/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Thanks for drawing my squid drawfriend!

- Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

Other urls found in this thread:

splatoon.ink/ink/
splatoon.ink/
booru.splatoon.ink/
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
imgur.com/a/eV8p0
imgur.com/a/NFzgv
leanny.github.io/splat2/
pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL
splatoonwiki.org/
splatoon.nintendo.net/
github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i like this game

you fucking idiot

Woomy!!!!!!!

>not saving the spawn for emergency specials when shit hits the fan

- Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Mayo won the Splatfest in all regions!
- Sploosh-o-Matic (Curling Bomb, Splashdown ) is back: twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512
> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

>View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

That is an abomination.

I just woke up and had a dream where you could play squid soccer, and Callie, Marie and an Agent would jump in if you were short players.

Callie won. in my dreams.

FUCK OFF DOT

>thread OP was ruin to just thank some faggot drawfag

i hate you so much

>drawfag enables retards to avatarfag
who'd a thunk

RUDE

Callie is for horrific sexual abuse!

plsno

The idea is to not overextend. If some idiot is flanking you but they barely have any ink coverage to maneuver in, just back off a bit and start firing, and you'll simultaneously cover their "ingenious" flank path and threaten to kill them. If you have nowhere to back up to, congrats. You overextended and got punished. You shouldn't have been that far up without good ink coverage behind you.

If your team gets wiped, that's that. Stay safe and build up your special, while providing a spawn jump location if they need it. Don't try to be a hero unless you're LITERALLY gonna lose if you don't rush in. If you get splatted too, you make it a 3v4 for your allies for a bit AND lower your special gauge.

The fact that she doesnt react makes it so much more hot

squiggas were a mistake

plsyes!
I prefer the happy trance, but you do you.

who is dot

>Three people on our team die
>The fourth one superjumps back to the spawn
Fucking WHY. This has happened TWICE today.

i don't know anyone except the green one because they're my favorite

>just like rush in and die 1v4
Great idea

ayy

as long as I am around to +Fresh all the furry art I see in my lobby, you are going to keep seeing furry art in yours, you bigots might as well learn to deal with it

jumping back to base is literally the same as dying
go literally anywhere else literally even just run in a circle and hold their attention literally

You can stand and fight, potentially weakening the enemy's advantage. You can hide, providing a good point for your teammates.

If you fucking jump back to the spawn you might as well have died, and gained absolutely nothing from it.

Blasters are for no skill niggers that cant aim

That's great. Thanks. I don't know of any color lock but I think that's for colorblind people. The mayo colors were from taking shots after splatfest had ended and not going into octo canyon or playing any lobby games. I don't have the mayo color anymore.

Thanks senpai. Do I have to go to spawn whenever I have my special ready?

tyrus if youre here, fuck you, i love you

>get a triple kill and die
>four of them are dead, three of us are dead
>look at map
>fourth guy isn't even on the path of the objective, just painting turf i guess?
he must have some sort of ulterior motive, or alternative strategy? right??

Uhhhm, no, sweetiepie. When enough people report a post, it doesn't matter how many "Yeahs!" it has. It gets removed.
And, uhm, honey? Even if it doesn't get removed, it'll stop appearing for the person who reports it. So, no, honey, I don't think so.
Oh, and by the way, I'm +Freshing all the posts except furshit, so consider your +Freshes useless. Sorry, sweetiepie. (:

Blasters require skill, just not the same ones as other weapons. It's more about positioning and anticipating enemy movement.

I posted this in last thread after it died. Do I stay at my current bonus level even when grizzco closes and reopens later, or does the bonus level reset? Is it a better idea to save up lots of bonus before asking for one, or should I ask for one as often as I have one? Does it matter?

Whats the best gun

>Blasters require skill

Ten ta tek

what the fuck happened to you user

Splattershot junior

Nah, just stay at a distance. Tenta missiles are pretty low risk, low reward, so just fire them when you're safe and enough of the enemy team is alive for it to make sense.

They do! You try one out and see what it's like.

It resets, but I dunno if the actual bonuses are kept in storage. It doesn't matter how long you wait before picking up your bonuses, so I suggest just picking them all up once you're done playing.

you might want to be careful there roodypoo, nintendo might actually start monitoring the system once they get enough complaints about the current system being abused :^)

>doing some painting or something else stupid
>get missiles, fire off on 3 players
>do some more painting
>get doublekill

Vanilla splattershot

Do headphones use more or less power than the speakers? I love listening to the music.

I saw some user talk about using Tenta Missiles 9 times per game with Special Charge clothing and it made me want to become part of the problem

How do I do it to perfection, and what other specials would work similarly

I've gotten a game winning triple kill with tenta missiles once, it was satisfying as fuck. Most tenta missiles aren't that successful, but it's always funny when I get a kill with it.

Probably less

l-literally!

Actually honey, they already monitor it. They haven't stopped it because they're valid reports. (:

>try one out
>point cursor in general direction of enemy
>delete them
Bonus points if using the rapid blaster to delete people before they can even think of getting in range to shoot you

>botching the final three notes on Inkoming!
GRRRGHRGRGJGRGHJGHRFRGHF

>I've gotten a game winning triple kill with tenta missiles once
when did they add team deathmatch into the game?

That's what I'm talking about. If the enemies race around enough that none of the paint from my missiles overlap, I consider it a successful special. Getting kills is a treat.

How do you get two kills with one charger shot?

source: my ass
for the moment, it's all automated, but that will soon change thanks to asshats like you

Is Comeback any good?

>honey
>(:
someone's mad lmao

Much worse than in the first game since specials are less game changing.

Dead people can't contest objectives in any game mode

Wait, is Judd immortal from whatever cryo-sleep process or pre cataclysm experiments or something? I never stopped to think about how it's a bit odd that he was in the 5,000 year old Inkling hieroglyphics.
Judd is so mysterious.

You know as well as anyone that wiping the enemy team at the right time can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Headphones use more power but it's negligible compared to just running the game in the first place

5,000 years have passed, but... i do not age

>the absolute state of anti-furries
just take the L

Someone besides me make a non-shit thread

Keep calling me honey it turns me on

This is a great thread, what are you on about?

its weird how you furfags use the most nigger-ish language even though you all sit in your houses the entire day

Can't we just turn this thread into a non-shithole thread? When your life sucks, you can't just try again, you jugt make something out of what you got.

Also it's kinda of a free echolocator on top of all that. Using the Jet can't tell you how many times I get a good lock on the enemy team, see how an enemy is going to avoid the missiles and head them off to splat them with my gun.

Im not a furry but can you please keep this kind of posting style to reddit

Wisdom

What are cats...? We just don't know...

To be honest, I like Rainmaker the most because winning it feels so good.

It's been 10,000 years since human civilization ended. Judd awoke 2000 years before Splatoon 1, judging the Great Turf Wars and the Ancient Turf Wars. So he's 12,002 years old, with Lil' Judd less than 2 years old.

I do it for my queen

Is the scientist that went into stasis with judd the rattmann of splatoon?

I liked marina initially, but I'm really disappointed with her personality in the NA localization. Like 90% of her comments are just put - downs to pearl, and some of then aren't even that good . I hope the character writers decide on a new direction for her when they add dialogue. Pearl is all peppy and hyped up, and Marina is a total downer in most of their exchanges.

why did they make such an ugly character

Splat Dualies

I can't believe I overlooked this so long, Judd is really important and kind of an enigma. I wonder if they had something more exciting planned with his story but never bothered for some reason, since he's in a bunch of the sunken scrolls. How is he so long lived and intelligent?

Maybe goblins are the hot new thing in Japan

The scientist didn't go into stasis, he's dead.

She's a 5head bratty princess. It's an old trope.

He went into stasis with judd. Judd woke up and the scientists' stasis pod was gone along with his body.

Maybe the Judd we have now is Judd the 200th and Lil' Judd is 201st. I see no reason why the cloning machine wouldn't work many times.

Judd awoke just before the Great Turf Wars and became the judge of them.
Then he declared his greatest judgement: "This place isn't fresh enough, I'll come back in 2000 years"

And thus the Inklings worked to become as fresh as possible so that Judd will judge them to be worthy.

Drawfriend here, couldn't rotate for the OP pic? I'm disappointed.

More importantly, where the hell did the little one come from?

There's nothing saying the scientist went into stasis too, this is pure headcanon. What we do know is an inkling janitor tripped over the chamber's power cord, yet the machine stayed on. Likely this triggered the cloning mechanism that produced Lil' Judd.

This.

No one gives a shit about your stupid opinion. Just draw my damn pictures.

Just kidding user, thanks for the OC

daily reminder that inklings are just squid furries
the only personality suitable for octo scum

>ugly
stop this meme right now!

Would Splatoon's single player work better if it were set out more like Mario 64?

Read the sunken scrolls in octo canyon

Sunken Scroll 27 shows that Judd's capsule is programmed to create a new Judd if you turn it off an on.
Sunken Scroll 26 shows that one day an inkling custodian accidentally tripped over the plug.

But it is. How were you supposed to know to squid into the kettles?