>Gwent News
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>New Cards
gwentdb.com/news/139-cd-projekt-red-reveals-new-cards

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
twitter.com/playgwent

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/gwent_campaign/albums

Lady Margarita told us of

we really need to do something about about the images in the OP from now on. no more cards, take art pieces from the gwent twitter account

I was going to use this, but opened the wrong file.

>no feet shown

>liking feet

Barbarians.

the point is that is still art from the game which keeps us at a short repeating cycle

you should only craft what you are going to play. until you decide what deck you want to move to no one can help you

>play a casual game
>opponent ends the match with 9 golds on the board
wew

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> thins your deck with BSC and gives you a very decent starting tempo
> boosts your temerianbros
> crewman

best bronze in the game IMO

it scorches the strongest unit(s) on the board when the timer runs out

people usually use it in round 3. in combination with other golds so they won't get scorched themselves, it's one of the better cards in the game but it only works if you have an entire deck built to support it. too heavy investment for you

Why are elf decks so useless?

Where can I search for budget decks?

Elves must die!

because mulligan and movment archetype are weak

budget decks are a stepping stone to non budget decks, first set an end goal of what deck you want to have then we can all help you build something that will carry you there

I liked playing Scoia'tael or Nilfgaard because of Resilience, but mostly buffing my cards so Scoia mostly.
I also enjoyed played Mosters for the weather effects, but it felt somewhat weak, it took me a lot of time to finish the solo missions with/against Monsters.

monsters are the strongest faction in the game right now alongsides skellige
ST and NG are the more fun factions that needs to get buffed to be a viable option to play, mainly NG everyone agrees they are the weakest right now
NRs are in a good place in the middle, depends on what kind of NR deck you have

if you like buffing resilient units and looking for a budget deck dwarfs is the deck for you, but it's boring AF and it can carry you to 4K MMR but above that it will be a hard slog

Then show me a monster deck

there's consume and weather monsters. different kinds of play. consume is probably more new player friendly because it's more budget than weather but weather is stronger right now beause it exploits balance issues the game has. a new patch will come out at the end of this month and things will probably change but no one knows how things will change

so what is, consume of weather?

Consume then, I liked water but I don't have cards and it might get gutted.
I just want it to get some wins so I can get more cards and become familiar with the game.

ANY'O'YOU WANT A GOOD LOOK AT MEH AXE

weather* holy shit I'm dumb lol

consume will probably get changed too, right now claims are 1/3rd of cards in the game will get changed

as for the deck itself, there are many cards you will need for it but the nice thing about consume is that you can build a barebones deck and fill it up with better cards as you progress right now you are low level so you can mange for now. it's still not that cheap but the very very minimum is

3 arachas behemoth
3 arachas
3 vran warriors
3 celano harpy
gravehag

beyond this point you will want stuff like nekkers water hag,octvist,fiend,Frightener,monster nest,marching orders,ge'els,caretaker,igni,regis higher vampire. i've named here more cards than you'll be able to put in your actual final deck because there are different variations of consume. so it depends on your preference latter on

What is the plan with that deck or the win conditions?
So I can get the general idea of what to expect to win a match?

consume is a mechanic were a card eats another card and gets boosted by the value of the card he ate (boost =/= strengthen. strengthen is permanent boost can be reset)

this deck needs synergy between several cards to work, arachas behemoths spawn arachas every time a unit is consumed. they all spawn on the same row so it's like a consume chain. the units that consume are the vran warriors and your leader which is the unseen elder

you also have celeano harpies that spawn eggs that give you extra boost when consumes and also spawn a unit when the egg breaks (celano harpies will probably get nerfed because it's too strong right now).
then you have the grave hag. this is the deck's finishing move. she consumes all the units in your graveyard and gets boosted by 1 for each. because you play her in the final turn of round 3 she's like a 20-30 points swing. the problem with her is that she is very vulnerable to damage so you need turn advantage to play her after your opponent ran out of cards. it's a pretty dirty trick

that's the barebones of consume. without these cards no synergy no deck. beyond that are the cards that add spice to the flavor

Also, I suppose I go for Unseen Elder right?

correct, before the latest patch hybrid weather consume decks were very popular and strong but now it's back to regular consume with the unseen elder or back to weather with the other two leaders

Consume typically wants to play a long round 1 and/or 3. Getting your arachas out and eating harpies eggs can cause a major swing for round 1. Round 3 you can use your leader to eat 3 eggs for a huge swing. You want you vrans on middle rows to eat arachas babies. The swings often allow you to pass and force opponent to lose card advantage. You want to play the last card and have it be gravehag for a massive last turn swing

What were the hero powers in pre change Gwent? Or is there somewhere I can see them.

Squirrels could choose to go first or second right? That was a faction power. Monsters randomly kept one monster? Did NR have the draw a card if they win ability?

I ran this deck literally from rank 5 to 20

3 arach behem
2 vran warriors
3 arach
3 nekker
3 celano harpies
1 ekkimari

The crones
Water hag
Grave hag
Frieghtener or katakan

Geels
Igni
Caretaker
Regis higher

i only joined once the open beta launched by that point non of that existed but from what i've gathered close beta gwent started off similar to witcher 3 gwent. in witcher 3 gwent NR would draw another card from their deck when they won, NG would win in case of ties,ST got to choose who goes first,monsters got to keep a random unit from their board to the next round and skellige resurrected two random units from the grave at round 3

> 2 vran warriors
why?

Just my preference. Winning round one with stronger carry over with ekki usually helps gain card advantage for turn 3 and ekki can be a bit more versatile. I'll admit there's times I wanted the 3rd vran but not enough times to make me change

there were many times i found myself with more vrans in hand than i wanted and it screwed me over to the point i though going down to 2 but when you have a bad mulligan or get one of them locked/killed you realize this entire decks collapses without them

if only it was possible to spawn one with monster's nest it would be 100% fine to go down to 2

You are probably right but I just played it to rank 20 then switched to another deck for 21 and beyond. I haven't played consume in weeks. But people are terrible from ranks 5 to 20 so it didn't matter

nr was golds are 2 strengh more. ng 1mulligan after every round. skellige all units were veteran

i tried to play consume for the last two days to go up in ranked from 19 to 20 with mediocre results. too many people tech up cards that hurt consume badly

Yeah I had to switch. Dagon tokens was super popular when I hit 20 and I hit a wall

i could play dagon i just don't want to i already used to climb from 3.5k to 4 and i felt guilty enough, trissbutt is so broken i'm amazed no one in CDPR was troubled by this

I don't think dagon Tris is so bad now but it was hell for consume. I switched to generic eredin weather for 20 to 21

i'd play discard SK if i had the cards for it, working on it right now. seems like a fun deck to play

I am free to play and dusted everything but monster cards. Big mistake. I'm going to be stuck at 4k so I'm just gonna make a NR reaver deck for funzies and hope it gets buffed from all the nerfs

>that faggot that wants to sit and play his last 5 cards after the game is over
Like you're getting shit from me.

reavers will probably get nerfed bronze cards shouldn't be able to go to 30+ value so easily. or at least it's my wishful thinking

I'm sitting on 3k scraps and waiting for this alleged season end. I'm going to be full on butt blasted mad if I craft the wrong deck post patch

the season ends at the end of the month it's quite some time

>Reavers should be nerfed

kek

i know you like to play single player card games but reaver hunters can and will be nerfed sorry

-rethaz

I don't gg Spellatael or Radovid

> spelltael

hello time traveler. did you join us from the past or from the future when this deck reemerged?

>Reaver Hunters should be nerfed instead of monsters, Eithne, or SK

nobody said instead

30? You'd need like 5+ Reavers and other shit to get em that high. They're not that much different from pirate captain, spotters, etc.

Having Henselt deliver 3 of em on the spot tho, that's a bit broken but not always successful. Maybe cap Henselt to only pull out 2 of the same bronze? Won't be a huge nerf, less of a huge swing.

Nope just hate being scorched infinite times

> 3 reavers
there's a 4th reaver from operator and sometimes a fifth reaver if the other play is a retard and plays his operated reaver so henselt player uses summoning circle

combine that with nenekke and you'll realize soon enough why it's a problem.

I really wanted to like this game since I like card games and I like witcher, but honestly I'm not sure the Gwent format really works.

WAHHHHH I DISLIKE THIS TIER 3 DECK THAT'S INCONSISTENT AS FUCK AND RELIES ON DRAWING WELL

*queues discard skellige/monsters*

This

You need a perfect hand to play Reavers

if CDPR will balance the coin flip and some cards in the game there's no reason it won't work. but until it happens we are in a middlezone

maybe i dislike all equally unbalanced cards equally? as long as cards like current reavers exist decks like reveal/mulligan/movement will never be worth playing

this is not true

>I'm not sure the Gwent format really works.
How could you possibly come to this conclusion?

>maybe i dislike all equally unbalanced cards equally? as long as cards like current reavers exist decks like reveal/mulligan/movement will never be worth playing

NOT YOUR LUCKY DAY!

Real hard to deal with reavers who are stupid enough to go for the trio my bad.

Another thing to note is reaver decks are exceptionally weak to turn 2 pressure, winning round 1 and pressuring hard round 2 will force out the combo or at least important combo pieces early.

Learn the MU there is plenty of counterplay to it unlike monsters playing 14 power with each harpy at a minimum or skellige playing 3 18 strength creatures, a 7 strength gold and drawing their entire deck.

a good reaver player will use dandelion to break the possibility of having all his combo reavers igni'd. a good reaver player will also play sergeants + reaver scouts R1. play reavers from hand round 2 and then nenekke+shani+henselt them round 3

Reavers is arguably the highest synergy reliant deck yet that is the main problem?

the problem is that the value they give is too high. higher than witcher that are silvers for starters

Yea I assumed 4 reavers. The boosts get a bit confusing but assuming 4 and no other buffs:

You keep one reaver in hand and play the other 3, it goes 4->5->6->7. You Nenekke at some point the other 3.
Then you play him on round 3 and it goes to 8.
After Henselt it's:
10 7
13 10 10
17 14 14 14

That's 59+2 points, not bad for a 2 card combo. But individually the reavers aren't that big, nomore than the other buff bronze finishers. Henselt is the real issue.

the witchers are also only required for one to be played for the rest to flood out, reavers require at least two turns to set up and a hero power or for you to play them all from hand.

Its really apples and oranges.

kaedweni seargeants boost reavers to higher than 4 before you play them

also dandelion, it's true the core of the problem lies with henselt but he's already a 2 points leader and nerf his ability even more and no one will play him which is why reavers need to be toned down

it needs one card to pull out but the other two are mulligan nightmare, especially when it's a finisher you keep for round 3

if we are already talking about balance in gwent

reveal and mulligan's win condition is playing their big buffed bronze units round 3, both of these decks are some of the weakest in the game

discard's win condition is playing it's big buffed bronze units round 3 but also pulling huge tempo for the graveyard, it's the strongest deck in the game

this is why gwent is broken, some decks entire win condition goes down the drain with a single scorch while other decks have alternatives

After climbing up to 3.7K with reveal I decided to make an axemen deck with the few skellige cards I had, just so I could deal with Dagon. Just how shit is this deck? Should I craft Hjalmar?

> axemen deck
> no stammelford's tremors
you wot m8?

you can also add merrigold's hailstorm if you want, basically coral without the golden body. i'd take geralt aard too you can't damage units on the siege row with it and it puts all the eggs in one basket a single row weather clear guy could ruin things for you

not too sure about birna either. might be nice for grave robbery but you can also try golden weather with it. usually golden weather is shit but with axemen deck against opponent's with low amount of weather clears it could be strong. especially round 2 if you won round 1

>they are included in control decks as well

Yeah nothing wrong there. Harpys are fine too, everything is fine.

I didn't include tremors because most Dagons would just swarm the board, and I disliked being limited to just 6 units to damage, that's why Yennefer is in there.
I tried to go for a row stacking approach with Aard, that way Coral and lacerate could damage more units, so far I've only lost one match because of siege row stacking.
Birna has been a decent card, but unless I have 2 axemen on the board I don't get much value out of her outside of stealing a valuable silver to resurrect.
Until I get a better gold I'll replace Coral, in the mean time I'll craft hailstorm and replace Holger with it.

>play 3 golem in a row
>he ignis them
>now you fucked up bro
>tiny golem shits everywhere get buffed by triss butterfly
>end the game +70 with 15 units getting buffed each turn

I believe you mean Earth Elemental, friend. Please learn the names of the cards.

Cool just picked up Thaler from a keg

WHAT COULD IT BE ARE YOU EXCITED

Regis.

NOT

YOUR

LUCKY

DAY

IT'S ACTUALLY ONE OF THE FEW LEGENDARIES I HAVEN'T CRAFTED YET SO NOW I'M LIKE 5K SCRAP OVER A COMPLETE COLLECTION YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Pretty nice. Yenn is great in this meta.

Sweers or Ocvist?

Yup. I tend not to run spammy decks other than consume but I might stick her in some control decks to help prevent spam.

Also the dude who suggested Regis, Regis was the first gold I pulled when open beta started along with Leo. I've already paid my terrible vampire dues. I still haven't got a higher vampire though, another one of the good golds that I've just never bothered to craft.

Unless you really love playing nilf, Ocvist. Even if you love playing nilf Ocvist is better, but Sweers in Emhyr bounce memes is fun none the less.

Sweers is a meme. Ovcist never goes off. Take your pick.

I guess. Sweers only has a place in some mill builds, Ocvist sees play in pretty much everything that needs card advantage.

I miss playing Emhyr. I know he's bad, but bouncing rot tossers back and playing them again just feels right.

why do you have to be so good, jan calveit

The first deck I ever built was called "Enjoy Cows" and it was just about chucking cows with Emhyr and Cahir.

WHY ARE THEY GONNA NERF GRAVE HAGGGGGGG

I HATE IT AND ITS STUPID LA/UGHHHhh

Ocvist goes off occasionally in decks where you run a lot of high priority lock/removal targets. Ocvist is a good Olgierd replacement in a regular-ass dwarf deck. Modern Olgierd's 9 power gets in the way of reliably ADC/Brouvering both Dennis and Yarpen out, while Ocvist just does his own thing and will likely trigger because if your opponent has locks he's probably going to be locking resilient dwarfs instead of Ocvist.

Yeah, I did the same and climbed up to 3.5k with it. Good times.

Did they confirm they're going to nerf it? They really shouldn't.

Just picked up frightener

Today is spy day, apparently.

Which NG deck do you find to be consistent? Dashgaard or mill? I have some scrap and want to build an NG list as its playstyles are kind of interesting.

Would it really hurt if it needed one more turn to go off? So at least it can't be the very last card to play. That seems reasonable given the pay off.

i know right lol, so now i have djikstra, thaler and frigtener

fuck,
he is shitting...

It's the favorite part of his day.

c

Whatever. Assassin will fix that issue ezpz

>summons her with marching orders
Nice try guy

>dash
>mill
>consistent
lel. Mill loses outright to several unmillable archetypes, and gets out-tempoed easily
Dash can fuck itself with the mulligan alone, if you didn't get Ciri:Dick round 1 you may as well just quit
Spy is still the most consistent NG archetype, I run 28 cards and still manage to cycle through the whole deck in almost every game. Assire then wins you the game by making precision reshuffles

>tfw its also my favorite part of the day
>wake up
>drink strong coffee
>smoke a cigarette
>you feel it build up like a Vran Warrior going amok in your colon