New Car

I'm 16, i just got my first car a few months back. It is a 2010 Chevy Impala LT(200 HP around 200 Torque)

Looking for more power out of it although looking through forums discover that most mods have marginal gains and there's not much I can do.

So I decided that I will look for a new car that more performance oriented.

Decided on a 2009 chevy impala SS (300HP, and around 320 torque) Is this a good upgrade that I would be more happy with?

I want to see other options before i commit to get a new car and then see something better so please give me some suggestions.

Around 5-8k price range. Still 16 so any purchase has to be given the OK from my parents and my dad doesn't want me to get a foreign car. Any comments/ suggestions will be appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Looking for more power out of it

stopped right there. your 16 (and shouldnt be here but...) you SHOULD NOT have more power. you should, in fact, have less than 200hp till your old enough to understand the responsibilities you have on public roads and have gained an understanding of how to actually drive.

Underage b&

Theoretical Situation, of course, asking for a friend. But regardless of their age or what they should and shouldn't have what is your opinion?

i recommend a 3k civic or a 3k corolla so when you crash it you wont do too much damage to yourself or those around you

>but I wont crash

your attitude from the OP tells me that your going into a guardrail sooner or later

Thank you for the suggestion although like I said in the OP cant do foreign cars. What part of what I said makes it seem like I'm going into a guardrail

>What part of what I said makes it seem like I'm going into a guardrail

your 16 and seeking more power before you have any idea of how to control the power you have through all the road conditions or physical conditions you will experience.

>cant do foreign cars

your dad is a cuck if he dosn't like foreign cars that have consistently proven they are more reliable than American shit but if you must, get a Ford Fiesta or a chevy sonic

>get a Ford Fiesta or a chevy sonic
neither of which are American

> my dad doesn't want me to get a foreign car

you're dad is a stupid cuck. American cars are garbage yet he drank the Kool Aid. "Foreign cars" ex, like the Honda Civic for the most part are more American than cars from American manufacturers.

but americans who "only buy murrican" think they still are.

I've had it though majority of the seasons so far so I have encountered the weather conditions that come with, that being said I don't plan to drive like a cunt and floor it around every corner and hit turns going 85 although that doesn't mean I still wont crash but my goal is to have it and use the power when it is best to not whenever I feel like it.

Not the point he doesn't really give much of a shit if it's more reliable or not because regardless there's always a chance for something to still happen to it or for it to break down. it's in the 5k range so if it breaks down then I put the money in to fix it or get a new one, not that big a deal.

Why those cars? just wondering

>dad doesnt want me getting a foreign car
If its your money and you are paying insurance, which it probably isnt and you arent. He can suck a fat one.

If you do want a cool "american" car, you can try for a dodge stealth. I would say Chrysler Conquest, but I bet thats not going to be 'fast enuff' for you or new enough for your father.

Fair enough, still not my care what he does or doesn't like or how right or wrong he is it's not like I'm doing anything about it. Which is why I established it in the first place because that's just how it is. Doesn't matter if its stupid or not that's just the way it go.

MODSSSS

>Why those cars?

they are
>small
>light
>low powered
>high utility
>new enough to have safety features
>american (cause retards care)

all of which increases your survivability and the survivability of others around you when you crash.

>I still wont crash but my goal is to have it and use the power when it is best to not whenever I feel like it.

your 16, this is NOT how this is going to go. I was there once, trust me. If you have the power, you will use it and hurt/kill yourself and maybe others.

Say I do hurt and or kill myself whats it to you? Sure it will be bad for me and people who care about me although not sure how it will affect you. Even if you make the point that you're just trying to do it to try to put some sense into the situation odds are that kid thinks he knows it all and disregards your opinion because he feels like it doesn't matter and not what he is looking for in the first place and sure it might be logical although that doesn't mean its the best possible answer.

You have to understand nobody gives a fuck about you, we care about the other people on the road you'll hit/kill.

that answer right there tells me that you don't have the ability to understand what it is your doing and need to grow up.

you also need to learn the benefit of adding periods and commas to your sentences.

I do understand that although applying that logic why would you give a fuck about anybody that I hit or kill either yet again not your problem. I used your first example of getting into a crash and injuring myself I did not address the fact of hitting other people. Now that you say that you care about the other people what is your reasoning for that? What logic enables you to care about them although not about me?

What about what I said tells you that? I am asking the question of why does it matter to him, yes obviously if I go and die then it's going to be a big deal but to him or anybody else on this website it will not be. I have been using periods and commas in my sentences, that last post was one of the only exceptions

Not him but wow you're a fucking idiot.

Why do you need a new car? You're looking for power but claim you're not going to use it? Are you buying this with your own money?

>you crash

your death goes into the statistics of teens that have killed themselves or written off their cars because of an accident. insurance companies use this info to calculate premiums for OTHER young people negatively impacting them.

>you kill someone else

are you kidding? do I really have to explain why I care about this? You are clearly a fucking sociopath.

Yeah my own money, and I established that I would use it when it is safe to do so. IE not flooring it going down an iced-over dirt road and then trying to drift around a corner

Because "them" could be me, could be my family, could be anyone on this board. You're only showing your immaturity and further proving why you do not need a more powerful car.

This kid is quite literally being a teen stereotype. The immaturity in all of his responses is incredible.

>I established that I would use it when it is safe to do so. IE not flooring it going down an iced-over dirt road and then trying to drift around a corner

There is no time that unleashing the full power of a ~300hp car on a public road is "safe" unless your using it to make torque to tow. People with actual experience driving understand this inherent lack of safety and, because of that, can respect it enough to use it properly.

the fact that you think its ever "safe" is telling

You have to be 18 to post here user.

First off one crash will not cause any fluctuations in the rates. If your goal is really to keep crashes to a minimum then I think there is more than you could do about it then tell one person that they are making a stupid choice that they probably shouldn't make by your assumption. Yeah, I would like you to explain it. Yes obviously someone dying is a big deal and has a big outreach and impact to everyone around them although people die every day all the time from many different things. Does that make it more ok? No it doesn't but you seem to be encased in a bubble that things like this don't happen to people like people don't die every day, there are many other things that could cause you or anybody else to die before me and my car do. So imposing a drastic suggesting that I should not be allowed to get a more powerful car because of these reasons and i should be stuck in something with very little power, do nothing but just create an argument. If you had a problem with my ask, you could have been more constructive about by suggesting i gain more experience or drive for longer before I upgrade my car.

I agree with you that this does appear to be more stereotypical although by stating the age(which is a mistake) it allows everyone to have preconceived judgments and thoughts on things that are immediately brought to the table. If my arguments seem absurd its because they are, but just so are the headstrong people who use preconceived notions to back their comments.

>So imposing a drastic suggesting that I should not be allowed to get a more powerful car because of these reasons and i should be stuck in something with very little power

I never said this

> If you had a problem with my ask, you could have been more constructive about by suggesting i gain more experience or drive for longer before I upgrade my car.

I said EXACTLY this in my FIRST post. >Yeah, I would like you to explain it. Yes obviously someone dying is a big deal and has a big outreach and impact to everyone around them although people die every day all the time from many different things. Does that make it more ok? No it doesn't but you seem to be encased in a bubble that things like this don't happen to people like people don't die every day, there are many other things that could cause you or anybody else to die before me and my car do

in light of this, however, I think you should just take the bus and get help for your sociopathy

No, we would have guessed your age without you having said it.

I'm 17.

I drive a motorcycle to work and everywhere else. They're cheap and fast. Don't waste money on a car ever.

I still don't see what is wrong with your current car. 200 hp is a lot actually for a 16 year old and considering it's your first car, probably an automatic, and you're only driving to school on a daily basis, I don't see a reason to get a new one already. My current vehicle has 148 hp and it's plenty fun to drive, it's plenty to get around and enough to accelerate to highway speeds. Not to mention gas consumption. I mean, have some common sense here.

>they are
>>small
>>light
>>low powered
>>high utility
>>new enough to have safety features
>>american (cause retards care)

"Low Powered" and fair enough although then you went on to continue that to the slippery slope of killing myself or someone else

you are so stupid. 200 hp is literally nothing

can you imagine being such a dumb little shitstain that you actually want to spend money on another 2009 chevrolet impala after having owned a 2009 chevrolet impala (which in itself is fucking disgusting)

seriously kid, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Yeah, you are right, thank you for your constructive response and not being a headstrong cuck.

Listen boss, As i said in the OP I was looking for suggestions as to what else I could get before the thread turned to cancer car killing spree. So maybe make a suggestion you fuck considering the fact that it is the point of the thread.

>then you went on to continue that to the slippery slope of killing myself or someone else

its called having life experience. see enough idiot teenagers chase some retarded GTA or Need for Speed fantasy on public roads killing themselves or others and you begin to see a trend. Why do you think age is a factor in premiums for insurance? Idiots like you kill/hurt people or yourselves retardedly often.

I think we could've guessed it regardless of what you said. But even then, the arguments you're making sound like you don't care about others and would rather make a selfish choice and put others at risk. 200 HP is not low power, especially for a 16 year old with little road experience. Not to mention the unnecessary spending of money on a new car, gas, higher insurance cost. Just be a bit reasonable and don't jump the gun.

>cancer
>headstrong cuck

this describes one of us and its not me....

might not be

the transmission will die before he hurt anything

here's a suggestion, why don't you stop being a worthless faggot and do your own research?

enjoy the ban

Goodbye

Get a car with more or less hp but lighter and smaller and something were the margin for error is bigger so you'll actually learn from 'oh shit' moments. Daddy'o needs to set his pride aside for my recommendation.

>goodbuh

Now for what are you going to ban me for, as I said I am posting for a friend and it is just easier to type from his perspective than to say him and his in every instance. I was asking you autistic shit as to receive suggestions that I could research. I still don't know why you decide to respond as there is no point. My suggestion: Play the 16-year-old who crashes into the barrier.

oh boy... impala owner here. lets have a little talk shall we?

you dont want this piece of shit. I own an 08 SS and a 12 LT. they are both junk. the quality is terrible. Little things constantly need fixing, the transmission (6spd auto in the 12) is a slow piece of junk that never knows what gear it wasnt to be in (and considering it takes a full second to shift, there are times where you lose all power for a second and a half while it makes up its fucking mind).

the 5.3 v8 in the SS is a fucking joke. the 3.6 in the 12-13 makes just as much power, its lighter, cheaper and easier to work on. but even though the 3.6 and v8 has 300 horses, they are all fucking turds because of how heavy they are (almost 2 tons) and how anti-aerodynamic they are. not to mention they are plain as fuck. the most boring 4 door sedan on the market. i would rather have a toyota or honda, at least they have a little bit of style. not the impala. its fucking dreary to look at.

couple things to note: have fun changing the actuators in the dash. there are 4 of them and THEY WILL break. so far, every 10k miles i have had to replace one. have fun with the gague cluster/steering wheel/seat. they dont "line up". they are in a straight line, but that straight line is not parallel to the car. it is seriously fucking annoying. and then theres the pedals. they are way too far to the left. you smash your fucking balls every second you are driving the piece of shit unless you stick your left left out the god damn window.

cup holders in the back are useless. they are only about an inch deep and dont hold a fucking thing. all buttons and switches feel cheap as fuck like you are going to break them. the god damn rear defroster only defrosts a tiny fucking slit of the rear window, no clue what mongoloid designed that. the a-pillars are bigger than a fucking elephants leg.

the list goes on and on. you dont want that piece of shit.

> selling a perfectly good car after a few months because 200hp isn't enough

Enjoy pouring your money down the drain.

My money he might just have to deal with it. What you got for suggestions?

Veeky Forums.org/rules#global

also, your dad is a fucking retard if he doesnt want you buying anything but murrican.

typical older generation idiot that needs to wake the fuck up and get with the times.

tell him i said that and then go pick out a toyota or some shit.

lol u mad? try

you identified yourself as an underage user in violation of the rules. Then you continued to prove that you are, in fact, 16 through your shit attitude. Conclusion?

>your 16 and think your clever

Yikes

Yes I did and I went back to correct myself after I understood the fuck up

He's doing the "asking for a friend" thing now

this is where the
>you think your clever
part comes in

cool selfie
irony is a cruel mistress

>I'm 16
how do you break the golden rule that fast
I started browsing this place when I was 14 about 7 years ago and I was smart enough to never say I was an underageb&

if Veeky Forums had a fur board, would you go there and never come back?

Not sure if id make it the grave after I hit a wall seems closer.

nah i would post on both 2.bh with u dude
what did he mean by this????????????????????
There are so many geezers on this board holy shit

>nah i would post on both 2.bh with u dude

god damn shit posting furfags

> There are so many geezers on this board holy shit

theres a few of us still around. but this place is being overrun by 16 year old faggots like you who want to buy piece of shit impala SSs.

im not op???????? and im not 16?????

im 17

>just now legally able to drink
>geezer
I knew faggots were retarded but wew

This is the shittiest bait I’ve seen in a while.

only a 17 year old would see a difference....

Eh2 civic I know, it's a civic. But with some wider wheels and more aggressive tires these cars are so much fun in the corners. Owned a boosted one for a few years and was blast.

Na or nb miata. Yup you'll look gay. But your Gonna be having way more fun then everyone else on the road.

Prelude (if you can find one), it's almost like Honda wanted to make a mini gt car with this one. It handles extremely well. Very good engine. Comfy on the freeway. I drive one now.

Mazdaspeed 3, torque steering for days but a decent rear engine mount will help. "But dad it's basically a ford" argument. Fun turbo engine, handles pretty well.

Bmw e30, they are held in such high regard for a reason, they are just good cars. You will be buying a project car. This one depends on how much you really want to be involved with your car. I have one in Alpine white and I'll never sell it.

Vr6 gti, they sound so good. Again stay on top of maintenance for any older vw (or German car really). Practical like the speed 3 and civic, still buckets of fun.

Colbalt ss, just take off that stupid spoiler. Fun supercharged 4 cylinder. And it's American for your pops

Just my suggestions. Happy hunting.

The SS Models have Glass transmissions.

Well known problem with the 4 speed. It can’t handle the V8 power. I promise, it’ll break and you’ll be pissed AF. Literally the same shit behind the V6 models of the same year. Ridiculous.

I was going to get an 09 SS once upon a time but I ended up with a 2013 V6 LTZ.

That said, the 2012+ models have 300 HP engines standard.

Rental companies were dropping them damn cheap in 2015. Like 10k for a mid line model.

I actually had mine tuned by a company, the trans was tuned and my god, it was a night a day difference. SO MUCH BETTER.

stock it did like a 6.9 second 0-60 according to my ultra gauge. Not bad but it’s no SS, the V8 SS absolutely makes more torque and sooner. They claim it’s good for a 5.6 second 0-60. I’ve no doubt its faster than th V6 until a certain point.

Either way, the 2012 ++car may have 300 horse but stock? It’s bad, like real bad, doesn’t feel like 300 hp at all.

Even after the ECU and TCU tune, I considered the car only acceptable. I also had a ported throttle body.

I had a V6 2013 mustang before it and it was 100 times better. No lie.

Basically, all impalas suck and are bland family haulers, yes some are quick but they just fuckin suck.
It’s like GM said , how can we make a 300 hp car feel like a mundane mediocre piece of shit.

Enjoy the ban my guy, hey maybe you'll be of age when you return!

>onwee a seventween year old woud see a difwence
>maybwee ull bee my age