Wtf happened? Why are they all so ugly?

Other urls found in this thread:

tacreationsusa.com/firebird_wheels.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

america's first foray into aerodynamics

>Why are they all so ugly?
You have really bad taste.

They're only ugly if you expected Detroit to recycle the same old boomer muscle aesthetics for eternity.

You know what's ugly? The lazy, blocky, cheap looking retro styling cash-in 2005 Mustang shitbarge that Ford replaced this sleek son of a bitch with. That thing is already aging absolutely horribly, while this thing is barely aging at all.

agreed. this thing is killer
t.yurofag

>I really like the look of new edge mustangs
>my dad and brother talk about how ugly and shitty they are whenever they’re brought up

I know that feel way too well.
>everytime I talk about 80's light sports cars, my dad always goes "son, fuck those old wheelbarrows"

same. I'm a sucker for classics. Have been talking about an old mini for ages. Saved up some cash and was super excited when my parents agreed to help me finance my first car, provided dad gets to choose it as he's an engineer.
>get home
>they blew my cash on a 2nd gen mini
y-yay t-thanks...
>the old one is a death trap son, you don't want one

>2nd gen mini
You mean the rover ones ? Or 2nd gen as in the BMW ones ?

bmw

ouch. How long have you had it ? Trust me, if you drive it a lot, especially on chill week-end pique-nique (preferably not on your own, but solo is okay too), you'll learn to love it in time.

I still dont understand the hate for the sn95, 5 speed rwd v8 with simplistic styling like the last gen gto and can be had for 2k-3k. I get it that “only 220 hp” but really its not hard/expensive to add on power for 300+ (Not that anyone would really use it)

Also you'll mess up and dent it badly enough you'll be thankful it's 'just' a mini. Girls will think it's cute, and bros will think you're fun for riding it.

>old = death trap
I got this all the time looking for my first, as long as youre not a complete idiot it should be fine

5 months now. It's fun and all, but I'm just not feeling it desu. I'm grateful for the help but imho I'd rather have rode the bus for an extra year and bought a real one myself.
It's ridden with small electrical glitches and my servo is on its deathbed. My power steering cut off today and a new pump is like 250 eurodollars used. It's too expensive for me to maintain and not old enough to learn to wrench on since I don't want to extra fuck up my main mode of transport.

anytime i see these on the street i immediately think of them as lesser than Honda kids

any time we see you we laugh because you're an old boomer cuck in 2 metric tons of sharp steel and no power to move it

because 90s and 00s car design is shit

shit forgot my selfie.

Now they do, but in the early 90s they were very sharp and modern looking. The 80s were over, boxy aesthetic was out, smooth soap aesthetic was in. Just compare the Fox to the SN95, the IROC-Z to the 4th gen and the Trans Am to the WS6.

New Edge SN95s are mint. Especially the Cobras, but Mach 1s are also bretty nice looking.

I kinda know this feel. My pops is a Chevy guy and hates Fords, especially Mustangs. He absolutely hates the sight of my Fox Body in our garage.

pops is right, he shoulda kicked your ass the second he heard you bought a mustang

His loss. My Fox is a road racer, full MM suspension, chassis stiffened, roll cage, the whole 9 yards. Currently building a 408W motor for it. When its all done it'll be a cross between a American Iron racer and a vintage Group A car.

>Why are they all so ugly?
only the mustangs were ugly, though. also
>mfw 4.10 gears and absolutely shitting on the 4.6l GTs with muh v6

Its not jdm enough

The Mustang looks fine, especially when you consider the ugly ass model it replaced. The Firebird has to be one of the ugliest cars around. Camaro is ugly but tolerable.

You're thinking of the 1934 Chrysler Airflow. Also, the 1969 Plymouth Superbird/Dodge Daytona that got aero banned from nascar, and the third gen f bodies were tested in a wind tunnel during development for what it's worth. I have a book with pics, I can scan them when I get home.

I know about Airflow and the yuge winged nascars, just saying that they were the first US soap cars

Turd gen Firebirds are actually more aerodynamic than any 4th gen.

New Edges are great, it's been reliable too. The Catfish is an absolutely majestic beast. It'll be the next car I pick up.

That isn't stock, though. An '84 Recaro edition has a drag coefficient of .31, and stock '85s-90s run with .32-.33. The 25th Anniversary pace car edition trans am had a drag coefficient of .30, stock.

>That isn't stock, though.

Except it is? 4th gens have a .34 drag coefficient.

It literally says using aero wheels not shown. The 25thAE pace car has the lowest drag coefficient off the factory floor.

here is the 4th gen concept car

How is a factory option not stock?

that looks way better than Pontiac's concept

here is another

Did you skip that part that says the car had a .32 drag coefficient when using stock wheels?

here is a mid-80's PPG pace car. this is a 3rd gen with 4th gen styling

Did you miss the part where an optional factory part takes it to .299?

This is a rare Callaway Camaro

I imagine its rare because nobody wants one

Pontiacs look a little better after the 01 facelift

the last gen firebird ws6 looks pretty sharp IMO compared to the base level trim.

Trans Am is the only good one. Killing pontiac and the fiero was a mistake.

Honestly view these as the ugliest of all of them.

Pontiac was dead after 1982 and the Fiero was the only interesting thing they had after.

You're retarded if you think they just slapped a set of wheel covers on there and suddenly dropped the coefficient by a couple points compared to the norm for every other turd gen ever made.

I'll bet those wheels weren't an option.

Those are absolutely horrendous. Nostrils all over the place. Also even after the facelift the popups still look utterly cheap and flimsy when they were up.

These are the standard wheels they're talking about.

You sure? I'm familiar with the turbo wheels but when you look up trans am aero wheels you get a plethora of results. Anything from bowling ball covers to your pic to the typical honeycomb.

I'm just saying that a random singular drop to sub .3 coefficient has to come from a bit more tweaking than "let's bust out the WS6 package wheels".

Uh oh

memes

also was the fourth gen mustang the american JEE TEE ARU? there's too many compilations of them larping as Nakazato and hitting guard rails, methinks if Ineeshal Dee was murrican, THAT would be Nakazato's car

tacreationsusa.com/firebird_wheels.htm

The whole point of Nakazato is that he had an expensive, world-class car.
American D, he'd have a Corvette; Takumi would be in the hatchback Foxbody.

This, I was gonna say he'd probably have a C4 Corvette ZR1.

>there's too many compilations of them larping as Nakazato and hitting guard rails
Which is funny because they're 4.90 meter long boats and only a complete fool would expect them to handle even remotely well.

>burger shingo

>referring to the 3rd gen Firebird as just "trans am"
The WS6 is a trans am too

burger shingo would drive a fucking cavalier

A bit old, but how about an Omni GLHS?

>Sn95 mustangs
>ugly
Choose One.

they're ugly as fuck and make 25 more hp than the base model v6 camaro

You know a car is ugly when someone defending the looks opts to post the rear.

I've never seen Corvettes spin out when giving the car gas, but Mustangs do. There were also a few other GTRs as well, so it wasn't that world class. It was a car that was fast in a straight line, and muscled its way through corners, in fact the world famous nordschliffe laptimes has the R35 nailing the straights while the C7 nails the corners.

There's nothing wrong with the front either.

t. also likes the zenki s14 and r33 gtr

you are right

Fucking this. This is exactly why I don't like the modern Challenger, Camaro, or 05-14 mustang. They all forsake weight, visibility, and not looking bloated and gigantic just for the awful retro design. I don't have any nostalgia for the 60s so they don't appeal to me at all.

Thankfully the 15+ mustang got away from the horrible retro boomer bait design, but the Camaro is still ugly trash you can't see out of and Chrysler is resting on their laurels with their 90s e class.

The dohc 4.6 is a beast, and the 2v along with the 4v take boosts and revs like crack addicts. Come back when an LS with stock crank and heads does a 5 second quarter mile.

Btw sn95 don't require a mullet and a cousin for a wife to drive.

>m-my cobra is faster than your base model catfish!

You forgot your trip, S/o/viet.

I have both a v6 catfish and v6 sn95. Am I worse than a busrider? Even the captcha is saying something.

All that and a mobile poster too. What's next, a pepe?

nah, gets you from a-b

Facelift happened in 98

that was not me

Totally awesome.

>I've never seen Corvettes spin out when giving the car gas
Here ya go
youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4

It's literally the best looking Mustang past the 60's.

New edge will be embraced in 10 years akin to the areo fox today.