Thoughts on these?

Thoughts on these?

Good luck finding a manual one in good condition. Even at a high price. I gave up.

I think I want one as my next car. they seem quite inexpensive in my area and manual sedan versions are common, if slightly more expensive than the autos. but I cant decide if I between a manual sedan with a 3gse or an auto gita (wagon) with the 2jz-ge. they seem to be the most common and least expensive of both versions, besides the bump in price for the manual sedan which I can afford. wwyd Veeky Forums?

“Bro it’s like a four-door Supra”

But like the other guy said good luck finding manual, I wanted one too.

It's a grey car.

how are they for the performance side of things? like they are fast enough but whats the handling like? are they any good as a drift or track car?

It's a fantastic car, unobtanium 5 speed manual here.

The manual cars are around hot-hatch levels of fast, the handling is very good, though with stock suspension there is a fair bit of body roll. The steering is nicely weighted (hydraulic) and the ride is pretty rough for a Lexus. I don't drift mine but from what I know they make an excellent drift car, and I could see them making a good track car as well. Aftermarket is good and seems to be growing again. And if you want more power, the TT Aristo GTE swap is relatively straight forward as engine swaps go.

I have heard that the mounts are the same from the 3gse to the 2jz so in theory it would be a peice of cake to swap but what about the transmissions? like say you had a manual 3gse and swapped in the 2jz would it just slide into place or am I missing something?

fuck off nasty hope you enjoy cuckcord

>4 Door
>Lexus
>2jz

its like the perfect cross between tuner performance and normie taste in cars. You can go fast and look good as long as you don't rice it out.
Like everyone else said good luck finding one in decent shape and in manual.

>am I missing something?

sounds like you're missing some basic information about how cars are put together

what am i missing then? do you know something about these cars or are you mocking me?

Decent cars. Cant go wrong.

Even if the mounts are the same, you're gonna have to do a fair bit of work to get a 2jz into an RS200. The RS200 wasn't sold out of Japan, so I'm assuming you're in Japan? I'm not sure if the 6 speed in the RS200 3SGE models are super strong, and I have my doubts that they'd bolt right up to a 2J, you'd probably have to fabricate an adapter plate and some clutch hardware, and I don't know if that's worth the trouble. If you buy a manual 2JZGE IS300 it has the W55 transmission in it, which is a long ratio 5 speed, it's kinda weak-ish so I have plans to swap it with something else. Some people recommend an R154, but they're getting pretty expensive. I would probably recommend getting a late model CD009 (off of a late 350z or maybe a 370z) The earlier ones have synchro issues. If you're going for a 2JZGTE swap, the W55 will probably be at the threshold of what it can take power-wise, which is why I recommend a CD009. The actual GTE swap into a stock GE car is relatively straight forward, all the mounts are obviously the same, you'll probably have to relocate the ABS module to have space for the twin turbos and exhaust manifold. The biggest setback will definitely be the wiring harness, I know jack shit about wiring so I would just have your current one modded by a shop, or get the GTE shipped from japan with an Aristo harness and deal with whatever than entails. And if you don't already know, a 2JZ-GTE from a Supra will NOT fit in this chassis. You need a GTE with a front sump oil pan, and you can pretty much only get that from an Aristo, which is good because Aristo engines are cheaper because they don't suffer from Supra-tax.

Good car. Will be my next. Mad that it's now on Veeky Forums's radar and will soon suffer from a meme tax.

Common as dogs balls in New Zealand and are exclusively driven by poor retards. Perfect for Veeky Forums.

>“Bro it’s like a four-door Supra”
It's not
I don't get why people parrot that shit
2JZ-GE engine that can't handle much (if any) boost
Suspension is set up such that it can't fit wide enough tires to make use of the power anyone that thinks it's a 4-door supra is going to inevitably put in it.

this is valuable information thank you but I was meaning what if I swapped the 2jzge in from an actual rs300? also the 6spd manual that the 2j came with for the altezza is the same as the 6spd that came with the rs200 if you bought it with the 6spd. it stands to reason that it would be a pretty straightforward swap, as basically you are doing is going up another trim level and the only obstacles you might encounter would be the wiring loom which you can buy aftermarket anyway. also the rs200 was imported an awful lot to nz (where I live)

I'm honestly not sure, we never got the 3SGE RS200 in North America, so I'm not really familiar with that car besides the fact that it did come with a 6 speed. The 2jz cars came with a different transmission (at least in NA) and I'm not entirely sure the bolt pattern is the same.
So if you took an RS200 and swapped a 2jzge into it, I imagine the issue wouldn't be getting the engine into the car as much as getting the engine to bolt up to the RS200 6 Speed. I wouldn't actually recommend swapping in a GE either, I imagine the 3SGE RS200 is actually quicker than the 2JZGE car stock, if you're going to swap in an engine I would go with a GTE. The 2J is an absurdly heavy engine especially considering it's displacement, the block is iron, after all. I imagine the weight alone would offset the 20 or so horsepower disadvantage that the 3SGE has.

It's basically a 3-series with Toyota-tier reliabilty. If you can find a Sportcross with a manual tranny and an lsd you've got yourself a fucking rare car.

Hippy faggot across the street from me has a gold one with rear wing.