/vn/ - Soon Edition

Visual Novel General #1576

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wc5-pOnrt8k
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/09-1/tv-anime-dies-irae-reveals-new-teaser-visual-october-6-premiere-theme-song-artists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kei best girl

This thread is going to be as shit as the last.

Not under my watch.

user and his cats

Does the cute brown elf get the d?

^_^

Then what is this?

Soon

My loli

It has routes and an unlockable true route.

WTF there's a true route? I was going to make the ex-wife my head canon.

>Found a hidden VN folder I saved under "School Project - Lit."
Can't even remember how long that was there, I don't even know why I hid it. Any recommendations, otherwise I'll just pick one at random once I'm done with W Happiness.

Why are fangs so cute?

me and my cats

Life with a slave

Rondo Duo is pretty great.

>tfw you have so many doujins and VNs that you have a fap backlog
And then there are those doujins that are just so good that you must fap to a lot of times.

Kamidori

I LIKE LOLIS!

Only female in Django that doesn't get the D, but she does get sexually harassed in the bath by the girl who's leg she's holding

My tomboys

I thought that was abook?

Is not loli, is book.

Tomboys are for oyakodon!

I'm the only real lolicon in this thread

>My next step; Futa

sukisuki fucking when?

I-I'm sorry I failed you, aniki... I don't know how they are so quick...

If SukiSuki doesn't come out this year I'm ending it.

Lies and slander.

nekopara vol 4 when

Recommend me a good cake vn

>Get asked by MG to remove your videos
>Chimp out and start a petition to allow full VN playthroughs
>MG doesn't give a shit and doesn't reply to any requests
>Ask to take down videos or they'll copyright strike you
>"NOT COMPLYING"
>Get a channel removed
>"NOT COMPLYING"
>Get another channel removed
>"Apology video to Manga Gamer.mp4"

Jesus Christ the VN industry is a drama mess on any platform.

Usually I'd be upset at MG or any company for taking down videos on Youtube, but making Let's Plays of VNs is honestly the faggiest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

Cake Vietnam?

Link to that apology video dude.

Nekopara vol 1

Shugaten

Even gayer than eating a vagina?

Kamidori is the pretty good if you're willing to invest 120+ hours into it. IIRC it took me around 200 hours to do all the routes.
Otherwise Rondo Duo is enjoyable, although it's short.

This sounds hilarious, link to the apology or some other place I can make fun of that dude?

youtube.com/watch?v=wc5-pOnrt8k

So many people misunderstand Fair Use. Adding commentary is transformative but that's only one criteria of Fair Use. The amount of material you take is also another aspect, which is why reviews and criticisms that use excerpts of the copyrighted work are fine.

>How much does it cost to translate a VN of the 30-50 hours category with decent paze?

While the Libra team was able to negotiate with the translation team to reduce the costs before the project started since the initial prefundia goal was judged to be too high, but they gave a detailed breakdown of their initial quote,

DELETE THIS WE NEED THOSE 300K!

However much they did pay, they got ripped off considering the limited skill of the translation team.

100k to translate libra? Man they overpaid.

Are we ded?

I noticed that too, if a new thread pops up there are a lot of posts and pictures in a very short time and after that nothing. Like a candle that burns away too quickly.

I love childhood friends
especially Sumika!

Wew you can make that much money by barely knowing 2 languages? Alright, I'm learning japanese.

>Standard charges per Japanese character (Kana & Kanji)
>Japanese→English 17 Yen~

so the Libra team actually got a great deal

I met a bloke in China. He was from England or whatever. Don't know how much Chinese he knew but he seemed to get by. I spent the entire time speaking English & he said he teaches English at China. If the language is in demand, it may work.

How are the chrono clock cg without mosiacs? Don't think i'ves any examples anywhere.

>100k
No wonder everyone sells out.

How do I deal with the pain of having my waifu killed in Trillion?

They probably paid closer to $60k after they negotiated a lower rate and launched with a $125k goal and 50% listed for translation

They still overpaid for the result they got though

SP offers trash compared to that. I think they offered aroduc like 5k for his baldr sky stuff.

What's the proper way to fuck a tomboy?

Sekai used to pay quite well, part of the reason they lost money on G-Senjou was they overpaid the localization team. But that was when Steam was doing ridiculously well, by the time they got Baldr Sky they had began looking for ways to reduce costs, so they weren't going to pay Aroduc the per character rates that prior localizations got (especially with Sky being such a long game).

everyone is the same person in sub4h1bi

Between thighs

pretty sure the reason they lost money was because they split voices? as dlc and people decided fuck that and just pirated it instead. Plus wasn't it all-ages with no patch?

Start slow and gentle, then pound her hard against the bed from behind or in the mating press.

All tomboys, without fail, love it in the ass.

It probably outsold everything MG ever released purely through their own site, being above 6k on Steamspy when it was have said to lost money and around 9k now. They likely overpaid for the license like many other titles at the time but one of the explicit comments made about it losing money was they paid higher than market rate for the translation.

With this;

A little bit forcibly, enough to sweep her off her feet.

The JET program exists

Yeah but there's at least 3 people involved with the translation, the translator, the editor, someone to QC, and probably someone to manage the project. So splitting $60k across 3-4 people isn't much money.

Reminder

Still beats getting nothing
when I first took commissions I was thrilled to be getting $10/hr
now I can charge over $50/hr

Of course, $60k isn't unreasonable for a translation the size of Libra by any measure, however the Libra team made a relatively poor choice with whom they hired to translate it considering what the final product looked like.

DELET

Sometimes i wonder if those "500K for translation" kickstarters are just a way to use 200K on translation and keep the rest.

when can we expect the majikoi A3 translation to come out ?
I really need my maids

It won't be during your lifetime now that JAST picked up Majikoi.

2030 maybe

Suki Suki

Libra got ripped off if they actually paid that much. They effectively listed $0.075/ch as the amount they paid. While that's about in line with a professional translation, this industry (even sakai at it's most generous) never pays that much, most tl's getting $0.01-$0.025/ch depending on who they work for. That and what they got for their money was certainly not even close to 'professional' level... even sekai's worst translations probably have Libra beat.

That's not even close to what was offered...

>...

Yeah but that $0.01 - $0.025/ch is only for the translator right? If you need editing and QC it'll be 3x that amount.

>this industry (even sakai at it's most generous) never pays that much, most tl's getting $0.01-$0.025/ch depending on who they work for.
it's about time that issue is fixed
buy more VNs from SP

Enjoying Dangeki Stryker very much, the characters are really comfy. Thanks to the anons that recommended it to me.

I've got two routes left on cho dengeki, I really should get onto that.

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/09-1/tv-anime-dies-irae-reveals-new-teaser-visual-october-6-premiere-theme-song-artists
>The official website for the upcoming TV anime based on light's battle adventure PC game series Dies irae is today updated with a new teaser visual featuring its main heroine Marie in chains with a tagline "Watch Close at the Angry Day."

fuck you, it was supposed to be a shitty recommendation that'd make you hate this general even more

Why did you recommend something good then?

>Angry Day ~Amantes amentes~

>This is such a long, complicated, and important game, that we're going to scrimp on it extra hard and offer an experienced translator severely reduced pay

Sekai Project really are fucking idiots, and so are Doddler/Moogy/Koestl for wholeheartedly supporting them. Shit eaters, the entire bunch.

it's garbage you shit eating cretin

Not my fault you have shit taste

Christ, where can I watch the non-brainlet version of Dies irae

Who wants to hire me to translate VNs?

Was it so hard to use Day of Wrath or something? This shit's going to be Hadena's Horizon subs all over again.

I want you to translate the DI anime. You only have to be better than crunchyroll, so it will be easy

I can't wait to see how CR translates the incantations in DI.

>Editing staff getting anywhere near that much
Ahahahaha