/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 9th of August:
48 BC – Caesar's Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus: Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt
1810 – Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire
1942 – Battle of Savo Island: Allied naval forces protecting their amphibious forces during the initial stages of the Battle of Guadalcanal are surprised and defeated by an Imperial Japanese Navy cruiser force
1945 – Nagasaki is devastated when an atomic bomb, Fat Man, is dropped by the United States B-29 Bockscar. Thirty-five thousand people are killed outright, including 23,200-28,200 Japanese war workers, 2,000 Korean forced workers, and 150 Japanese soldiers

>News
CK2 DD 60 - The Dragon Throne
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-61-the-dragon-throne.1038599/

EU4 DD 08/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/developer-diary-8th-of-august-2017.1038756/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/this-day-in-history/italian-surrender-is-announced
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Just because of that I'm going to start posting only here.

Not really.

Good evening Veeky Forums

it is morning retard

t. subhuman spic

In subhuman countries only

hella fricking epic bros
time for BASED FASCIST KEBAB REMOVAL XDDD

do i take the whole levant in the next war as greek living space

Anatolia belongs to Greece and Greece only

Greece retaking Byzantium (the city) in V2 is about as plausible as grossgermaniums blobbing all across Europe.

So very plausible you colossal faggot

t. grossgermaniums PRO

yes, exactly what i was going for actually

My son is the king of Leon and we share the same heir. Should i kill him before he has offspring? is there any other way to unify our kingdoms?

It's worth a shot

>serbia holds macedonia
Nice failure blob.

GL trying to plot against other king realm. The only viable solution that I see is killing your brother so your son will be your new heir.

Everybody knows Germany only lost WW2 due to Italian incompetence, and if it was Germany v all they would have won.

But why did thry lose WW1?

Haven't played CK2 in a long time, I'm doing an irish conquest of Britannia and just got half of Andalusia in a Crusade.

What should I do? Grant land to the pope or the holy orders? I don't want to blob into hispania

Holy orders, fuck the Pope.

too late

I'm already the father of the year

>play victoria 2
>germany or france or the uk do something stupid and wrong
>end up change ownering provinces to fix it
how do i stop doing this?

what should i do with my spare influence points.

Simple, fucking kill yourself you cheatownering scum.

Autism can't be cured

Sorry m8

this, but unironically

>play victoria 2
>germany or france or the uk do something stupid and wrong
>world economy collapses
>quit the game and never load it ever again

ah yes

That sure worked out great in real life

What happened to fascism with the emperor?

Man, I feel old.
Remember Kojak, anyone?

no but i got here as the references to him were still ongoing
My understanding is he was an MP fag who had John Cena as his avatar.

That's about right. Fuck, time flies when you're white and based.

does tuscany ever get absorbed? it seems to take longer than the others.

Lost the elections. The conservative party is pretty good though.
an MP fag who had John Cena as his avatar, practiced zumba daily and sold shoes for a living, yes.

>Lost the elections.
>not simply reappointing them

lol

>reappointing parties without any means to lower militancy now that all social reforms are gone

white men

I see tumblr arrived early 2da

So you get this event if you're an Italian GP and have sphered another state? Haven't looked into the files.

Love when this happens

If they ask, refuse the integration of Sicily. Keep Italy white. It's not like those illiterste rural faggots will bring anything to the table anyway. Puppet them if you can, but do NOT annex them.

:^)

>not just killing the traitors

It's was also Italian incompetence.If Italy had joined their german allies instead of the backstabbing entente then they would've won.

anyone have a 3.03 V2 dl? the one in the pastebin is 3.01

Is there anything worse than Italy? Only good thing from there is their food, music and their art, other than that thry should be wiped off the planet.

user those are the only good things from anywhere

Italian and Romanian "softness" (The Russians knew to hammer those nationalities hard on the great push out from Stalingrad) was a factor in them losing the war. I don't feel that it's fair to lay the blame solely at the feets of the Wops.

>britain
Literally all our food is foreign or a baked bean derivative.

Tumblr told them to stop blobbing into Belgium and France.

britannia delenda est

r8
Gets annoying once a brigade from each of your stacks rebel all at once t bh

>what is having to commit the best tanks to the afrikakorps and the occupation of Greece because Italy is shit
Lad, 9 fucking FRENCH prisoners BTFO'd hundreds of Italians, this would be literally unbelievable if it was documented.

>Gets annoying once a brigade from each of your stacks rebel all at once t bh
True, but that doesn't happen unless you consistently piss of soldier pops, and they're hard to piss off due to being rural and suburban retards.

let's not forget the disaster in africa were a single english brigade encircled and imprisoned 200,000 italians

World War 2 was Germany v USSR. The rest was just tiny skirmishes here and there (including D-Day landings) compared. In the real war Romanians and Italians had very low morale and broke easily. I honestly want to know where they were going to run to. They had 84,000 miles of steppe behind and ahead of them.

what is a good army comp at this point in the game? got a lot of spare army to build and i want to get it right.

3 dragoons, 2 guards, 2 infantry, 2 engs and 1 artillery

4 inf, 4 art, 1 eng, 1 hus.

>germany lost ww2 because of a nation that wasn't even involved past 1943
What?
Anyway, the german loss in ww1 was because their defenses were completely broken in the 100 days offensive and they figured they'd just call it a day there cuz they had no chance of reorganizing.

>italy wasn't involved in ww2 until 1943
ughm, lad?

4 inf
4 art
2 eng
1 hus
1 cav

5 guards, 5 artillery
>hussars?
no need to, you will be sieging with 30 stacks so it will happen fast anyways and you won't be sieging too many stuff, might as well stick with more firepower
>engineers?
go for it if you want, replace 1 artillery with 1 engineer

is it a good idea not to build infantry and rely on mobilized troops to frontline.

lads is two sicilies green again in HPM or am i an idiot incapable of installing a pdx mod

As a nation that has to do that, yes, but Italy should have enough troops on it's own.

no, mobilization has consequences on hpm and you might be overwhelmed if taken by surprise during peacetime. also guards are much stronger than drafted infantry.

learn to read bro he said not involved PAST 1943 not until

>i an idiot incapable of installing a pdx mod

history.com/this-day-in-history/italian-surrender-is-announced
They surrendered in 43. Did you read my post?
If you're a small nation like serbia or greece it's a good idea, as it allows you to punch far above your weight class militarily. Otherwise, no.

:/

what the fuck do i have to do to get fascists to stage a coup?

how did you annex italian minors without lombardia? I thought that was required for the unification cb

4 inf 5 art 1 drag

>my sister has dyslexia
What, was she reading the post for you?
Just wait for some fascist rebels to spawn and let them siege the capital.

that sucks user

>and I've always thought I had a touch of it too.
It's genetic, me lad.

based disinfo agents spreading lies like a bunch of BAWSES

how bad am i doing?

>prestige whoring
GET OUT
Seriously though, there are better ways to hit great power than that.

white men

Like what?

Tumblr
Upvote
Reddit
greentext blob low energy memes as your base

Enrico

kike

Dandalo

Why would your son enjoy being an dickhead?

t. pavlos komnenikos-pailailogos

What's a good late game HPM army comp?

t. schlomo di pasta la spaghettistein

I guess blobbing in to uncivilized africa to raise your army and with them continue blobbing in mainland europe.

Dragoons

r8 ideas

Replace engineers with tanks, then replace artillery with tanks if you can afford it.
Planes don't really have a generic all-around place like tanks, but I'd just toss a few in the typical 30k stack.

I'm a big fan of 4 inf, 4 art, 1 hussar, and 1 engie. Replace engie with tank, inf with guard, and hussar with airplane when possible.
Blob in southwest africa, then use the troops from there to blob in europe.
Same thing I listed up there, although if you're planning on a really big war you can replace the infantry with mobilized infantry. Just make sure you have a ton of money saved up first cuz mobilization tanks your economy.

>175 (one hundred seventy-five) ships