What's this boards consensus on mopeds/scooters?

What's this boards consensus on mopeds/scooters?

My first car, a total shitbox, has rusted all the way through to where it can't even be put on the lift. Was a gift from my parents, I've never had enough money at once for a decent car. I live on my own now that I've used said car to move away, and can't afford to buy a decent one now that I'm paying rent. However, I do have enough for a new scooter.

Anybody have experience with these things? What brands are good, decent, and plain old bad? I have a shop nearby selling pic related which I think is real nice - but hey, it could be a piece of shit. Idunno. That's why I'm here. 49cc scooters are preferred as 50cc classifies as a motorcycle which requires insurance while 49cc does not.

Just to clarify, pic related is a Bintelli Breeze 50

>boards
>consensus
da wae
do ya know it?

Pic. somewhat related.. i'd like google street-view to drive it.

You're not helping

50cc scooters are great unless you have to drive on even slightly busy roads. I used to live in a very small town and rode one all the time. I moved to a bigger town that most people would still consider pretty small and I constantly felt like I would be killed on it. I got rid of it.

I have a tomos a35. Best thing ever.

I mean you might as well get a 250cc motorcycle unless you're absolutely hard up for cash and need transportation

Also IDK what cunt you're in but in the USA motorcycle insurance is usually cheap for a 250

scooters are great around town

avoid chinese shit. taiwan (kymco etc.) is good though. Piaggio, Honda, Peugueot are higher tiers but 49cc scooters genrally aren't very expensive.

Are you sure a bicycle won't work? Short distance a bike is cheaper and easier, long distance a small scooter could be miserable anyway.

Really depends on where you live / drive.

Mah nigga. That was my ride from 14 to 16.

But gy6 motors are cheap and easy to work on.

I just scored a stretched ruckus knockoff with a 150cc for 600$ cant wait till the weather warms up.

I don't know much about GY6 but I've heard bad things abiout chinese scooters in general. fll quickly apart.

I had a 125cc Yamaha Cygnus scooter. japanese compay but made in taiwan. very nice and top quality.

have a tomos
its clapped out piece of shit

Universally awful.

I have one of those, and two other scooters, 50 and 70cc
The Tomos is the slowest and loudest by far, after 40kph the gears in the trans drown out the exhaust noise. Tops out at 65kph

slovenac, hrvat, bosanac, srbin ili talijan?

I had a Tomos APN4, my father clapped it out to go 100+km/h when he was a lad.

I would recommend
Yamaha BWS 2T if you want to go fast
Honda Ruckus 4T if you want to stretch + slam

I like the BWSR the most, but it has a vertical minarelli which is a little harder to find parts for than a horizontal. but at the same time almost all scooter parts are interchangeable and work in multiple cases. Usually the kickstarts are some stupid proprietary design though

I've had my 70cc Yamaha up to 125 kph, the trade off is that there is no power in the bottom end. My clutch wont even grab until 9000+rpm

my name a borat. is very nice..... i love sexx

she patched up real nice tho. next owner will be in for big surprise