratbro? Whats the recommended SM range?

u gay

remove phantoms

Play offline.

>started a ds3 run because a friend of mine restarted and comparing builds and how we both fare differently against stuff is fun
>remember there's no crypt blacksword in 3 and really want to just go play ds2 again now
Fuck. I fell in love with that weapon on my last ds2 run and I can't live without it now, it looks so good and hits so goddamn hard.

kek. I can imagine the character humming "doodly-doo, I'm coming for you (phantoms appear) Wait, that ain't right (oneshot both) Ahh, much better. Where was I? Ah, the ladder!"

Wanna be a chad with huge swords?
I know that sword is good. I beat fume knight with it. But you're just too attached to it.

chad

haha upvote for you good sir

I'm starting to hate huge swords.

check this shit out

What the literal fuck

I love this post.

With this and Poiseboi, dsg will enter a new golden age.

>Hexer's Hood

Fucking fashions souls 2.

pretty cool looking

>we could've had ironclad
>lmfao no enjoy your slutwear did u rike it

What in gods name has possessed you?

Fuckoff faggot. Before TRC release everybody was "BAWWWWW WHY NO GOOD SLUTWEAR IN DS3? FUCKING HACKAZAKI!!"
You faggots are literally never happy and I'm glad that you're miserable because that's all you deserve.

>everybody

I knew it was autismus maximus but I had to get it out of my system
>/dsg/ is one person

>everybody
Now, you know that's not true sweetie.

Enough people were whining about it to constitute solid representation of /dsg/. I know I wasn't whining about more slutwear but at the same time enough people did that it was logical for Bamco to do.

Same with /dsg/ now complaining about DS3 being "DS1 fanservice" when the same overall userbase was crying about DS2 not being similar enough to Dark Souls 1.

You made your beds now lie in it.

Ds2 had the best armors and defense system

lol

anyone want me to test a combo out?

Maybe for elemental defence

man that's a big arrow

>Fighting the Lion Warriors in DS2
>They beat the absolute shit outta me

Tell me about the beast men, why do they do so much damage?

I just miss all the equipment effects, like crit immunity and multiple tiers of Silvercat leggings.

Why is the parry timing so off when doing 2 handed parries?

Do it aiming up
Also, snap freeze and/or farron pew with cbv or css
Slow as shit, easy to backstab. They have crazy elemental defense iirc

Because they have 2 moves and sometimes 3

Made this now, what do you think?

I think the armor system in Souls in general is very limited.

I think the next Soulsborne-ish game should bring back armor upgrades, but they should make them affect more than just damage and materials used.

A good example of an actually meaningful armor upgrade system is the system in S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat that had upgrade trees for weapons and equipment where you could modify armors to have extra artifact slots (artifacts were essentially the ring / rune equivalents in that game), to boost elemental resistances or damage resist against a certain type of attacks over the other (like against mutant claws) or improve the durability etc. If you chose an upgrade it would lock some other upgrade out so your choice would have actual meaning and it made having multiples of the same weapon / armor useful.

In Souls terms this could be used to do stuff like have lighter armors have more upgrades for extra consumable / ammo capacity and maybe things like dagger holsters that would allow you to have an extra weapon slot for small weapons.

The heavier armors in turn could be buffed for defense and could be upgraded with extra plating (light armor similarly could be reinforced with chainmail or padding) but that would also increase the weight of the armor and possibly weaken certain elemental resists to balance it out (more metal = more lightning weakness for example).

The durability system should return to the DS1 / DeS / BB style system where it no longer refreshes at bonfires or upon death but the durability system should have different breakpoints for weapons' / armors' effectiveness to be reduced instead of it being just "oh, weapon broke now it's useless!" but before that everything being fine. The durability should start affecting things earlier especially for slashing weapons but it being less of an impact for things to "totally" break so you're not entirely fucked if a weapon breaks but it's definitely a bad thing. Cont.

Are you using a script?

for you

In addition to durability being an actual thing, different damage types need to stand out more. Slashing damage should mostly be effective against cloth armor and flesh while blunt would be good against reducing the armor of enemies but have less effect on padded cloth and piercing would have lower damage overall but have the ability to bypass armor better.

The armor system should also apply to most mobs and some bosses where if they wear armor, they should by all right also have (though increased from what the players have) durability for their armors and weapons as well so that the game system would be more consistent.

To combat the system being way too rock/paper/scissors, most weapons should be able to do at least two damage types and have movesets / transform moves that switch the movesets up like BB.

The Lucerne for example should have a way of flipping the weapon around so that you can switch from the hammer side to the beak side to have an effective Blunt / pierce weapon. Swords should have at least one or two pokes in the moveset to give them a bit more of a fighting chance against armor.

that's the most hideous thing I've ever seen user

So basically his Eva Green is close to the real one? Kappa

So it's a very accurate creation?

>Do it aiming up
I wanted it to hit the alcove in the distance, but it just falls at your feet. Shame.

Forgot to mention that you have to have at least one miracle for the combo

Nah, just force casting

Can someone help me practice parrying in Ds2? I'm just getting back into it and i need some practice.
On ps4 btw.

>ds2
>on ps4
Good fucking luck lmao.

more shitty webms

>On PS4

See, if you had said PS3 I probably could've helped you

I just wanted it to not abruptly change trajectory. Oh well. I've seen snap freeze into css
What about lightning storm into wog?

>Slow as shit and easy
can you repeat this into the microphone so i can properly hear you?
It's hard to beat them when they can both power through my heavy ass attacks and group up on me.

Hit them with an arrow or crossbow at a distance to draw one at a time.
Then circle to their shield side all the time and backstab them. Easy enemies.
Don't use magic against them

Are you playing the original DS2 or Scholar? In Scholar they're pretty far away from one another.

Original
When I bought it from the PS Store, I didn't notice there was the superior edition for the exact same price
This sorta makes sense, thank user.

Poiseboi I summon thee.

Sorry I took so long, been fucking around with more spells.

jesus christ, i just looked
what the fuck is wrong with your knees?

I think the muscled body type makes them more pronounced?

>ds2 and 3 lore are connected to 1

not sure when the meme will die and people will realize that literally zero effort was put into the story after 1, and they are connected in lore soley by item descriptions and "dark souls 1 fan favorite npc makes a cameo" "obscure reference to gwynn" "wild youtube speculations, made fact by the fans in lieu of actual lore"

2 and 3 exist because someone wanted to make alot of money, not because anyone's heart was in it

What exactly is a Havelmage in DS2? Is it literally just wearing Havels set and using magic? If so, what's so annoying about it?

>his appearance in Dark Souls 2
His appearance in DS2 doesn't need explaining. It's a reoccuring boss from a previous game, come up with whatever fancanon you want to justify it.

New thread when?
Soro soro jikan da.

>faster and dumber = better
okay bud

DS2 changed things by letting you cancel animations, change the distance of your roll without affecting iframes, and vice versa. If you don't know how to do those things, yeah it feels weird, but it rewards you so much more for figuring out how to actually play the game.

DS2 can feel exactly like DS1 if you stick to 50% weight cap and 100 agility.

I love the CBS. To satisfy your need for big, black, thicc, long swords...you need to use the Cathedral Knight Greatsword.

How long do tears of denial last?

What kind of stat spread do you need to go full on big dick on co-opers with this weapon like so?

strafe to the right during his first phase, strafe to the left during his second. Basically always move -toward- his heavy sword so that you roll through it rather than with it.

Nobody likes dealing with poisecast AoEs.

literally just armored core v

from knows how to make interesting armor systems, they deliberately don't with Souls so that you have more incentive to level up and to keep you from being too powerful early on

you get used to it
but it will take some time, especially after das3

also
>the superior ones
they are just different, not superior
das3 is fast
das2 is slow
das is in the middle, which, again, doesn't make it the best, just different

He is actually just possessed armor at that point since he succumbed to the abyss and is dead.

no one cares

kheheeh hahahahah haHAHAHAH

before TRC it was just tattered colorless clothes and rusty edgy plates

Defense from armor actually matters a whole lot. To wear full havel's and stay under 70%, and be an effective caster (usually they're hexers), you need to be level 200-250 at least. And that's if they're being generous. Usually havel monsters are 300-max level. At launch they had so many more hex buffs available: resonant flesh (+hp), numbness (+def), gmb, resonant weapon ALL STACKED. Plus you have havel's armor +5 defenses which are nuts, and likely great resonant soul which was OP as fuck back then, and probably a greatsword or straight sword, which are very good weapons.

They're a bit less powerful now, but still very formidable. Soul memory means they can match with people who are only 150 but have been playing so long they reached max tier SM.

jesus christ my eyes

>this entire time you thought blighttown was underground

handpainted by miyazaki himself!

Nope, always knew it was a literal shit valley.

No I haven't.
I noticed that a lot of people just don't fucking ever look up in video games, when there's no absolute need to do so. But I'm not one of them.

jesus fuck this is not easy without a miracle, but CBV casts twice with farron hail

Used my keyboard for this, I just couldn't get it with the XB1 controller. It's a little easier. I think it might work better with a chime too?