Can you drive auto and still be enthusiast

Can you drive auto and still be enthusiast

How the fuck did he get that push bar and hood intake through German inspection?

Yes. Driving a fucking manual 0.8l diesel doesn't make you an enthusiast.

But driving an automatic base model 6th gen civic does?

The definition of "Enthusiast" does not require "must drive manual"

Hell, there's GN enthusiasts that swap in a T56 and run SLOWER because the GN's auto is so smooth.

yeah but it makes you a limpwristed faggot

Auto is superior in every way so it makes you more of an enthusiast if anything.

Fuck no unless you drive the absolute shit out of it.

Tuv is a fucking joke if you have the cash
Its only purpose is to fuck over poor enthusiasts
I recently bought an auto, falling for the shills
3 months in and I absolutely hate it
It's a dsg, shouldn't even be that bad, but it's just not as fun
I unironically have more fun hooning my sister's 70hp Yaris with blown synchros

B8

As long as you appreciate cars, you're an enthusiast.

yes, but having never driven manual, and having no desire to learn puts a big dent on being an enthusiast
at least respect why some would choose it over auto

Then buy a manual or find a friend or family member with an manual and learn. Its not rocket science

i'm not speaking personally, i own a manual car
i just meant as a general case. if you call yourself an enthusiast but actively shun manual and don't attempt you learn, you're a pretty shitty enthusiast

i wish there were more manual teaching classes around though

You have to meet two criteria to have an auto and call yourself an enthusiast:
1. Know how to operate manual
2. Have a track time beating a Viper ACR

Only good poster in this thread.

bump

It's literally impossible for me to learn manual.

are you missing an arm and a leg? I'm a yurofag and would probably not be able to drive an auto. Shit looks weird and unwieldy

I have 3 cars, 2 ,manual and 1 auto. I don't really care what other people drive. I do think certain cars suit different things but for the most part I simply do not care.

I do prefer manual though.

I'll try to summarize my drunken rant last time I replied to one of these posts.

Literally all it takes to be an enthusiast is to have an interest in the hobby. thinks like what car you drive or what transmission it has are irrelevant. You can be an auto enthusiast driving a base model Kia from 1998 or a Mustang or Civic. All that defines is how much respect you might gather from judgmental retards. I'd you like cars you are automatically an enthusiast, even if you don't own one and at most you have some cool posters on your wall.

It doesn't fucking matter if your car doesn't have a nurburgring time, or isn't a certain drivetrain configuration, or any other meaningless garbage.

>(
relativly easy on foreign cars
>inb4 was made like that and imported

More cash doesn't magically make things legal unless you literally bribe the inspector.

Yes. However, you should be able to drive both auto and manual if it's physically possible, there's no excuse not to be able to.

No.

Except no automatic is as fast as an electrohydraulic sequential manual.

>I'm a yurofag and would probably not be able to drive an auto.
You're braindead if you can't drive auto.

You can homologate stuff if you've got enough cash, and some officials will take a bribe.

>More cash doesn't magically make things legal
yes it does. That Ferris Bueller faggot got away with vehicular manslaughter in England because he forgot to drive on the correct side of the road

it literally does

Bruce Jenner killed an old lady and got away with it.

>Moosecountry
>Everyone drives an automatic
>My taste in cars apparently isn't shared with the general population
>If I can find a car that I'm interested in, it's automatic with 200,000km on it and rust

her name is Caitlyn you cishet shitlord

>Lord
>assuming my gender

I'm a tri racial trans-atlantic semi girl you bigot

s-sorry ma'am

There's advantages to both. In a busy city thats constant stop and go at 20 mph then fuck no I wouldn't want a manual, thats just a pain in the ass. If I lived in a less populated area with nice mountain roads, and a nearby track, then a manual would be a much better choice for me. Being an enthusiast is more than your transmission, its literally just being enthusiastic about cars. Which is not just driving them either, you could be a terrible driver and still be enthusiastic about working on cars, or designing them in cad software, etc. The manual vs automatic shit here is no different than the faggots on /v/ making sony vs nintendo threads every day.

/thread

You can but you probably aren't

if, and only if, it's the transmission that came from god himself

fucking germans man

>do nothing to actually contribute to the process of driving a car
>"hurr just because I drive auto doesn't mean I'm not an enthusiast!"
Lazy fucking coons, the lot of you.

>goes to car meet in auto v6 mustang
>t. 30-40 years old and screaming internally trying to remain "interesting" in the whitest way possible

>More cash doesn't magically make things legal
you are very naive my friend

>Dsg
>Anything other than vag trash
Have you tried one?
I'd rather get a manual polo than an auto porsche

yes

sadly most 4sp autos are stock dogshit and the rest of t hem are setup for meme street strip drags and nothing interesting like memecross, rallying or anything that involves going round corners

No. You can only be lazy and uncoordinated.

I don't have a license and barely know how to rove because nobody around me ever gave enough of a shit to teach me. I'm too poor for classes. Nobody around me knows how to or owns a manual. I'm too poor to buy a burner manual learner car and driving is way too fucked up here to even do that as a new driver . I'm 20 years old and it causes me a lot of strife the fact that I'm a worse driver than people who detest cars and and driving and want this thing I enjoy to die.

Excuses. Cars are cheap enough to buy several on minimum wage. Manuals are usually cheaper or no more expensive and they are cheaper to maintain.

You are either unmotivated or unwilling.

I don't have a wage . Manuals aren't any cheaper here. Also I barely know how to drove in general in an area with shit traffic and driving skill.

Unmotivated then. Get a fucking job and teach yourself to drive, its no harder than riding a bicycle. I had no job, no money and no one to teach me.

Know what I did?

Fucking fixed those things one at a time because that's the point of being alive. Sort yourself out, starting with putting an end to those lame ass excuses.

And before you say you still like cars, I don't dispute that. I dispute your enthusiasm for them. If you aren't enthusiastic to buy, work on or drive them, you aren't an enthusiast. You're just someone who kinda likes cars.

>Slower than a sequential manual
>Harsher than a torque convertor auto
>Less fun than a conventional manual
>Worst reliability

Where do you live where this is possible?

Yeah that's really just not possible in my area user.
Yeah ok. Nope.

Yes.

I would swap my at for an my if it wouldn't probably cost me more than the car is with