Civic Type R's are Useless

What's the point of a $39,000 Civic with a different badge and being moderately faster than an Si.

It literally gets gapped by cars that can be had for $6500 on craigslist:

youtube.com/watch?v=D866VcBWghQ

Paying 40k for a FWD halo car? No thanks, Honda has been shit ever since they got rid of the S2K and they will never recover.

Faster in a straight line?

Yes, now put them on a track and see what happens.

I hope both the new NSX and the Type R turn out to be massive failures for Honda

maybe that way they'll learn they can't make boring shitcars and get away with it

I'm in Florida. There are no twisties/touge and the only tracks down here are nascar ovals.

Straight line performance outweighs cornering down here. A 350z has no problem cornering either, the type R had 4 doors and a higher center of gravity, it handles good but dont over hype its cornering abilities.

evo harry loves the new nsx and his opinion is pretty much always accurate

That's your fault for living in a terrible state with only straight roads and no tracks.

Performance is amazing I just want them to fix the styling, so this

are you seriously insinuating a fucking 350z is going to corner better than a Type R?

>he lives in florida
>he doesnt go to 24h of daytona, 12h of sebring, and petit le mans at road atlanta

Ask me how I know you're a fucking casual

Wait, so you can buy used cars that will out perform new cars for less money? Holy shit!

fucking straight line cucks

It is a fact that with comparable weight and hp, the high center of mass will fuck the civic over.

Petit is shit. Road Atlanta is a turrible track and IMSA should feel bad for running an endurance race on a course with 1 real passing zone.

anything cool near MA?

clearly a casual,

>muh track
Oh yeah, because that's the only way we measure a cars worth. Get the fuck outta here.

Sure, why not. Now go find some cherry picked lap times that shows you proving me wrong. Fag.

>What's the point of a $39,000 Civic with a different badge and being moderately faster than an Si.

To fulfill a long-time request by American Honda fans, and also to sell driving enthusiast's car. I'm not even a Honda fan and I get the picture, the car is genuinely good despite being FWD and not able to do hella skidz like all the "cool kids".

>It literally gets gapped by cars that can be had for $6500 on craigslist:

This is literally where the 3K civic meme was born from, you could buy any salvage title shitheap on CL and potentially build it up to walk all over a certain type of vehicle.

track time>cletus' drag strip

even if I had 40 grand to blow on a shitbox, I'd flat out tell the dealer, cash in hand: 'no, look at that rear bumper. Too bad'.

>Genuinely good
>2nd gear popout
>Clutch issues
>Constant overheating

Sure seems like a winner.

florida is full of good roads but your too dumb to find them
this

Then they will only make boring family cars you stupid cunt

>if i buy a 3500$ shitbox and mod the living cunt out of it it can beat a car made for cornering in a straight line