/thal/ Grimoire General - EYELMAO EDITION

Grimoire General
How goes your adventure?

Codex RTF files on race, class & attributes:
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-release-thread-massive-incline.117563/page-53#post-5238781

RTF on which attributes each class can get access to:
mediafire.com/file/119kzke6kpzgj0p/classes.rtf

RTF on what rolls are needed for class creation:
mediafire.com/file/v96h0l5e1zxptbz/rolls.rtf

Spell book access:
WIZARD spell list is accessible to BARDs starting with level 3.

CLERIC spell list is accessible to TEMPLARS and BARDS starting with level 3. Yes, starting with level 3 your bard can replace both your cleric and wizard, lagging 2 levels behind, give or take 1 for occasional exception spell. When she's not spamming a lyre.

THAUMATURGE spell list is accessible to RANGERS starting with level 4 and THIEVES starting with level 6. No bards this time, thank god.

SAGE spell list is accessible to METALSMITHS starting with level 6. Kinda too late to be useful.

NECROMANCER spell list is mostly unique

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102237744
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103135053
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-gameplay-and-hints-thread.117575/
steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615862658505/
steamdb.info/depot/650672/manifests/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Now how to burn those beehives...

Roll tables.

Note: Magic (Manna) Regeneration is primarily determined by race.
For Magic regen:
>Neanderthal tier:
Wolfin
>Very Fast tier:
Fey, Aeorsb, Duerendil
>Garbage tier:
Drow, Humans

Add Vamphyre to the Very Fast Magic Regen tier

Post new version

Taht table has mistakes. You do create necromancers from vamps right off the bat. I think 27 or 28 does it. Got one.

So you're not 3 points short, or am I supposed to read this chart in another way?

Cooper Blakemore's Guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102237744

Grimoire Reference & Guide [No Spoilers]
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103135053

RPGCodex Grimoire gameplay and hints thread (bit loose with spoilers):
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/grimoire-gameplay-and-hints-thread.117575/

True, the table overstates those rolls. I've created Fey and Vamphyre Necromancers.

Guys, my armor class is overflowing...

If your save games are bugged, back up the save game and library files outside the grimoire folder. Then follow the steps ITT to download an old version from Steam:
steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615862658505/

Games started in 0.7 will only be playable in the 0.7 version of Grimoire. All other saves should be playable in the next patched edition, including saves that couldn't be played in 0.7.

To get an old version of Grimoire to play your savefile::

Get the manifest ID from here:
steamdb.info/depot/650672/manifests/
I think 0.7 is 1668668171438669920

Start the Steam console by typing this in the browser: steam://nav/console

Then in the Steam console type in:
download_depot 650670 650672 1668668171438669920

Last number is the manifest ID, change as needed for the version you want.

The game will then be installed into a subfolder here:
(steaminstall)steamapps\content\app_650670\

Copy in your backed up saves and library file.

BACKUP YOUR LIBRARY AND SAVE FILES OUTSIDE OF THE GRIMOIRE FOLDER

How do i set range weapons to base attacks?

îm still playing on 1.2.0.1, can i update and still be able to use my saves?

Looks like a cursed item.
Report it to Cleve as a bug/glitch

Back up your saves and library first

can someone upload the 0.7 version please?

Why 07 when 09 is out?

This is outdated. We need a new one.

Post 09 then

>Equip all 5 pieces of Pirate Gear found in Waterport
>Everyone assumes you are a pirate and smugglers let you walk freely but anyone else attacks you

Like poetry.

07 has virus

oh i thought 07 is the most recent one, someone upload most recent please

No it hasn't.

Whats max level? Also, should I start with a metalsmith or a warrior that I change class on later? And what race to pick?

Some user who was level 17 in the previous thread mentioned that it took millions of Exp to level after that while getting to level 10 only took around 100k

I want to get into blobbers, only ever tried the two Grimrock games (2 was 9/10, at least). I'm torn between World of Xeen, M&M 6, Wizardry 8, Lands of Lore and Eye of the Beholder. Which ones do I start out with?

Wizardry 6 snes version is the only one playable

nice bait, my /r/PCMR friend!

out of those games I'd play LoL first, it's short and pretty similar to LoG
after that I'd go for M&M 6, or Xeen if you want more old-school dungeon crawling

Fuck, I tried to play Grimrock2 but cant get past the min maxing. There's always the what if that other build would be better. Once I played a game trough once I have no problem doing stupid builds or just go with something fun but until then I cant do shit.
If someone could provide a good team with builds that will get me trough the game easily I would be extremely happy

someone post 0.9. please

There's a reason I didn't mention it in my post.

Thanks

I never min maxed and had no trouble with the game. I don't remember what the classes/races are called, but I used a human knight(?), a minotaur berserker, a rat alchemist and an insect mage.

Now please respond

Anyone got new version?

qicksaved one second before a crash
now im stuck in a crash loop and cant play anymore
just fucking great

We're on 1.2.12, probably the best version for a while. How are you pirates so lazy that you can't even look up the latest version? You don't deserve anything free.

it released 30minutes ago, chill

Why would i use a bard when sage can use instruments too?

any character can invoke instruments

>having only one save

What is the pictographic combination for the Owl Chest in the Saltwyrm Caves?

It's another one of those Phoenix Cage Ancient History things.

FIX MY SAVE CLEVE ITS BEEN 20 YEARS

Come on, post the latest version user!

>people are getting new game breaking bugs every god damned release
what a great fucking game! the Codex sure knows which games to hype! massive incline, amiright? xD

Any luck uploading the latest Version 1.2.0.12? Thank You!

>enemies are massively overpowered in the first god damn area of the game

10/10

heres a tip
many early game mobs share the same exact model if youd cast identify them you can see the actual names
theres like 2 diff mobs that both WORM one is easy the other is pretty hard

please can someone upload 1.2.0.12 pretty please

I just started my game through steam and still have 1.2.0.9. Is there a possibility to force steam to do an update?

Nevermind, uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick.

wud that fuck my saves/library

>Templar NPC has 98 natural armor

Honestly, armor just seems preeetty buggy

What do you need to get the sword from the samhain mausoleum? I am at the stained glass window with the injured knight depicted on it or whatever, I already translated the book and answered the riddle at the stone heads but I still cannot get through.

get yo ass baptized, son

My library is safe but my 1.2.0.7 Saves are down the shitter. Earlier saves work again. So if you're planning to use save prior to 1.2.0.7 it will work.

You can get baptized? In what area?

upload it for the love of god

protip for those who bought
go to steam console and paste
download_depot 650670 650672 1668668171438669920

just throw your saves / library in the folder and put it on your steamlist / make a shortcut w/e
I liked this version the best, I haven't noticed anything rlly gamebreaking and I'm in samhain.

just wait to go with the actual updated version till he figures his shit out

iirc there's a single water tile somewhere on that level which you just have to walk through

honestly not sure if I remember correctly

Hidden baptising room.

Does #Lethal# means it gives lethal blow skill?

means it can proc lethal blow

So if weapon isnt lethal it cannot proc it?
Will it proc if i dont have the skill and give it to me?

oh i see, it's gotta be that pool behind the locked gate, give me a hint on where I can find the key for that please, because I swear I've looked everywhere, the only places I haven't been are the samhain underworld and whatever is past it, do i need to progress to find that key or did i miss something in the mausoleum or behind that?

No,hidden room in that area m8. It will mention the water once you find it. Never opened the gate myself.

can someone hook me up with 1.2.0.12?

i just found it, i'm a retard and didn't open the chest because i rested at the safe area and left first. I was looking around for 2 hours last night for that key and didn't think to check all the mausoleum chests until again today. That's sape genetics for ya I guess.

You sure the races have different magic regen? It could be only the classes.

not him, i've heard both as answers

most people say clerics have high mana regen and sages have low regen.

I guess you could attempt to test this by comparing human cleric / sage to wolfin cleric / durendal sage

>clerics have high mana regen and sages have low regen
my eyorb sage regenerates mana much faster than both my created human cleric, and raghilda from crowl who i replaced him with. that fucking cleric takes 2-4 full rests to regenerate mana to max depending on how much was spent.

humans are known to be terrible in general at mana regen

I personally think its based on race

i do too, feyfolk seem to regenerate it really quickly, especially little rosy, i can belt out multiple max power spells and fill her mana bar up in the same time it takes to get 1/4 - 1/3 of the cleric's filled

is it just me or is this really dumb. There no point making caster race other then dog, fairy, aeorb or vampire. Then you got shit like the durendil race or whatever that seems completely useless with all their gear restrictions.

well, everyone has their ups and downs except humans which just seem to be terrible, but they can be anything. i personally don't like vampire's -50% to all stats in sunlight, the reduced speed generally means they are going to act last, and i prefer spellcasters to get their shit out earlier in the round rather than later, and a melee vampire with -50% to all stats in sunlight would probably be worse than a generic human. i have heard they have good mana regeneration and make powerful necromancers later though, better than drow.

What exactly am I supposed to do with TREBOR 555-0101?
I've been walking all over the place for 3 hours.

It also seems dumb drow has mediocre mana regen rate. Maybe special gear they can equip offsets this mediocrity.

thats a joke user, its something you would see on a stall in a bathroom

you got memed, bamboozled

how do I cure disease

Are you fucking serious?
I spent so much time looking for something to dial on or someone to talk to and getting some secret or some shit.
Fuck Cleve
I'll get my revenge.

For those of you asking for 1.2.12 I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to do anything to my files to get them to work for you, or can I just zip it up and it works, what do Skidrow, etc do?

2. What's the most anonymous way to upload this, because I'll be fucked if I get doxxed by you losers just for sharing a game.

trebor is a wizardry joke, since grimoire is heavily based on wizardry games

1. just zip your entire folder up, people will have your library and shit but will just delete what they don't want anyway

2. put it on mega or filedropper, upload through a VPN if you are really that scared

Who /Might&Magic/ here?

Go to the /vr/ HoMM/Might and Magic general and download all the M&M games for free from there. The pastebin has tips for all of the games as well as recommendations on which one to start with.

HOMMfag here, never played might and magic, grimoire is the first DRPG i have played since I beat wizardry 4 over twenty years ago and ended up hating the entire genre. Does M&M6 really get absurd with lasers and whatnot like i have heard? That sounds fun.

Is the game still full of broken ass bugs or is it touchable yet?

yeah what this guy said
id very much appreciate it

I'll upload it for you guys, you're all in charge of re-uploading if it gets taken down though. I'm just scrubbing everything for anything that can identify me, seriously that one guy just spoke badly about Grimoire and got his address leaked and all sorts of other shit, I'm not taking any chances.

yes and haste spells let you fire faster letting you mow down dragons and titans in seconds

>play M&M 7
>slow and careful
>get permastuck in mines
Yes and we laughed at the furry fuck.Besides, he got doxxed because dumbass showed his steam stuff.

3-5 and 6-8 are two of the best rpg trilogies out there

Id hardly argue 8th one has any connections with previous too but its a very comfy game.
Its basically 7 with improvements.

well, i know what i am installing next after i finish with grimoire, thanks user

8's connection is mainly related to Enroth and Regnan "empire" gets mentioned a bunch in MM6. Also the ending but that's spoilers. 7 really shit the bed with dungeons and I don't like how they restricted skills and spells compared to 6 where it was broader. You can tell they didn't have enough time to playtest/polish the game compared to 6.

>weird 90s rpgs
>no mention of Sigmund Freud and Tesla on a space adventure

where is it friend? dont leave me

that's robert woodhead's name backwards
look up the wizardry 4 SA LP

how can one person be so fucking bad at vidya? I'd tell you to kill yourself so your horrible genes stay out of the human gene pool, but you'll never procreate any way.

tfw no 1.2.0.12

If you delete and reinstall you'll lose your saves and library. Backup your saves and library out of the Grimoire folder first if you plan to do this. Then copy them back in to the new install.

What file is the library again?

how many people here are codexers