First car

What do I get as a first car?

My budget is 3 to 5k EUR

I want~

Not to be heavy, the lighter the better (reduces monthly tax)
It to be economical (diesel 1/25, petrol minimally 1/20, lpg minimally 1/15)
It to be comfortable for its class (lowest noise, good air filters)
It to be relatively safe, for its class
Something that doesn't leave a bad expression for the new driver (example, finding out you have to put another 2k in it just to make it driveable)

I'm thinking 2010 VW Polo bluemotion?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Restomodded swift

Citroën are top comfy and cheap to buy

fuck VAG, everything is plastics and rattles

you can find fiat pandas with 50k km from 2011 for 4.5k

t. baguette

I company lease a bluemotion polo from 2014.
I hit 4.5l/100km on average. With calmer driving 4l/100km is easily possible. Possibly even lower.

It's slow as fuck though.

Twingo for 1k

New cars are expensive in tax due their weight.
Since you want good mpgs, get a honda civic coupe 1.5 vtec-e from 1991 up to 1998. When getting a 1998, look up the curb weight in the RDW app and check if it's below 1050kg.
They should go in properly working and decent looking condition for €1k.
Throw max €500 in parts at it (except tires, battery, and fluids).
If it breaks just buy another 1k civic.
Don't go for the hatch, they are more expensive in insurance even with the 1.4 non-vtec engine.
t. Dutchie

Kia picanto, volkswagen up, maybe fiat panda/500 if that's your thing, btw if a car weighs less than 950 kg you can convert it to lpg g3 without paying more roadtax

Suzuki swifts are lighter than most cars if you really wanted something less pigfat.

sounds like you don't really need it and won't be putting much km's on it.
You could consider dropping the economical perk in favor of lower tax/insurance.
also: don't be one of the million dutchies that buys a grey/dark vw as a first car.
You are probably young. buy something people love to see. >popup headlights. -> volvo 480

>what is insurance

Don't buy a fucking diesel.

>willingly choosing a fwd cuckbox for 5k
i feel sorry for western yuros

If you get the 1.3 Petrol, be sure to get the transmission checked if its got over 50k kms on it.
They tend to wear out pretty fast and are a bitch and a half to replace.

>Buy Swift 1 1/2 years ago
>80k kms on the clock
>Start it the first time after testdriving, buying and registeringit
>Horrid crunching sound coming from the gearbox
> Normally a 3000€ job at an official licensed garage
>Payed 1400€ for the local mechanic to replace only the broken stuff rather than putting a new gearbox in.

>Still only cost mit 5000€ in total.

at least we know how to drive a manual :^)

And the rest of the EU doesn't?

there's more to the EU than western europe?

northern europe
we can afford driving fun rwd cars
and we can modify our cars

south-eastern europe
fuck off or we'll stab you

Holy shit I'm glad I wasn't born a eurocuck.

My first car was a shitbox 5.0 mustang at 16

western eurocuck*
its fine in eastern and northern eu i we drive v8's and cool shit

OP here, done a lot of research, I calculated I don't need a diesel at all.

Yes I am Dutch
I've considered it

I didn't know that, that sounds interesting

Well fuel here is more expensive, the population density is much higher, so obviously it's a good thing there aren't V8s everywhere.

Yes, you can drive from 16 onwards, but only because it takes barely any skill to drive an automatic on american roads. Your cities are build around cars, your roads are wide, and straight. Take it like this, if you are a good driver in Europe, you're a good driver anywhere. If you're a good driver in America, you'll probably still be inept to drive here in Europe.

Alright, OP here, I am definitely gonna search for a sub 1000kg car with a proper LPG installation and not too many kms. It's ridiculously cheap compared to petrol or diesel.

hurr durr murrica doesnt have windy b roads because all of murrica is LA and new york

ur retard dont have kids

you took the bait and you showed your butthurt
he is now allowed to fuck you in the ass

OP here

I am gonna settle for a 2012 Chevy Spark Bifuel

Are you gonna go to track days with it?

Don't buy the 6R BlueMotion.

Best second hand car at the moment - The Kia Cee'd 1.6 petrol with the manual box. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, notoriously reliable. Not the fastest, but one of the sturdiest cars around.

Also, as a first car I would just buy a Mk4 Golf with either the 1.6 petrol or 1.9 TDI.
Since its your first car you will scrape and hit walls, curbs and whatever a begginer hits. Might aswell buy a cheap car that you couldn't care less about.
An former coworker bought a 2001 Mk4 Golf 1.6 petrol, with 220k km, for 1900 euros and with an extra 300 euros he got it going on the road. And what did he buy first, as a 22 year old first time car owner? A banging stereo for his tunes, obviously.

almost, we're basically neighbors.

>implying
French people hate French cars.

>post-war shitroen
>PSA ever
>anything but turdboxes
Threadly reminder by buying PSA you're sponsoring state-mandated cuckery and gibsmedat welfare
express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
Daily reminder paternity tests cannot be ordered by the father in france, the state thinks peace in the family is more important than the father's wish to know if the kid he's raising is his. Order it from a foreign country and it's jailtime for you

OP, get a diesel polo with the typical diesel engine mods. The polo has a huge aftermarket, is pretty gud and reliable imho

seat ibiza, same quality as the polo, but usually cheaper, better spec, and lower miles for the price, and not as frumpy looking as a skoda fabia.

or you can look at VW UP!/Skoda Citigo/Seat Mii, which is best in the class and cheap to run and handles well.

Ford Focus
Ford Mondeo
Opel Vectra
Honda Civic
Honda Accord
Mercedes CLK

>we can afford driving fun rwd cars
Volvo 940s sell for 1k here, mercs and bimmers for 2-3k.
Op is the retard for shilling out 5k for a ecocuckbox while our tax ignores emissions and engine size.
>and we can modify our cars
If I remember correctly it was Finland where you can only increase power under a set percentage.
Here they don't care if you triple a cars power output. And any modification that doesn't dangerously stick out is legal.

>Threadly reminder by buying PSA you're sponsoring state-mandated cuckery and gibsmedat welfare
I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about what happens in france, so w/e
all I can say is that Citroens are top tier roadtrip cars because they are comfy as fuck and spacious

>Here they don't care if you triple a cars power output.
Officially you gotta notify the authorities and pass an inspection if you do, but as long as you don't do a total hackjob of it then pretty much anything is fair game.

What are some nice looking cars that are around 6k, looking for low mileage, newer year reg as well.

Lancia Thesis

Not my style I'm afraid, looking for something relatively newer but with a sporty look, I like the Volkswagen Scirocco but the backend of the car looks incredibly weird which is my only gripe

suzuki swift, seat ibiza.

>Ford Focus
Mk 2.5 aka facelift, 09 year here
Superior handling, solid choice of engines, though petrols are the most reliable and if concerned about fuel economy 1.6 Ti-VCT 85kW petrol is the best choice. Anything less is underpowered if you want some fun on countryside roads. 1.8 and above is just draining your pocket to a fuel tank. Practicality is also nice, trunk is spacy for its class. Higher trims get can you more sporty look like f. e. Black Magic edition, though it's harder to find - I got mine imported from Germanistan.

What's so weird about it?

Maybe OP used his parents's car to drive the first miles and is now experienced enough to not hit stuff, at least that's what I did

It's not a coupe or shooting brake, just a more expensive and less practical golf hatchback

It's lighter, lower and wider. Get a Golf if you aren't into that.

It's also a bit longer.