Makes arguably the worst domestic passenger cars on the market

>makes arguably the worst domestic passenger cars on the market
>also makes 840 HP muscle cars shaped like bricks that go from 0-60 in 2 and change seconds
Is there any other car company with such a massive divide between their normal commuter car division and their performance/other divisions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsyJTRgtaCY
youtu.be/zCp-kE9sqxw?t=14m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least before they killed the Evo (still makes me cri evrytiem)

Fiat?

I feel like most American cars are like this.

Performance cars are top tier. But for some reason the commuter cars are all slow, heavy boats with gutless V8s in them.

>stuffing tuned truck engines in shoddy sedans/coupes is hard

>gutless V8
Meanwhile where I live most cars are sub 1.4 liter 4 cylinder shitboxes

The average American car has not had a V8 in it for ages homeboy

yo forgot
>btfo every "super" car in existence
>makes the best looking modern cars

>Dej makes the best looking anything
Fuck now.

>makes the best track car ever so far
>stop sales of them all together

What is wrong with FCA?

Coincidence?

>'Evolution'
>extinct
like pottery

Not quite...

better fucking stay extinct with that as a concept

Wasn't ferrari out of the FCA again?

It has an onboard AI that "matches the performance to your skill level".

this car company is america in a nutshell:
unsustainable mega extremes with shit middle ground offerings the best performance the worst gas milage

talks a big game if you have big bux otherwise it isnt very good

and when it talks a big game its not practical

good thing that Chrysler now has Fiat to make all the boring commuters to keep the company afloat while they can make shitty commuters nobody wants while making actual good performance bricks
Its pretty much how alpha romeo survived till now

FunFact the 500 is made in a dodge plant in NA

what happens if you put the Stig on it?

...Someone should get on that

>alpha

there's always Nissa-

It's an easy typo to make, it doesn't mean he's retarded.
When you type the word "alpha" 99% of the time you're not referring to the car make, so typing alfa is a rarity.
Just like when you see cunts type break instead of brake. Or mixing up the there/their/they're.
I catch my self doing all three if I'm not paying attention while writing.

>talks a big game if you have big bux otherwise it isnt very good
this describes german cars more than anything. for example, if you want a BMW to match or surpass an SS 1LE be prepared to shell out nearly 100,000 shekels.

more like Shiat

Is that the new Juke?

Z

If there's another Initial D in like 30 years with todays cars it would be actually credible that the GT86 beat the misfiringu sistemu guy
Although it would probably focus on crossovers racing from stoplight to stoplight to the mall

>buy Chevy
>materials look and feel like you're sitting in a Happy Meal toy
>starts rattling in a month

well maymayd

who cares if it rattles, just look at that

I stand corrected. Not a Happy Meal toy, a HotwheeIs toy. Although I can remember getting HotwheeIs in Happy Meals. Or maybe it was Burger King.

Maybe not a single company but: VAG

>base model polo on one side
>918 on the other

FCA is the same

Base panda on one side
La ferrari on the other

I wonder which company has the least 'spread'?

Toyota comes to mind since the LFA doesn't really touch stuff like the 918 and The Ferrari The Ferrari

Maybe Subaru but they're like 30% owned by Toyota.

>>starts rattling in a month
Yea, imagine paying extra for that experience.

>buying any german brand besides porsche

Actually Ferrari is its own separate publicly traded entity that trades under the symbol RACE while FCA is separate corporate entity that trades under the symbol FCAU

www.autoblog.com/amp/2016/01/04/ferrari-split-spin-off-fiat-chrysler-automobiles

McLaren?
its all super cars

Yeah, or Lotus, Morgan or any of the other some-bloke's-shed based British car makers.

The 3.6 pentastar V6 in the base level chargers is a great motor, the charger is a great commuter, and the awd variant is great in the northeast, lots of room in the rear, big trunk, best looks for its class, it's a great car at $19k new
The dart is a decent economy car and many shipped with manuals prime for the young first car market
The avenger is dogshit, always has been always will be

Other than trucks, what American commuter car can you even get with a V8 anymore? Chargers (which share the platform with the Challenger), Cadillacs (which are too expensive to be an average commuter car), and what else?

NVM that they had the viper until last year, which developed into amazing track car this final generation

Also note that Chrysler only got in the hybrid market with a minivan in like 2016 so fucking late

McD's was Hot Wheels. I still have the purple Lamborghini Diablo they gave me when I was 8

>caring about hybrids

They sell/lease a lot of RAM's. Jeep sells well for some reason bey-fucking-ond me.

The average American car is probably a full size v8 trucc though

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Its the fucking SUV from Crackdown

STACIES

Basically. The CCSB is pretty the modern day landyacht.

>polo
>not the up! with that retarded exclamation mark

>918
>Neglecting to mention the gt2rs
The gt2rs was alot friggin faster on the ring m8

>worst domestic passenger cars
>gutless poor performaning V8s

Ah yes, you think the fwd 300 hp V6 Taurus and impala is a superior choice to a rwd Charger R/T with a 375 hp/395 lb-ft V8? Wtf are you on?

>840 HP and only goes from 0-60 in 2.3 seconds.

Holy shit that is so pathetic. Any M3 would destroy this box-shaped cheap ass American garbage.

I actually had no idea that Chrysler and dodge have absolutely no smaller commuters like ford has with the focus and fiesta. I assumed they still had stuff like the 200 to compete with smaller stuff.
>faster 0-60 than a bugatti veyron
>m-muh bmw can go faster
go back to prepping the bull, fritz

Who else in here mopargang? Scat pack charger checking in.

What's wrong with the Durango? it is a pretty fun SUV to drive.

>he thinks his soyboy refugeebox can beat American muscle
Lol dumb yuropoor.

Look, idiot. Ferrari isn't part of FCA anymore and they NEVER shared ANY parts in the past AT ALL.

Giulia is literally a Ferrari sedan, Hans

If it's so easy why hasn't anyone else done it?

AL F A, my dear amerimutt.

Top kek

Haven’t thought about that game in a long time

>worrying about gas mileage
Fuck off soyboy

Couldn’t figure out how to fit side curtain airbags in it.

And a chevy Astro is a Corvette because the engines are vaguely related?

The Ford GT uses a supercharged 5.4l from an F150. The gen 1/2 Viper has a V10 that very similar to the v8 they put in the Rams. Hell I think you can get a 5.0 Coyote variant in an F150 these days, so it even goes both ways.

Some people even swap Ford 7.3s into cars:
youtube.com/watch?v=MsyJTRgtaCY

SUVs
every white soccer mom or country white trash thot wants a V8 Sequoia or similar

A lot of people do use their trucks to commute, so I would count trucks as commuter cars. But yeah most things American made will come with a V6 (with V8 option) with the exception of super small cars like darts, cobalts, etc.

This. Staceys and the people who buy them to impress staceys. And it's always wranglers with either winches, angry eyes, no doors, a super gratuitous lift kit, or all of the above

Don't forget about the ram SRT-10

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVWFD2YdZNw

>views dougs video
>instantly posts about the car and parrots what doug said on Veeky Forums

Every fucking time you autists

:^

Don't forget the multiple 50'' rigid bars and hi-lift jack. I just don't get why a woman or man would want one of these unless they off road multiple times a week. Maybe because Barbie drove a Jeep? They're so horrible at everything but off roading and they aren't even good at that unless you dump $20k into them. The guys that actually take them off road are douchebags.

But that took the engine from the snek and put it back into a truck.

>>btfo every "super" car in existence
>Viper still can't beat a Ferrari F40
>Viper still can't beat an RUF 911

lol dodgetards can gtfo

Nigga not even Ferrari can beat the f40

FCA created the best sounding car under 20k new.

T. Abarth owner.

>nigga
Back to detroit nigger

What if I told you I live in the city and don't care about how much power my engine produces while it sits in traffic.

That's why I got a motorcycle as well.

it isn't related in anyway you inbreed amerimutt

the modular was first put in a lincoln, not in a truck

Fellow eastern yuropoor ?

The build quality of the hellcats and demons are what you would expect from Chrysler. You can tell it's the same company.

Chrysler build quality is shit tier garbage.

It’s widely known the Alfa 2.9 L V6 is a variant of the F154 twin turbo V8 used in the 488 and California T

this

Toyota in the 80-90s
Holden in 98-2017 (HSV vs regular shit)
basically when shit like AMG STi TRD meant something and wasnt just another badge with decals and bigger rims

Back in the days when they matched dampers with springs. Now you just get shocks jacked down to fuck for the illusion of more immediate turn in that turns to shit if you hit two successive pebbles.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

this i bought fucking "custom" coilovers and i had to send them back to get the fucking damping/valving fixed because exactly that happened

rEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
e
e
E

>makes arguably the worst domestic passenger cars on the market
The charger is a rwd sedan that be configured to have insane power, even the base model is decent. There's also the viper, the iconic jeep wrangler, and they're the last company to offer a full sized truck with a manual transmission to name just a few things off the top of my head.

fuck off you dorks

youtu.be/zCp-kE9sqxw?t=14m1s

>2018
>Manually setting your launch control rpm in 100rpm increments
>now that's quirky

Wrong and wrong
>he thinks any dodge other than the snek looks good
kek

they didn't kill the pajero
...yet

>There's also the viper

not so fast

It's a Halo car
As in, it looks like a car from the video game Halo

That splitter would make for a good snowplow

Will the new Challenger be based on the Giulia? Or are they going with the Ghibli platform?

If an American car is sold today and it has a V8 there is a 90% chance it is an SUV or a pickup truck.

American cars all went 4 cylinder or V6 decades ago.

Funny how you conveniently ignore all the electrical and tranny problems on those pieces of shit cars

Sure look at all that trunk space, and oh my the engines are soooo reliable, too bad everything else it's absolutely garbage