>Previously:
>Auties
>shitposting

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13665905
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for first

benis

VOTE ON WHETHER THE KNOCKOUT DAYS REMAIN ON SAT-SUN OR ARE SWITCHED TO FRI-SAT FOR VIEWERSHIP CONVENIENCE

strawpoll.me/13665905

I didn't vote because of your stupid fucking editorializing in the options. Eat a dick.

nth for /aco/ in Autumn

>Says cup makes him stay up to late
>Claims to be European

Nice try Ivan, you're lumped into Asia and the Ocean.

>According to this the 50/50 split is correct
Nice arithmetic you retard, America and Europe are 85%.

The cup is timed so that it is not temporally accesible to anybody outside of the US. In Europe matches end in the early Monday morning. A similarly prohibitive situation occurs in Oceania and East Asia

The majority of the internet-faring Asian population is located on the Eastern shoreline, which has similar timezones to Australia's

The Fri-Sat change would greatly increase the amount of people that can watch the cup worldwide without professional constraints

You just don't even know what you're supposed to be adding up here, do you?

This. We need to chip in for sitewide self serve ads during the cup.

>Hurr I don't wanna miss the early fucking matches everybody will forget in 2 weeks so you can watch the final matches and sleep a healthy period!!!!

Half of the cup wins much more than the other sacrifices

>mom won't let me stay up late on Sunday, move the finals to Saturday please
The cup is perfectly temporally accessible to me in Europe. Stop being a little bitch.

>half of the cup

Even considering moving the cup earlier is stupid, since all of the streamers are American. If you want a Eurocup, go have fun listening to Tenko screech and Nepgear's computer catch fire in the middle of a game.

>I don't give a fuck you can't watch all the cup
>Bwaaa what do you mean take away my precious phase 1????

New Thread

Do these goobers fighting about this think the finals weekend is going to get rescheduled because some guy whined about it in /4ccg/? Why even bother?

>Nepgear's computer catch fire in the middle of a game
Can't Vert stream instead?

All I see is 87% of the people having no viewing issues.

Sounds memetastic. Yes please

Sound arguments have been put forth. It's improbably but preferrable to missing every cup final henceforth without having tried

>everybody in Europe has to go to bed at midnight like me
>a half of the viewership turns the stream off before finals, which is surely clearly reflected in attendance numbers

that one caught me off-guard

You guys realize that people like Boris and QD and Sou take time off of work to do this, right? I know that's fucking autistic, but they do at least have that dedication. Instead of appreciating it, you're saying "No, they need to sacrifice more to appease ME, for reasons that nobody's brought up before in 4 years". Get your head out of your ass and ask mommy if you can stay up late on a Sunday, you wet fucking fart.

If you want to be very exclusive you could make the point that Anglos and the Portuguese dont' have trouble with the timing. But everybody else which is employed in Europe should

>People want to watch the later matches more because they're more important

Yes that is what I'm saying

It's probably Peter actually. He did say he was GMT+2.

>should
There you go projecting again.

But user I need to go to bed!!! Who cares about the other people, if I don't go to bed before midnight I turn into a fucking gremlin

They would sacrifice LESS since they could just not participate for the first day of the Knockouts???

Oh, I didn't realize nobody was going to stream the first day. Well that fixes everything, we'll just get the results on the fucking telex machine afterwards.

>People should lose sleep if they want the full cup so I can watch it without inconvencience

You're the princess here

No, it's just funposting during the dead time until the knockouts on Saturday.

The stream times should be rolled back by 1h during DST, but that's all. Making it a day early is retarded.

Why even have the games in the first place? Just get the results from some RNG.

"no u" isn't an argument. If you're the one trying to change the status quo, you need to identify why that would be a net benefit for people. People are so OK with the current setup that this has never been brought up before until you woke up this morning with a stick up your ass.

I've anecdotally seen it rarely brought up but it can't be proven

More people would see the last few games, which are more important, without having to lose sleep. The tradeoff for this is that americans miss the less important matches of the 1st day.

Under the new system, more people could easily watch the finals. That is the benefit

There are multiple European streamers

>But everybody else which is employed in Europe should
It's only special snowflakes like you, I have no problem getting up at 5 to go to work, I only need to make my coffee a little stronger that day. Not to mention the "Veeky Forums cup viewers who are employed and live in Europe" portion of the cup audience is probably very small, because holy shit look at what we're doing right now

GMT+2 right now is most of Europe because of daylight savings. Bulgaria is +3 at the moment, to be fair.

Wrong, I'm just not a little bitch. Having the cup on Friday inconveniences the burgers more because they actually have work or school during the day, which is a much bigger issue than you demanding your precious sleep.

>implying Peter would know how DST works
He'd have just said central Europe.

The current state of the argument is

>50% losing forgettable cup games
>50% losing the final of the cup

nice reddit spacing, princess
we're not moving the cup and inconveniencing half the viewers for a whole day because your precious ass wants to go to bed earlier

It's literally the realest of Euro hours, and the current argument is 20/80 in favor of changing absolutely nothing. Don't delude yourself into thinking you're the head of some revolution saving the cup.

>RO16 games
>forgettable
Who the hell thinks that?

Correction:
>50% losing sleep or the final of the cup

But you're already inconveniencing half by disrupting their sleep schedule?

>muh reddit spacing

/pol/tard detected

>50%
>forgettable
If this is the best you can do, don't be surprised that you can't do shit.

It's bizarre to me that you continue to make the argument that 50% of the cup is being inconvenienced when in 4 years, you are the ONLY person that's ever complained about it.

We get it, your mom doesn't let you stay up late. But stop projecting your issues over an entire continent that doesn't have them, Peter.

You now remember Steve.

Sometimes the final is the forgettable cup game desu

Guys what you're forgetting is us people who have to work night shifts
I think the cup should start on Tuesday at 8 AM when I get back from work and have the Wednesday off, when you consider that there are only day and night shifts that means 50% of the audience has the exact same problem like me

The strawpoll leans in the other direction.

Tell me a RO16 game of !the first day! you still remember

So far youve made even less arguments

50% of the cup sacrifices much less so 50% gains more

>when in 4 years, you are the ONLY person that's ever complained about it.

Multiple thread and chat posts have. It's only that this caught fire for some reason, given that it proposed a poll.

I have to sleep 23 hours of the day and can only wake up between 3am and 4am so we should do the cup then

>Multiple thread and chat posts have.
Calling straight bullshit on this. You made a dumbass poll with "Click this choice if you're a faggot" and you're trying to argue that its results should be taken seriously.

I don't know why we're bothering even trying to get you to see logic - it's not changing. We win. Maybe you can cry over it during one of the 3 or 4 naps you clearly need to take to stay awake during the day.

>185503042
>185503108
>I concede the argument

>Tell me a RO16 game of !the first day! you still remember
when /mlp/ beat /r9k/ in summer 16 and MarcoZ sperged out here
when /asp/ scored a 90++ on [s4s] and the game went to benuldies where nobody could score a goal, probably Winter 16
when /sp/ lost to /c/ in a babby somewhere last year
Just for example.

And yeah, if you can't provide a single good argument that isn't a m-muh 50%!!, we can still have fun and exchange some (You)s, but (You) will change literally nothing.

The retard is making the wrong argument, he should be pushing for adjusting start time with DST, but he wants something impossible instead.

>I don't wanna get called a faggot in an anonymous poll!

You are a bitch if not a fag

>I don't know why we're bothering even trying to get you to see logic - it's not changing. We win. Maybe you can cry over it during one of the 3 or 4 naps you clearly need to take to stay awake during the day.

Are you literally retarded or, as another user suggested, baiting to pass the time until the RO16?

Even if the digits were 60% unaffected 40% affected, that would still be abysmal. A simple change of schedule would relieve 40% of the cup and you would only have to lose a few games you weren't going to remember anyways

Stop being a bitch.

Look at the audience figures for the cup before being a retard, retard. There's no dip from Ro16 to final day.

Started the argument with shitty personal insults, ended it with shitty personal insults. Got it. What did Lear and /merit/ say when you brought this up to them?

We're raising awareness to the cups scheduling so even if the current proposal fails it'll buoy up the idea to adjust with daylight savings

Again, that's probably because more people turn in to the final matches they care more about. This would fortify my point

>bait.jpg

Those that opposed the change brought out the insults first.

What did Lear and /merit/ say when you brought this up to them?

The difference here being is that even if your bullshit magic numbers were actually accurate and substantiated, 60% of the cup would miss cup games because they literally have to be somewhere else. They have to miss them because 40% of the cup just doesn't want to be grumpy in the morning.

AND, that assumes that the rest of that 40% has the exact same sleep patterns, work schedule, and needs as this one guy. I applaud his ability to get (You)s, but at this point even he should be able to see that he's trying to get blood out of a stone.

There is absolutely no point in making the proposal without gathering votes for the strawpoll to prove support for this first.

Have you read my posts? I'm favoring quality over quantity. More people would get to see the last few games which they have greater interest in seeing.

What did Lear and /merit/ say when you brought this up to them?

He couldn't have brought it up to them because he's banned for being an underage Bulgarian.

There is absolutely no point in making the proposal without gathering votes for the strawpoll to prove support for this first.

I will not bring it to them until the poll gets 500 votes minimum to determine the will of the viewership.

Well yeah, that's the "bullshit magic numbers" part.

>More people would get to see the last few games which they have greater interest in seeing.
But you still can. Just like, don't go to bed, you know? That's a thing you can do! And it's way easier than having to excuse yourself from school or take a day off from work like you want 60% of the cup viewers to do!

>until the poll gets 500 votes
Not even bothering to click on the post number, lmao you're divorced from reality.

This is such a dumb post that I'm just going to assume you're false flagging as the other guy.

So you're not going to because there's no way you're going to get 500 votes on a fucking Veeky Forums thread

>But you still can. Just like, don't go to bed, you know? That's a thing you can do! And it's way easier than having to excuse yourself from school or take a day off from work like you want 60% of the cup viewers to do!

We're getting somewhere. Those 60% would lose less important games.

Losing sleep is more inconvenient than missing games.

>magic numbers

Consult with pic related or 40% are affected if we DON'T include brits. 50% are if we do.

Losing sleep is more inconvenient for YOU. That's what this has all been about - you're upset that things aren't going the way you want, and you expect everyone else to accommodate you.

Other cup decisions have been made with google surveys posted in this general and largely it alone. There is a precedent.

This poll has to snowball. Once it crosses a threshold of certain posts, maybe the mods would be open to stickying it above the cup chat IF the organizers believe this could be practicable. I realize these are high hopes and might not be realized, but it's better than not trying at all

>you're upset that things aren't going the way you want

Literally your argument so far. and you expect everyone else to accommodate you.

You also ignore the fact that MORE PEOPLE will get to watch ALL of the MORE IMPORTANT games, instead of you which has to lose a few unimportant starting matches. I've been repeating this for a while.

I am more justified in supporting this than you in opposing it

>less important games
user when /myteam/ goes out in RO16 all the following games are significantly less important to me.
You need to understand that not everyone has the same priorities. You want to make 60% of the cup UNABLE to watch the cup, while you can watch the cup, but choose not to.

I'm bored, someone else can take over the (You) harvest with the redditor.

That's the point though. You haven't tried. Throwing a temper tantrum in /4ccg/, knowing the way 90% of people treat this thread, is actually WORSE than not trying at all. The correct thing would have been a short Google Docs poll or something looking at people's time zones and how many matches they're able to watch in an average cup. The Correcter thing would have been to ask European managers and /merit/ about any feedback they've gotten re: timing. The Least Correctest thing would have been to call everyone that disagreed with you faggots and thrown an anonymous tantrum in /4ccg/.

>unimportant starting matches
>in the KOs
Pick one.

No they haven't, those google surveys have been posted in the stream chat while the cup was running specifically to avoid only getting /4ccg/'s opinion alone. Also they were actually made by people in /merit/ concerning things /merit/ was discussing.

The way you say things is making me realize you're probably legitimately autistic so I'm going to flat out say either go talk to /merit/ yourself now or drop it entirely.

>M-muh team

All you would lose under these conditions is half of the first day. That !at most! is 2 matches involving your team assuming they advance, which you can rewatch later. YOu're not going to miss their most important matches if they qualify further.

I have no idea how the behind-the-scenes works in this event. I don't know how to contact /merit/ and I'm barely familiar with most of the managers. I'm not even sure what /merit/ is beyond a chatroom of decisionmakers for the cup. My closest exposure to them was the "tony is a cuck" meme.

I assumed that /4ccg/ would have been the most active community hotspot during the season, which could have attracted a following for this idea. If I alone come up to the organizers and suggest this, they are almost surely going to reject the idea. If I persuaded more people to it, they might be more open to persuasion.

I don't recall dishing out any swears first in these arguments. I don't really have any idea how to influence the cup as a non-eceleb

Where are my drunks?

So just to summarize
- You don't actually know anyone that makes decisions here
- You don't actually know who agrees with you
- You made a poll full of personal attacks and insults to people that don't agree with you, thinking people would take the results of that poll seriously
- You're trying to glom onto /4ccg/'s hate of 'e-celebs' to prove your point, not realizing that /4ccg/ is just an outlet for those same 'e-celebs' to piss at each other anonymously.

Go ask mommy to let you stay up on Sunday and leave the adults to make adult decisions.

Why does this fucking guy keep accentuating things between !exclamation points!

What nationality does this, what shitposter brand are we dealing with here

You are not presenting your case well.

Also your poll glitched out when I tried to submit an answer.

Kekistani

>- You don't actually know anyone that makes decisions here

Nope

> - You don't actually know who agrees with you

Nope

>- You made a poll full of personal attacks and insults to people that don't agree with you, thinking people would take the results of that poll seriously

It's been done before on the selfsame website. I don't see the problem.

>- You're trying to glom onto /4ccg/'s hate of 'e-celebs' to prove your point, not realizing that /4ccg/ is just an outlet for those same 'e-celebs' to piss at each other anonymously.

I haven't? I was just saying that as a common viewer of the cup I am not able to leverage the change to Fri-Sat without the fanbase's suppot

>Go ask mommy to let you stay up on Sunday and leave the adults to make adult decisions.

>le internet though guy

I thought using asterisks would have been to fucking autistic/reddity and would have discredited me further

Its not really a nationality thing.

Using accentuation at all makes you fucking autistic/reddity and discredits you further

>posting in monotone

I laughed.
Thank you user.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposters.

I actually strongly dislike /pol/, I'm a progressive centre-leftist by local standards
I'm not shitposting? Just candidly clueless.

Ok, we're getting somewhere. Even if that somewhere is just "I don't know what I'm talking about". How you thought "Other people shitpost anonymously about things they want changed, I'll do it too!" was an effective tactic is a real "nownew.ru" thing. It's never worked. Comfy exists. Horsefuckers exist. New shitty teams nobody cares about like /bant/ and /aco/ will exist. It doesn't work. Go talk to anyone with a name if you want to be taken seriously. You can boo hoo muhnonymous internet culture if you'd like, but for better or worse that's real life here.

w&b

I thought that the same general that voted against the emoji logo would have supported a decision as resonable as making finals more accesible?

You have disappointed me /4ccg/

>>>/reddit/

Weak bait 006, go back and try again.

very white and very based

Who is 006?

Alec Trevelyan

The dude that preceded James Bond.