[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Long ago the 4 stroke bikes lived together in harmony but then everything changed when the KTM riders attacked edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet, fight, fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Grom simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Reasonable, humble bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

checked

Everyone post ur bikes or your dogs, nobikes and nodogs get the fuck out.

>999
nice trips user. how can you not afford a grom by now, it has been years.

Is a Suzuki Savage a good bike for commuting ? I need something that's a bit thriftier with fuel to commute to school.

I don't have a bike or a dog but I like dogs and I wanted to get a bike until about a year ago.

Fuck you.

Sry :'(

would you wave to a can am spyder motorcyclist if they waved at you?

would you wave first?

My bike has a tail tidy and somehow the back tire kicks up all this mud onto my pillion seat.

Every single journey the pillion seat needs cleaning. I have no idea how it flings up there.

How do I prevent this

no
no

No, no.

I only wave if they do

tfw no dogger

Yes because I would wave to anybody if they wave at me and it would make their day nicer

I wouldn't wave first unless they were with some other motorcyclists

rear wind screen

>don't even want a bike
Why are you here?

biking needs more strong independent women

why havent you joined bikes on dykes yet?

woops, i mean dykes on pikes

i mean

dykes on bikes?

DO YOU HATE WOMEN?

Should I trade my scout in for a Husky 701 or an Africa Twin?

yikes

stop riding through mud.

Here's both

*runs over your dog* woops sorry bro

nice

>run over your dog
>get out of the car to beat it with a baseball bat to make sure it was dead
>pee on it

Wtf is wrong with you?

>All cruisers and scooters

Really makes you think.

>theyre all either fat (and hideous) or hideous

i'm sure they are lesbians by choice

>see your dog
>drive over to it
>get of the car with a huge plastic bag
[spoiler]give it lots of dog treats from the bag, pet it, and leave[/spoiler]

Happy with how these sumo plastics came out desu senpai

stupid bikers i hate all of you

drive near me and i will run you off of the road you stupid faggots are so helpless against me and my 3 tonne American made fat rolls

also my car which is about 2 tonnes

Spyders and trikes are OK.
Slingshot riders can go get fucked.

Not even close to being done, just dremeled them out an fit them to think about the design, gonna paint a bunch of parts as well.

>pretends to be an American
>uses some faggot science unit of measurement
Do some research next time, you aren't smart enough to act like a dumb American

Good God that looks hideous

why

it was a joke post you buttmad tard

image made me giggle

go birds

Really appreciated the help last time from a couple guys, gonna post again to see if there's anymore insight:
anything to watch for or maybe this whole thing is caused by something else entirely.

a few symptoms my bike has are:
>idles up to like three thousand, blip the throttle and it'll go to the appropriate spot.
>throttle just kind of sticks in general, not like the grip itself but the revs
>not much power, I feel like it shouldn't be topping out at 55-60 mph
>will literally foul another plug every 3 rides.

I love the bike but it's been sitting in the garage and I can't afford to keep dumping money into shop repairs if they're not even going to get it right.

>wasn't even able to winterize it because it wouldn't run to get the fuel through the system

something something something carbs

DR650 will do everything you want (and more)

fucks had better beat the goddamn pats, it's literally all on the iggles.

This seat sucks.

Y E S
E
S

shit for got to put this part in

I have a 1978 honda XL350 and i've brought the thing to a shop like 2 different times. It will work for a couple of months then almost leave me stranded somewhere. Both times I brought it to a shop they have worked on the carb and said it was pretty much shot. it's super expensive because it was only made for a year or two so the parts a bitch to find. looking at swapping the carb for a Mikuni VM which seems to be the pretty popular mod to do. There is only a little info online about the jetting and tuning and such so I'm wondering if anyone has any experince in doing this. How hard is it and is there anything to watch for or maybe this whole thing is caused by something else entirely.

Carb tuning is more of an art; you adjust the fuel so it idles comfortably, starts well, and doesn't bog at various engine speeds. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, and your local cycle shop doesn't do it, then you need to find another mechanic. That or just pony up for OEM.

Africa Twin

There is a catch, im 5' 9". What do.

701/690 would be way better off road but worse on road compared to the AT.

Sit on them, see how it feels.

5'9" is probably fine for an AT, especially if you get a low seat, might not work for the 701 unless it's a sumo, you'd have to sit on both to see anyway.

Ive sat breifly on an Africa Twin but they had it on a raised platform so I didnt really move it around under me because I didnt want to drop it.

Spyder is not a motorcycle. I'd sooner wave to this guy.

That was the point of the fender, fuckstick. What did you think it did?

STOP POSTING DRZ'S!!

For an absolute beginner to simply play with, what does everyone think of this here Chinese bike? I hear I gets solid reviews

no

i feel like a retard cause idk how to just pull over at good photo spots. I don't want some asshole ripping around a curve and kill me and my bike

No bike and no dog
:( :( :(

You can get a used jap bike for cheaper and it wont break the moment you step on it.

I can get a used jap bike for $1,600?

>buy brand new chink bike for $2k
>breaks in 4k miles

>buy used jap bike for $2k
>breaks in 10k miles and is a easy fix

>buy used chink bike for $350
>already broken

pick 1

There is a pretty decent amount of info online for specifically this bike with the tuning and just lots of carb tuning in general. plus the VM Mikunis are and have been really popular for a long time. I'm no bike guru but I think I could manage it. I suppose worst case I just go back to square one and start over.

Used ninja 250s, yamaha 250s, etc, are regularly sold on craigslist for $1500-2500. Likely to go 10k+ miles, and since they make a shitload of them parts are always available.

Very very easy. It might not be the bike you want, but it'll be something. Look for older CBs, Nighthawks, GS's, for dual sport like the one you posted DR, KLR are good ones. Do some craigslist hunting it won't take you long to find something.

Hmm interesting info. Thanks!

Specifically CB's. Honda bikes last longer than riders of other makes would believe.
Generally, commuter models are made to last 190k+. Tanks like the cb250 nighthawk (cmx250 rebel) and the old cb500a twin have been known to go 250k.
I'd recommend testing a couple sizes, and saving about 500 more so you can make a serious offer on a 90-15

KTM has tawdry quality and design. Just abide and steer clear of their current products.
On the other hand, the Africa Twin has manifested itself as reliable and capable machine.
As an alternative check out the Tiger 800 and F800gs.

Spotted the Honda shill

Wow you're dumb

>Africa Twin has manifested itself as reliable and capable machine
Shame the anodizing inside the fork is too soft and wearing away prematurely.

Pitting on the spokes too
And weak rear subframes

Ive read that the tiger 800s use oil after 15k miles or so.

I wish they would pay me to fanboy on the internet. Sadly, I'll just have to settle for anime grills and reliability shitposting.

Also, I've been eating dinner. Those are two different people.

>tfw when good bike and even better dog

What was Yamaha thinking?

>how do we get more people to buy our bikes
>make ones that don't fall over

>couldn't even afford the Springfield
Fucking poor people

I'm sorry, what?

>Dumb Gaijins buy this meme bike to show off to their friends
>We get even more shekels on maintenance

>Mechanics have panic attacks when they see one of these parked in the shop

That shit looms like a transformer

So, my bike was shifting hard up from 2nd-3rd, sometimes missing completely and shifting up from 2nd into 2nd. Now when I shift up from 2nd, it slips all the way down to neutral, then up to 2nd again, so I have to try to double shift and hope it sticks to get to third and beyond.

I can fix this by replacing the friction and separator plates in the clutch, right? I can replace all 6 friction plates no problem, OEM they're like $6 ea. I just want to make sure that's the actual problem before I order them.

Thinner rear wheel or fender kit

Only if it's an old person. The guy who sold me my first bike rode one of these because he couldn't ride a bike anymore due to hip problems. But slingshot riders can fuck off.

cock user has a bike now?

What state is this?

are you implying that a poobike has less issues than real nippon steal?

Actually most of them that use oil do so much before that point.

SoCal

Horrible and that sticker is edgy

The difference is Yamaha's bike is actually going to be at dealerships this year while Honda's bike will stuck being a prototype and then forgotten.

Yeah but it's cuter

Thanks my dude