Cheapest way to hide scratches in your paintwork?

cheapest way to hide scratches in your paintwork?

Other urls found in this thread:

automotivetouchup.com
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/toothpick paint/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15578473/#q15590096
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Light scratches??? Glaze and good wax.

point brake fuild over the affected area and rub in circular motions with a cloth

Own a silver or white car.

barbed wire fence dragged down the side of the car scratches

point fuild?

pour
fluid

stop giving a fuck

I knew I would see this on here... That fucking boat

slaps
remember to sand and prime any rust away first

Idiot cunts like you are the reason why we can't have clean old Volvos in the UK

machine polish, then wax

>cheapest way to hide scratches in your paintwork?
YOU are maximum lazy with your question.
So the answer is Do It Yourself is the cheapest.

I love this car too much :^(

practically a go-kart

get fucked, didn't exactly intend to fire it into a ditch

I want to do it myself, I'm just wondering what the cheap option is

Plastidip

Cover it in even more scratches that way no one will kno which scratches u were tryin to hide

make huge dents nearby to draw away the attention

Chrisfix scratch removal

Ignore them. Ignorance hides everything.

Brake fluid takes scratches out.

Give it too me, it is my job to fix that shit. Plus I can find more speed holes in the titanic

Strip paint, let rust, rust is self repairing.

Who drives into a ditch on purpose? Learn to drive moron

Wtf were you doing

>volvo 360
>boat

wut

Buy the cheapest orbital polisher and $10-$15 worth of compound, then $10-$15 worth of polish, then $10-$15 worth of wax, and then $10-$15 worth of paste wax / sealant. You're looking at about $200 ($150 orbital polisher, and $50 supplies) - 10 hours of work on a weekend, and you'll remove most of the stuff.

Why bother? It's a shitbox anyway

i use wd40 to hide scratches, but grease should last longer

Dirt, never clean your car

this, people usually don't notice the terrible paint behind all the dirt and road grime

the only thing I clean is the windows and vacuum the inside

It's the car yard trick, only have ten minutes to make it look nice? Windows and wheels and people don't notice the rest

take 2 fingers and push your eyes in as deep as they can go.

so angry baka
take some yoga classes 2 loosen up

i was driving a snowed over road in a rwd car and i'm easily tempted

cheers, i'll have a think about it for the smaller scratches, it's looking like paint is my only option if i want it back to new

because it's my shitbox

max steeze

$150 for a polisher? Just buy a cheap angle grinder for like $20-$40 and the polisher attachment for like $20
You'll have to take the guard off if you get a grinder smaller than 6"

>cheapest way to hide scratches in your paintwork?
DIY.

Follow detailed instructions as posted in past Veeky Forums touchup threads. Only that you have a lot more scratches due to dragging barbed wire. Find a source of touchup paint. Walmart used to sell it until the theft rate forced them to stop selling it. I now get tiny touchup bottles from my dealer for $28 after taxes and fees.

automotivetouchup.com

Look up the archived threads on touch up painting at 4plebs archive. Why should we have to retype all that? After cleaning and making sure no residues in the scratch area, I use a toothpick to apply paint. I never use that brush included with the touchup paint container. If there is a lot of detail and quantity, instead of dabbing the paint onto a tile and wetting the toothpick, I use a syringe and suck up a little paint. I appy and use the toothpick to work the paint in the scratch and then wipe off with the technique described in the archived Veeky Forums touch up paint threads.

archive.4plebs.org/o/search/text/toothpick paint/

Specific Example:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15578473/#q15590096