/tools/

What was the last auto repair you made, user?

I just washed my car.

Is that a repair?

centre brake light change - thing about avants is that you need to tear the whole trunk insides out

>tiny repair
>massive job

dafuq

I take it you haven't worked on cars for long then?

WHY CANT IT BE EASIER

Cooling system overhaul and superflush, oil and filters, plugs, pads and rotors, suspension/chassis lube, detailed exterior/interior/engine bay.
Can't wait for spring to rebuild the front end suspension.

Changed my brake pads and put on new oem wheels

In the past week:
Changed my brake rotors and pads
Installed new rear struts
Installed short shifter
Checked headbolt torques

I also have an EJ205 in pieces I'm building.

New piston, rings, cam chain, tensioner, and valve seals in my bike

control arm bushings and a wheel bearing on my waifus da9 integra

I change the spark plugs on a 02 Passat.
Very easy to do but I was greeted with the the horror of oil covering all of them, with last one being covered the most. Once I find my keys or get new ones I plan to change the gasket because she also eats oil or I can't find where it's leaking other then the gasket.

Changed a soft too, cleaned a throttle body, changed a heater core

Made a new mount for the end muffler. Still need to put some metal against the giant hole, until then it sounds like I got a big fart can.

Front lower control arms on a pontiac g6
>i really need a lift with this car

couple weeks ago, soldered side blinker cable because previous owner of my miata ripped it off for some reason. also, after years of using random tools i finally bought proper set of tools and got so excited that i removed the softtop (i'm using hardtop), just to have any reason to use them

one day i'm gonna be cool car guy who fixes important stuff on his own. i sent my car to mechanic so he could fix rear brakes just because i'm too scared of losing braking after fucked up "repair"

Discs, pads, and a rear caliper change

Starter replacement.

did front brakes in sept. shit uneven wear 3yrs in on drivers side. had issue after shop fixed my AC, IAC valve was bad causing engine to race i had to ride brakes at speed and hold them to stop 5k to idle and usually stall. cleaned valve worked for a week, tried different valve from pepboys, advance, autozone all would work temporarily, after 2month of driving like that found correct valve at napa

I don't fix my cars, I usually find used BMW's drive them until they break down, then park them in my property, then find a new one to buy, I just like driving old BMWs but I dont like fixing them.

Built and installed coilover suspension for my vintage sports car.

Replaced the plastic gear in my driver side headlight assembly motor. Was making an awful noise whenever I lowered my headlights because the plastic gear had worn down to little nubs so it was slipping.

PO mangled the radio wiring harness to remove his amp
so i lineman's spliced it back together saturday
took about an hour

Swapped out a door lock actuator in my 2013 Tacoma.

Rear shocks because shit was pooched too many jumps

Replaced starter motor

Did brakes yesterday afternoon since it felt good out

Installed a CB radio in my midsize hatchback.

Replaced a 4ft section of heater hose running from the back of the block to the underside of the transmission on a 06 Kenworth with a Cummins ISX in a truckstop parking lot.

A simple repair made difficult because there was no fucking room to move or work, if the frame rail wasn't in the way the exhaust was, if the exhaust wasn't in the way the engine block was, if the block wasn't they installed a large sharp edged metal bracket right where your hands and or eyes need to be.

diagnosed & fixed starter issues on car
wired a $10 ebay taillight on bike

Radiator, expansion tank and a new battery for my rx8.

Swapped the right rear strut on my ‘96 Outback. Doing leftside later this week.

Changed the oil on my R6, that was 6 months ago.

Currently replacing a power steering high pressure line in a 2004 MDX
>Pure bullshit

Apart from oil, replaced throttle body on 2002 BA falcon. 5 screws I think and one sensor, easiest repair yet and runs great now