Long ago the 4 stroke bikes lived together in harmony but then everything changed when the KTM riders attacked edition

Long ago the 4 stroke bikes lived together in harmony but then everything changed when the KTM riders attacked edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet, fight, fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

Grom simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Reasonable, humble bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:
na

Other urls found in this thread:

milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2009-wr-450/6438327755.html
twitter.com/dkinowski84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

H-how?

cheapest insurance for me to get an R6 tomorrow would be £800 for the year.

just fuck me up senpai

I want a nu-goldwing
The auto version
With no bags
Just for comfy fasts

I want boipucci

paying £139 fully comp on a busa and heavily modded TL1000R.

to be fair I've only been riding a year on my cbt but still

I pay £700 for a fucking R125 wtf
3rd party, £500 excess

so what is the subject of this thread?

discuss

Yeah you are just kids, 37 FTW

I don't want boipucci, but gf doesn't want to try it up the butt so I might just have ti

I pay $22 a month for basic liability on a CBR600 dude. That's terrible.

milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2009-wr-450/6438327755.html

What's /dbt/s thoughts on this? Something about this feels weirdly... off. It's not priced cheap enough to be stolen despite how the add looks, but it is cheap enough that, especially with the lack of details, I think there might be something wrong with it.

Good aftermarket windscreen brand for a Yamaha bike?

Also, are those double bubble windscreens any good or will just make me look like a twat lol?

$24 for a 300 and 900 here
And 19years old, feels good

I've got an hour commute and a stock FZ6R. Should I mod to a sport-touring config or tade for either a proper sport-tourer or a cruiser?

Just get a regular fz6 and put the $2k you save into a Corbin seat, windscreen, heated grips, nice tires

lads im sick and boss is making me go home

how ride 20 miles with fever and moderate motion sickness + nice headache

Very slow and steady
Try to hypermile it
Never go over 3k
Never come at an abrupt stop
Pretty fun to try and get the highest numbers

whats wrong with me, I started riding last year and I was doing great for a while but i'm losing confidence in my riding ability all of a sudden.

I'm ending up shifting at the wrong time, slipping the clutch, hitting nuetral, hammering the throttle when I shouldn't be. whats happening to me

Who knows, maybe you have Alzheimer's.

Long ago the 4 stroke bikes lived together in harmony but then everything changed when the KTM riders attacked edition of what? I see no subject you six piece chicken mcnobody

unironically, take your basic rider course again. refreshers are great things

Today I learned how to countersteer /dbt/. It just clicked. Seems so simple now after struggling with it for months.

bad bait

You literally can't corner at speed without counter steer.

You're trying to ride faster than you're able to ride smoothly
Focus on smooth

>t. r/moto

Im thinking of getting a bike. Other than a 50cc honda ive never rode on one. My question is how hard is it? How do you handle slow speeds? And why is first down yet the rest are up (in most cases)?

not that hard you get used to it
you feather the clutch and throttle n shiet, again you get used to it, seriously
I don't know

If you flip the shifter linkage around it becomes one-up five down, which is called "gp shift" and how most road race bikes are set up. Makes upshifiting out of a left hand corner much easier.

Because its easier to pull up on the shifter during acceleration and easier to push down during braking

Why does that guy's phone number have it's own twitter account?
twitter.com/dkinowski84

I want to get a RAM mount for my bike. Should I go for the U bolt or claw grip?
The shift pattern for a motorcycle is:
1 N 2 3 4 5 6
Neutral sits between 1st and 2nd, so to get into first you push down. Then when you shift to 2nd you just go straight past neutral.

I don't know if this makes the ad more or less likely to be a scam

Low speed maneuvering is just riding the clutch, the rear brake, the throttle and a bunch of practice .

First gear is all the way down because a motorcycle's only safety is to predict problems and get out of the way quickly.

If you're standing still and see something coming towards you you just kick down the gears until you're in first and bail out. If the lowest position was Neutral, or if the 'race bike pattern' was the norm this would not be possible, or at the very least considerably more difficult.

At least that is what I have been told.

First gear is all the way down because a motorcycle's only safety is to predict problems and get out of the way quickly.

If you're standing still and see something coming towards you you just kick down the gears until you're in first and bail out. If the lowest position was Neutral, or if the 'race bike pattern' was the norm this would not be possible, or at the very least considerably more difficult.

At least that is what I have been told.

Most people corner by leaning their body which induces accidental countersteer

For those unfortunate to live in a place that has winter, how in-depth do you go with winterization?

I use fuel stabilizer ,a battery tender, and I put card board underneath the tires.

My dad owns a climate controlled shop where the bike is moved, run, and alternated onto the trickle charger a few times over the winter. So I do pretty much nothing.

Full tank of fuel and battery tender

Keep it in a heated shop, start it up every week or so and run it for a minute or 2. If was gonna keep it somewhere where it got cold i would just put fuel stabilizer in it and take the battery out and leave it till spring

Make sure I have enough thread on my tyres.
Keep the tyre pressure in check
Make sure I have enough fuel in the tank, to not get stranded in a snowstorm
Put in all the liners in my suit

No fogging oil in the engine or anything like that? It was a pain in the ass to do, and I'm not even sure if it's worth that hassle.

You will never get a proper answer because this is too vague. Model number, then somebody could try helping.

If you've got a UJM type, I'd recommend a period sport fairing with a high bubble. Failing that, I hear good things about "slipscreen" derived designs.

>wiring a simple power commander in
>splice 12v power in
>bike idles for 3min
Seems good, put bike back together
>splice clamp snaps
All good put another on and glue it properly
>pcv has power
>bike isnt starting
>battery almost dead for some fucking reason
Legitimately want to die, apparently I'm destined to pay mechanics to do my shit for me

Guys just in case this is it
I really fucking hate most of you, this general always sucked

>legitmately want to die

Yeah me too dude.

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣄⣀⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠺⠿⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠿⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⣤⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⣤⣴⣶⣶⣦⣤⣄⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣿⣿⣿⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⣹⣿⣿⣿⠉⠛⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠻⠿⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠹⣿⣿⠟

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⠸⣿⣿⣷⡀⢀⢀⠸⠿⠿⠿⠿⣷⣦⣄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⠛⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣴⣶⣶⡀
⢀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⣤⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠁
⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣭⠁
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟
⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡷
⢀⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢀⢀⢀⠉⠛⠿⢿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠋

How sweet user

>All 3 motorcycles I've owned have been naked street bikes
>Own an FZ07 right now

>Kinda want to get a Ninja 400 just because why not

I also have an FZ07. Waiting on a good dual sport. But ill likely get bored and buy an XR400R

kys wr

Just take it easy

Maybe the clean airflow around you is going to help.

2007 Honda Rebel 250: y/n?
I'm not looking to go fast or do any highway riding, and I'd prefer a carbed bike

I wouldn't desu.

All the power and performance of a 125 with none of the fuel economy or light weight or handling.

Looking for a showstopper, only problem is budget

Right now considering a brutale because superdick and s1000rrs are too pricy. Any other suggestions to look for? I want power.

i live on the alps i never do shit i ride every day

r8

10\10

>All the power and performance of a 125 with none of the fuel economy or light weight or handling.
its faster than a 125, fuel economy is great 60mpg and its light unless your a soyboi manlet cuck but cruisers are shist

Why are dual sport helmets the official head protection of fags?

thats a dirt helmet and dirt bikes are for fags, thats why.

Of course shit like this is the first thing posted after Veeky Forums gets unfucked.

Tuono or Striple

You could at least put some effort into your physique

Post your bikes.

Cruiser life best life

That's a nice XJ

>It's faster than a 125

So 80mph top speed instead of 70?

>60mpg

125's get like 80mpg around town

roast me

kill urself

At least youre not a no bike

Honestly disgusting

Are you one of those kids that was in a video where an old cop pulled pulled over a bunch of kids for having a yellow light filter on their front light?

I finally did it
I matched with a girl in my area on tinder with pictures of her touring around europe on her bike
she even looks good

how am I going to fuck this up?

>tfw grom

did you finally get one or are you another user

I like the color

I've had it for 4 months or so now

You'll fuck it up when you message her, and she either doesn't respond at all, or gives you short replies where you have to keep the entire conversation going yourself and it's just a complete chore.

>tfw work in a large company owning multiple bike dealerships
>tfw get to see all the scummy scamming of customers left right and center
Literally worse than auto shops

>or gives you short replies where you have to keep the entire conversation going yourself and it's just a complete chore.
this hits too close to home

thoughts on ninja 300 for lams bike? is it still the 'industry standard' like the 250 was?

Double bubbles are good if your current screen doesn’t deflect the wind enough.

I’m tall as fuck and the double bubble I bought pushes the wind over my head instead of hitting me in the face.

All the Jap 300's are good, the CBR is slow though.

Pretty much any modern (i.e. not a GS500) Jap bike will do you well.

I googled the advert as I do with any Craigslist ad I and don't see any repeats indicating spam. It might just be cheap.

If not sure how to inspect a bike before buying, read up on what to check first on suitable forums since every model has its own quirks like any other machine.

One of the first tools I bought as a lad was a compression tester. We test every bike that comes into the shop so when a nugget brings in junk he said "ran when parked" and "needs a tune up" we know the real top end condition. If you can find a manual online, download it. I study heavily before buying any vehicle. So should you. It pays off.

Buying in winter is wise. That price is probably appropriate to the frozen hell of the Rust Belt.

Why buy a new one? There's a big chance you'll drop it, I'd advise against buying a new learner bike unless you've got plenty of disposable income.

>roast me
I won't, because that trainwreck of a front light will.

Good learner bikes. Can pick them up cheap second hand. For the love of god do not buy a new one as you’ll most likely drop the thing at some point.

who cares if you drop it
are you a cuck?

>wanting to look after an investment
>cuck

kys

Prospective buyers sure will when you go to sell it

Thx anons, hoping to find a 2nd hand one with sub 6000kms

>investment
just buy a bike you want to keep for a very long time and stop caring about every scratch

>drop 11k bike
>1k in fairing/frame/paint damage

>drop 3k learner bike made to be dropped
>small scuff on bar end, $3 damage

Boy I wonder why people go for cheaper bikes when they're learning?

>lams bike
>keeping for any longer than necessary
Hello brainlet

>buying meme learner bikes
this is as /dbt/ as it gets
you do you

I'm happy that I didn't listen to /dbt/ back then and bought the bike I wanted and didn't waste another grand on a shitbike to """learn""" on
ah yeah right I forgot you americucks don't get taught shit in driving school

Some places don’t give you a choice in what you’re allowed to ride.
Also learner bikes retain value well so you can flog the piss out of it for the required year and sell it for a marginal loss to get what I really want when you’re not a shit rider.