/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>sprintex supercharger edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=bOyU_OzRXnM

>New Insight
youtu.be/CH7mDVTkNlU

>ywn have a british ricer gf
youtube.com/watch?v=yEi_bcgulqw

>Type R History
youtube.com/watch?v=Tnk7MsoJN9E
youtube.com/watch?v=kCL5J_g1DQM

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?hasPic=1&postedToday=1&bundleDuplicates=1&min_price=500&max_price=3000&auto_transmission=1
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-honda-civic-dx/6450576272.html
s859.photobucket.com/user/yebabee/media/manualautomanifold_zpswgygkbuq.jpg.html
louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/acura-integra-18/6442324020.html
youtu.be/eICmrKpRgwU
forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Category/f21/collection-honda
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wifi is retarded, will upload current collage later

woot woot made it before >311 replies

>tfw i will never see pristine white snow
>tfw salt shit land
>tfw rust

For the user that wanted the set of Prelude pictures in the thread that 404'd, search "Honda Prelude AB/BA2 Bilderthread" and click the result on hondayoungtimer.de The pictures are on page 4. Its not letting me link the thread for some reason.

Current Collage

>first thread without crx
depression

Del, I'm sorry with what I'm about to do to this '84 CRX

Just got a Black '99 Civic EX Sedan with a manual transmission for 500 from a good friend. Has a clean title and he kept all the service records. (which literally just consist of getting the tires rotated and a timing belt replacement other than routine shit he's done himself)

How did I do and what am I in for? It's my first car.

Tires aligned*

He's not a soyboy, he knows how to rotate tires by himself.

I got a new battery yesterday hg, what everyone else do?

>those rims
delete yourself

: ( Not very nice but I bought the car with those on

You can redeem yourself my murdering the previous owner.

tfw sick with the flu :^)
I did take the integra on a nice night drive a few days ago. Got some in n out and took that shit up on the mountain benches for a comfy meal with a view.
I found this shit on my way back down, and like a true autist I had to take a pic.
>tfw creepin on people's cars in the middle of the night

I like the wheels.

>WWII Veterans hate him!

nh.craigslist.org/search/cto?hasPic=1&postedToday=1&bundleDuplicates=1&min_price=500&max_price=3000&auto_transmission=1
What's the least bad civic in this price range?
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-honda-civic-dx/6450576272.html
this one maybe?

>185k EX Trim CM5 with stick shift for $2700
Man cars are cheap in NH, a CM that runs good is expensive as hell here, people wanting $3800 for a DX trim.

>NE automarket
>cheap
what hell hole do you live in that makes this place seem reasonable?
most stuff here is garbage, or if it looks decent it's 99% a scam.

My mother had a 07 7th gen with 50k on it that got totaled from frame damage, saw it back on a used car lot for $5500 lmao
safe to say I am not buying anything off local lots

I'm living in a shithole where a CM that you'd want, with low miles and isn't wrecked is a $5000 car at a dealer.

I hope you start to feel better man! I thought I was getting sick a couple days ago and I took something just in case. I've only had in-n-out once but from what I remember I liked it. Don't really bad for checking out others cars I'm always looking at other Honda's whatever time it be. Was the meal in fact comfy?

Would someone with a 99-00 Civic Ex be willing to post a picture of their IACV and the plug that goes with it?
I discovered a couple days ago that mine is supposed to have a 3 prong connector but the previous owner had taped off one of the wires and cut in a 2 prong connector and IACV.

mine has the regular 2 pin that's the same as b series.

Shit, I might have just figured something out. I think the previous owner had swapped intake manifolds on it. It's a 2000 Civic Ex automatic, d16y5. The only 3 prongs I could find googling looked nothing like the 2 prong on my car. But I just found this picture. If he had swapped them, that would explain why he changed the plug and also why my throttle body took a manual gasket when I replaced it. Shit

s859.photobucket.com/user/yebabee/media/manualautomanifold_zpswgygkbuq.jpg.html

Thoughts on the Prelude-SH? I know a few anons had the fifth gen.

Thanks, flu season a shit.
In-n-out is pretty good, and the location I go to is around a 20-30 minute drive there and back so it's a good excuse to take a drive.
The meal was pretty comfy, although it's not easy to eat a burger in the dark without making a mess.
Probably one of the more autistic things I've done in a while though :^)

yes the autos had a 3 pin IACV. is it causing a CEL or is it fine? if it's fine just leave it. if not then google 3 to 2 wire IACV conversion and follow those instructions and you should be gravy.

>Tein
>Call still sits higher than a monster truck
What are you waiting for, slam it

>Call
Car*, fuck me I can't type. That's what 8 hours of tech support does to a nibba.

CEL, engine runs rough between 1500-2000 rpm (especially at 1600), and I have to hold the throttle open when starting cold for 2-3 minutes or it will die. I'm gonna have to check the ecu plug to see if he already tried the conversion but I'm gonna swap the manifold back

why the fuck cant i post pics

because hiroshima making botnets again

Dropped off the hatch at my buddy's place because I'm happy to slip him some cash to help me keep it running since I don't have the time or motivation to mess with it myself.

>water pump replacement
>swap distributors and send the old one back for warranty
>tie rods
>figure out the noise at the front right wheel
>might have a failing throw out bearing
>install seat brackets

Plenty of noises going on right now but it drives fine. Got stuck with a day shift so after that I'm gonna go tear into it after work.

>was gonna take a pic of it parked by the ded EM1
>remember that Hiroshimoot broke images

Fug it

>figure out the noise at the front right wheel
GEE

Ahhhh I need tools

testing hiroshimoot's botnets fuckery

>4wd

I swear m8 if it's a wheel bearing I'm gonna be pissed. It has been doing it for many months and hasn't gotten any worse.

>first thread with new crx
good feels

>ok

what are those wheels? overall pretty nice tho. good feels my dude.

Mugen CF48 sans aero caps

Damn it, I got the smaaaaallest paint chip the other day.

Do I really need to get masking tape, spray paint, clear coat spray, etc for something so small?

Touchup pen

SW literally WHY did you do this
this is nth level audism

Shiny shiny

>Glass roof
That seems comfy as fuck, but I could see it looking fugly if you don't wash the bird shit off.

The cyber roof is 10/10.

>Show up to work with it
>They require a topper now
>Only place it would stick is the hood

Kek

Replaced my civic with a corolla

I bought a Fit EX for $10,900. Only 40k miles. How did I do guys?

What year

Pretty good

Whoops

my 97 Civic DX with B16a swap with b16 non-lsd trans solid blox and hasport engine/shifter mounts with a KTuned Pro-Circuit Shifter.

What's going on here? Does this guy have a gs-r and not know it?

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/acura-integra-18/6442324020.html

>Valve cover and exhaust
That's still really clean.

I’m glad I’m not the only one with that bumper sag.

I’d take a look user if you have time. Check around the bottom left of the block and if you see a B18C stamp. Guy might not know he has a GS-R.

Right on, how's that working out for you?

can I join the collage with my 97 Honda Passport?

How do i get that meaty tire look on my AP1. Previous owner dropped some stock AP2 wheels on mine and I hate thin sidewalls.

TRAITOR

Is there a way to rust metal like this intentionally without damaging it structurally? Nice car btw, post more pics

I've had this 2011 Honda Accord EX-L for a few months now. What are some cool things I can do to spice up this entirely stock Honda?

What color should my new accord be? Some faggit trucker totaled my civic so I'm going for that 2.0T meme.

I like the modern steel and lunar silver. Kona coffee seems cool but risky.

>Old phone fits in cowling under hood
WOT at 3:50

youtu.be/eICmrKpRgwU

I'd go with the white or metallic silver, the others are gonna fade because Honda.

livin the meme dream

Get wheel spacers. It will make it look more aggressive, especially at the front where the wheel looks tucked in.

dont spacers fuck with suspension geometry and all that shit

New wheels, lower it by 0.5" or 1" (maybe more + camber if you're feeling particularly ricey), if you don't have the fog lights then get 'em

Any recommendation on wheels/lights? This is my first car I've owned that isn't a total POS

About 2 seconds away from buying a 2nd gen Odyssey with a shot trans and swapping a manual. I've been seeing conflicting info about what parts work though. Some people say the 6mt out of the v6 accord from the same period works, but I'm also reading only the Acura CL Type S 6mt works. I dunno, either this or I'm finding an MT Previa.

Nah, you'd probably hate my choice of wheels anyway. I'd pick something like this. These are Vossen but you can find cheaper ones that look like it.
Not sure about the lights either.

better off getting a complete package

I'm not sure, but apparently there's no real danger to using spacers if you buy the appropriate size and you install them correctly. I think there was a ChrisFix video about it, don't really remember.

something like this?

>get valve cover and top timing cover off
>Timing belt is loose as fuck on the back side of the engine but tight on the front side

It's too late to dig further but my buddy will confirm it for me later. I got Friday and Saturday off so it should be running by then.

this is pretty hard to prevent on hondas sadly. the long run from the crank gear to the cam gear really needs an idler. on the flip side some people use a prybar on the tensioner to get rid of it and end up taking out their cam journals.

What do you mean by a complete package? Aren't any MT odysseys, at least not in the US.

Yesterday got it registered
Today did some more errands for it
>duplicated key
>city sticker
>transferred plates
>cleaned interior including trunk and windows/mirrors
>topped off brake fluid
>filled up fuel
>replace blown headlight bulb
>deleted a couple intake muffling tubes
>transferred personal belongings from the civic
I can't find the LED bulbs I was supposed to try and my genuine sackboy so I have a riding buddy.

I took it for a test drive with the Integra wheels it's sooo cooommmfffyyyyy

I have acura Integra wheels on it so what does that make me? All the good Hondas at the time were sold user

I love this meme machine

>Buying a van
user pls, just get an Accord no one laughs at us.

Woah first passport. Will add fâm

Interesting. I don't know shit about timing yet but I'll see what's up probably tomorrow. It ran pretty good on the way to his shop, just rattling at the pulleys. Also swapped out the distributor with the new warranty replacement. Hope that is good for a while.

That's super clean for an old Jap scrap. Much better than mine. It has seen some shit.

>new head gasket arrived today

Get coffee nihga

Manual swap though. My daily is a miata, it'd be nice to have a secondary car to haul shit and people with but I want it to also be fun. And the 2nd gen odysseys ride so nice.

I would get a new tensioner and follow exactly the procedure for installing a timing belt. on the b series you loosen the tensioner bolt and spin the engine CCW for 3 complete rotations but I usually do a couple more. hold what you got and torque your tensioner back down. I think it's 40ft/lbs. put it back to TDC to check your work. put the crank bolt in with about 4 ugga duggas.

Yea it's awesome. I find it ironic how my bro bought a civic a generation after mine to replace his corolla and i bought a corolla after his generation corolla to replace my civic. The tables have turned. I doubt it'll be the same for our fun cars.
>tfw forbidden to post blupra in tg

>tfw uncle's family owned a 2nd gen Oddy
It is a soft riding thing, and the J35 is great, but it's gonna take some davidsfarm tricks to make a shifter linkage and put in a manual J series tranny.

I know it's been done before, just barely any documentation. Plenty of stuff about the 1st gen, but those aren't as nice. It's kinda on the backburner, I wanna buy one now but probably won't get around to it for a while. I've got a volvo I need to put a cummins in.

I know Boostedboiz was gonna try to turbo and manual swap a second gen but they didn't know shit about the J series so they ended up doing a boosted H22 first gen. Pretty much used Accord parts.

>Open up Google on phone
>It shows me this

forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Category/f21/collection-honda

Excuse me what the fuck?

never owned a honda before and Im looking to get a new civc coup grand touring, and wanted to know if would be worth it. i dont care much for the tablet, but i want to know if they are fun to drive.

Yeah I've been following their build for a while now, crazy seeing where its at now. Really disappointed they didn't do the J series but I understand it. Maybe I could just find one with both a blown engine and tranny and then swap in an 6MT Accord engine and tranny. I dunno. Still have to figure out shift linkages and clutch stuff but it might be easier and cheaper that way.

What the fuck is that link though

As far as fwd econoboxes go, the Civic has always been more set up for fun compared to competitors like the Corolla. Find a manual for maximum fun.

Some weird ass Honda clothing line. No idea why it exists at a place like that. Kek

I guess the good thing is that they use cable linkages instead of the solid rod linkage like my Civic does. Would allow more flexibility when fitting a shifter.

Yeah honestly I doubt it'd be too hard to get the shift linkages done. I have no experience with manual swaps and very limited experience with Hondas though so this should be an adventure.

ah thanks for that, Im just debating on the civc, because i saw that they have great mileage, and the higher packages come with some fun shit too.

I drove a new coupe for a few miles and was impressed. I'm a manualfag so it being auto was my only downside.

Would be a cool as fuck ride if you pull it off.

bought this gem about three weeks ago for 700

Got the air con fixed on the civic brehs. Blowing cold af now. Its great. Also had a surplus radiator installed . Originally was going for a flush but the mechanic said the original radiator was garbage. Got it all done for 7850 pisos. Next maintenance . Going to get oil changed soon and valve adjustments.