>another minecraft clone
kys

>Want to make career in what you find fun
>Career don't take off
>Throw shit at the wall to see what sticks
>Nothing does
>Animated shit
I see the googly in him.

Just made a breakthrough in pathfinding! It's still a little laggy and works by updating it's goal whenever a key is pressed rather than having anything to do with player movement, but it's much better than the nothing I had before

TFW you don't live down under. TFW you think about how it all end

New sprite for the stranded escape pods you can rescue, and now come in 2 sizes, larger ones being harder to carry and more rewarding. This was just a fairly quick addition as a side objective but I can use its mechanics for other things like enemies so I'm pretty happy. Also more math tweaks to make the hauling the right difficulty for fun/challenge/reward, although it still depends on the gravity of the planet.

update after the player has moved a certain amount from the position the path was made instead.

>reinventing-the-wheel.gif
>2d top down pixelshit
just quit

Thanks user, I'll note that for later :3. My next step is to replace the crappy barrel place-holder with a an animated zombie for the mobs

Come to think of it, I would play a legit Battle Royale game

no
it's my idea.
don't steal it

wiyg

Too late

A fucking 1/10.

how to brainstorm game ideas?

play old amiga/dos games and get some inspiration

Oh fuck it's solar jetman my nostalllgggggaaaaaa

Man, that would be so cool if it was done faithfully. Your starting item is randomized, there's someone else out there who you need to stay alive, continually being pushed towards each other. Then you do need to kill the person you 've been keeping alive

youtu.be/N0p1t-dC7Ko And yes, that teacher IS Takeshi from Takeshi's castle

no that is stupid
is this the worst bread in history of history?

take a shower

You're stupid, you can't even toast bread

>And yes, that teacher IS Takeshi from Takeshi's castle
Yeah faggot we know about battle royale.

Do you know about Takeshi's Castle?

I don't think I'd make a good game. It'd make a great Fargo/American X Story tv series or remake film but unless it was a single player fucking telltale game I don't think it'dd be popular

I don't know about either

*snort*
duuheeey guys, I jusdwanna dell you abowd dis obshcure piece of nipponese culture I found called tageshi's gastle, youbmay probully habn't heard ub it

Tried making a 18x18km map for an fps based on a real life town. got height map, google map shot of the building and streets, make a few placeholder building. look around the world and there are kms of kms of work to be done plus each building's interior needs to be done but there are no floor plans available. give up. delete project? yes

Did you see the sequel? Its hillariously bad. But its so bad that it cant be missed. The movie even praises al queda and shit talks the us lol

>trying to do a pubg clone alone
what the fuck are you doing user? you need an army of devs to make a game of that scale

I didn't think so

nice gogem impersonation

Malke it underground

That's why you either get a team or procedurally generate that shit. You could do certain parts by hand but the majority of it needs to be done automatically.

A 1ma is not making a handcrafted 18x18km world.

I have. It 100% should be missed. I don't even remember the Al Queda stuff, I just remember nothing making any god damn sense

wait. so u saying that...agdg should team up and make a pubg 18x18km clone or some shit?

Well at least you know about it now sweetie ;)

Here ya go faggot:

80.lv/articles/procedural-ecosystem-for-ue4-in-action/

How do I into Rng?

It's like you keep getting the same numbers once every 5 executions

Hand making a map of that size is just going to take you ages. You'd be better off automating the placement most of the smaller details and only focusing on placing the major details. Basically you shouldn't be placing anything smaller than say a building.

>The movie even praises al queda and shit talks the us lol
To add context, it was made when everyone around the world was getting soured to the war on terror and Bush did 9/11 memes were being made. Also, the edgy revolutionary who says that is a bit of a fuckwit, but has a legit (fictional) gripe with his own nation

redblobgames.com/articles/probability/damage-rolls.html

engines usually use the same random seed during testing unless you tell it to randomize the random seed

If you pay me first

Your biggest problem for a PUBG clone is going to be servers and networking. You can't do peer to peer with 100+ players so you're now stuck figuring out how to host thousands of dedicated servers and keeping the cost of hosting down to nothing.

Servers hosted on a potato are an integral part of the genre

make a seed that is based on the internal clock of the computer

There are 2 scenes that made snot fly out of my nose making the movie worth it for me, when that teacher shows up dressed in his schoolboy soccer uniform out of fucking nowhere and when same dude eats a fistfull of aspirin and makes the hamiest nip face, a hammy nip face that rivals iron chefs pepper man laugh

What about buildings that take a full minute to update from their low-LOD forms to the versions that can actually be interacted with?
That's gotta be my favorite PUBG feature.

Why do you, the 3D modeler get to name and design his entire concept?

Mike Ross is clearly lying about there being a team

...is there a game?

>Mike Ross
I keep seeing this name and I don't know who it is.
However, I just remembered that as soon as the modeler started posting here, the programmer stopped.
But why lie about something like that? What's the point?

Nothing was shown. He said something was close, but then said it needed more work

He avatar spammed pictures of Mike Ross for two whole days worth of threads. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW YOU CAN HAVE THAT MANY PICTURES OF MIKE ROSS. Either way, since he refuses to use a name, submit anything to the recap or even anything to reference him as we just call him Mike Ross

>But why lie about something like that? What's the point?
Maybe he wanted 2017's JSRF attempt to seem like it had legitimacy

And then dives like he's scoring a touchdown

I don't fucking even

>He said something was close, but then said it needed more work
Back when he was claiming to be the programmer, he said it was going to be a fighting game, then later said the team couldn't do a fighting game. I get that it's the most technically demanding genre, but if your team is big enough to have different people on 2D and 3D then I think it's big enough to make at least a prototype of a fighting game.
Also, I noticed that he posts progress almost every day but still managed to spend several weeks on that first model. I don't think he's any animation or even rigging yet, either.

Also, I don't know who Mike Ross is.

>Thanks for rescuing Dr. Pavel. Unfortunately, he died from the extensive injuries he sustained inside the pod.
>Oh, from the crash landing on the planet?
>No, no no: from the the rescue.

>Gee, I wonder why this one guy makes all the decisions
>Why did he turn his fighting game into a Clone like it was no sweat for everyone to suddenly change projects
>His Models take a month each... no blowback
>No music
>2D artist who clearly can't design shit is a "cool" guy and should be cut some slack for his horrible design
>No gameplay
>"Hideki Naganuma made the soundtrack in less than a year so I'M not worried"
>Really, spending a month on the first model is no problem
>There are two 2D artists, but you only see the same one
Really makes you think

>JSRF
I keep seeing this, usually when people ask about jams, but I have no idea what it stands for.

>Also, I don't know who Mike Ross is.
Neither did I. Hell I still don't. I just got his face spammed into me. He told us his name was Mike Ross and that he thought he was funny

It has nothing to do with Jams

What is the most comfy game you've ever played?

>but I have no idea what it stands for.
And we're going to keep it that way Rokkaku

FTL

(You)'re'e's

Euro Truck Simulator 2

JSRF. Legit

That's when I see it brought up most. Someone asks what the next jam is and somebody says "JSRF jam," or people start talking about jam games and somebody finds a way to work it into a sentence.

But like I said, I have no idea what it means.

I don't understand.

depression quest

>I don't understand.
Because you don't understand the concept of love

I wonder what she looks like without the eyelid surgery to correct open her eyes, the very fake looking green contacts, the bleach to turn her hair blonde and the ridiculous amounts of caked on makeup (that you can see even in this horribly low res picture, nevermind real life) to make her appear white - and who knows what else they did to her

god asians are so fucking ugly lmao

Wait, is it Jet Set Radio Future?
Why is that a meme here?

Jet Set Radio Future. If you play it, you never forget.

>Dr. Pavel
It's a big pod.

>eyelid surgery
That's Koreans.
That woman has pretty typical Asian eyes.

I really hated the demo desu

Because it's one of those games that anyone who's ever played it wants a remaster or sequel. But what set's it apart is it's absolute ear, eye and mind -worming

It's a "meme" here because there's an attempt to do the JSRF indie-spoilation every 6-12 months. Nobody flies like a butterfly

All Asians are ethnically Korean according to my dad, are you saying my dad is a liar? He went to college

And both Googly & insaneposter are here, it's no surprise you are too

What is the most laziest, most uninspired game you can ever think of?

Animal Crossing.

If you mean indie, Plantera and Cat Goes Fishing.

>green
>typical asian

? ? ? ?

I guess that makes sense, and Mike Ross's characters definitely look like JSR OC's.

Pony World 3.

store.steampowered.com/app/364940/Pony_World_3/

I was expecting nothing and still got disappointed.

Shutup and learn to eat
Too bad no Bon appetite
Shutup and learn to eat
You know my love is sweet

Those games where you shoot a colored ball upwards to other colored balls and need to match the colors

Tries to

>Mike Ross's characters definitely look like JSR OC's.
>definitely look like JSR OC's.
>definitely

Animal Crossing for GC. Minecraft comes close.

>antifa.jpg

I said OC's, not actual characters.
He's clearly shooting for the same aesthetic but not pulling it off.

I never claimed to be a programmer. we never posted programming progress because my programmers dont want to show anything yet until they have something properly functional to show. they're still ironing out kinks and bugs with the movement and getting the rail movement right.

The models are already rigged. I made a basemodel which I rigged to the skeleton, then I duplicated the meshes for clothing and stuff from the basemesh so everything was rigged as I went along. then ion the end I tweaked the weight painting where applicable.

We've recently gotten an animator on the team who's going to be animating Ryder this weekend, right now he's fixing up my IK rig since he's more experienced in the rigging department than I am.

there was a mike ross picture thread i na group I'm part of and i saved all of them.

I'll talk to the programmers about submitting things to the recap, once we start putting out gameplay videos I'll start using an ame for people to filter me if they want.

the programmer never posted here. it was always me.

I really, REALLY want to show something ASAP, but I'm respecting the programmer's wishes and I'll show what we have once he's ready to. He doesn't browse these threads, so until he decides to partake in them, I'm the one posting about it

>mineycrafta
>comfy
I always thought it was spooky as fuck with the fucking sneaky monsters everywhere destroying your shit and killing you.