/ovg/ - God Is Watching Over Us Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discuss driving games on Discord!
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGyXC4Gxf7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=21r0GbnKiLA
youtube.com/watch?v=DqhBh5GmSKY
youtube.com/watch?v=JYPfx_sKQms
phors.locost7.info/files/Beckman_-_The_Physics_of_Racing.pdf
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Holden&model=Commodore
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Ford&model=Falcon
dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

heckin always forgetting the last thread

The Crew is on sale, is that any good now?

>SnG released MENCS 2018 yesterday
/ovgturnleftcup/ when

Two years ago

Ok but that was rFactor 2

waiting for the obligatory "name a better game than PC2" post

when can we report for spamming again?

Yeah, it was better

the driving is a bit on the shit side but it's comfy as fuck and the map is really good if you're into just driving from a to b

>not getting it when it was free
user pls

>rF2
>Better

what do you boiis think of my Gulf livery paintjob for my model robit

never the netcode isnt good enough

>NR2003
>not obsolete once rf1 released

look at this nerd playing with toy robots lmao

Goddamn why is the GT sport menu music so fucking groovy and comfy?
youtube.com/watch?v=uGyXC4Gxf7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=21r0GbnKiLA

becausethey put too much effort into making the menus pretty because it's a game designed to be a screensaver

youtube.com/watch?v=DqhBh5GmSKY
best song comin thru

Supreme Feeling is my JAM

Let's meet up and fight.

weird fuckin way of spelling london in the rain
youtube.com/watch?v=JYPfx_sKQms

>Let's meet up and BoP
Fixed

Bump our Penises?

Belittle our Partners?

>rfactor
>2

Why are you posting my webm at me?

lmao stolen

r8 my livery

Subaru wrc livery on a Lancer/10

I think it could be better if you stretched it up so that the blue at least goes over the "Ridge" above the fuel lid.
Black wheels on a black car doesn't really work for me either.
I wish I could upload this but I used someone else's emblems for the hood.

Since we're doing liveries, I'll ask where do I go from here?
I don't want it too cluttered but the the sides are too boring.

Add a few anime girls and WAT stickers.

Name a better game

ur mom lol

enter the matrix, even fucking fahrenheit

What Gr. 1 cars should I look out for?

None

Pls

Should I buy Ride or pCARS 2?

>ovgrally in like 3 days
>no updated version
>no shilling
Fuck me lads

r2k guy set it up so that he could shill for his series instead and show that dirt rally is actually shit rally.

>Ride
no no no no no no
NO

fourth gen styling was a mistake

What's wrong with Ride?

With this color scheme your best bet would probably be using BP ultimate as the main sponsor (pic related). Atleast if you don't care about having sponsor stickers from a completely different era compared to the car

You were a mistake.

fuck ofcourse I forgot the pic

Is that why it was called shitrally, is that why it was 12 stages right off the bat, is that why it wasn't updated, is that why he deleted the league?
Damn.

He could have been more subtle about it, to be honest. Maybe next time.

it feels like shit if youve ever ridden a bike. if you havent its probably ok
bikes feel like they take too long to tip in and transitioning from side to side is a mess as opposed to the smooth flowing movement it is
also the game encourages heavy into corners as opposed to getting most of it done while upright
overall it just feeeels wrong
ride 2 is slightly better but still shit
also the events dont feel properly balanced. you can find an OP bike in the series and steamroll the AI. i remember entering a drag series with a blackbird. the AI had no chance whatsoever
lastly the sound is very ps2. i expected better

>liking a catfish coated in melted wax and its brother that got hit with an axe one too many times

>i expected better
>milestone

I mean, I guess I could make a league and an event that isn't heavy on the autism starting the weekend after this. That is if there is interest, in the half finished league we have 5 people, but I am unsure if that was due to the many stages per rally even that kept people away, of if there really is just 5 people here that are interested in a Dirt rally series.

This car is flawlessly styled.
(Forza's decal limitations notwithstanding).

yeah nah

>A fucking bar of soap
Okay now literally anything is better than that

its attractive fancy smelling european soap with snails inside

Is anybody in this race even using a wheel

phors.locost7.info/files/Beckman_-_The_Physics_of_Racing.pdf

want peer review on this article

thanks user, i've been looking everywhere for this

Well, it's not Ride 2, which is the best bike game since polyphony made tourist trophy

How do we fix /ovg/?

more serieses

>the best bike game since polyphony made tourist trophy
the state of motorcycle games is depressing

more fun

soon ;)

You don't.

start doing shit in brick rigs

we kill ovg and return to forza generals

I wouldnt mind that. Those were simpler times. All the leagues nowadays are just mediocre.

tldr too busy practicing

Pretty solid, user. Similar ground covered in "Speed Secrets" by Ross Bentley. Definitely worth you trying to apply it in game.

gt sport update fucking when, stop teasing us kaz
i'm ready to start a new one-off event but that needs to drop first

a 512 one off race?
because that's basically the only worthwhile car of the update
honorable mention for the le mans trio but ruined because le mans is only present in sport as a bunch of scapes

what game lets me drive a v8 supercar.
or any falcodore really.

Can anyone tell me how to manually edit the whiplash configuration files for online play, running dosbox on mac so can't use the whiplashlauncher.exe

I was gonna keep it under wraps until then, but fuck it. February's one-off is n800 90's supercars, with next month being n100 either 'ring or rally. I'm waiting for the viper, lambo, mclaren, xj220 if it's there plus whatever else shows up. along with the gt-r's and f40 there should be a healthy selection of cars to pick, and fingers crossed for a new track to break it in with.

igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Holden&model=Commodore
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Ford&model=Falcon

open dosbox.conf
find the ipx=false line
change it to true
start dosbox
type ipxnet startserver to host
ipxnet connect to join

Sweet thank you!!

im not r2k guy, i told you guys that i wont shill it as i am too lazy, there was like 5 ppl in the league so i killed it, i dont think theres too much interest in a shit rally league

Forza

>says nothing is set in stone and stuff will be changed based on peoples feedback
>people give feedback
>says he will update it and shill it after people brought up some feedback
>instead kills it off
>doesn't say anything, just a hush hush shot in the back in an alley
>with 3 days to go an no shilling, with autismo stage number
>im not r2k guy
Hmm

if i would have changed stuff we still wouldnt have enough ppl to make it even remotely fun, 5 people joining in a week is laughable i dont really want to put effort into something that is clearly doa

>forza is the strongest series in /ovg/
simbabbys btfo

>if i would have changed stuff we still wouldnt have enough ppl to make it even remotely fun
Know that for a fact do you?
>5 people joining in a week is laughable i dont really want to put effort into something that is clearly doa
>don't want to put in effort
>puts in literal effort to remove the league
>muh pride
I though you wanted to convince me you aren't r2kguy?

>No Mclaren P1
>No 918 Spyder
>No LaFerrari FXX
What is polyphony even doing?

also i dont understand whats the problem with 12 stages, with more stages it is a viable option to drive slowly avoiding mistakes

set up a league yourself then, i will be more than happy to join

not catering to 12 year olds

maybe because it takes an hour to finish it

>also i dont understand whats the problem with 12 stages, with more stages it is a viable option to drive slowly avoiding mistakes
Because it also takes a lot more time and effort.
You want to get everybody on board and then raise the bar so it's fun and challenging especially for the people who got the game and are getting into it.
What you don't want to do is set up long ass stages right off the bad with shitloads of bad weather because "then driving safe is a viable tactic"
It's like sex, you start off with foreplay then gradually build up to a satisfying climax. What you don't do is pull out your dick and start hammering that pussy at maximum thrust.

I just fucking might.
Though I agree that 5 people is on the "minimum" side and that 10 would be a healthier start.

Another thing is that ideally I wouldn't want the rally series overlapping with other series, but I have little idea when those happen.
So if there is people who are interested int he rally series but are participating in other series during the weekend, please notify me.

you have 3 days to do it and youhet up and come back anytime you want

I have
dirtgame.com/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
access, so i can set something up if you people want. I won't have much time to shill it though, so posting webms is responsibility of people willing to play it.

I can even set quattro vs 037 (mostly on the asphalt tracks, quattro is hugely OP anyways), since it was featured in the last grand tour. One week to finish, starting now, four small stages. I don't care much if it dies, but i'm gonna keep making new events as long as there are players willing to play it. Should i do it right now?

yeah do it

the contract is sealed. 037 and quattros incoming

event coming up in 15 minutes or so, i remember that setting it up with their web interface was buggy hell

you can setup yours, and I will tinker and make mine, which ever people think is more fun is the one we will do