What do you guys do about insurance? You all have cars, so I assume you have insurance as well

What do you guys do about insurance? You all have cars, so I assume you have insurance as well.

>so I assume you have insurance as well.
you assumed wrong

How much would insurance be for a 18/M driving a Chevy blazer 2001

Oh hay, posting works for me now.

More to the point, I've reluctantly had Nationwide for as long as I've had the car. In my narrow-minded world view, all I knew about insurance was:

1.) you need it
2.) it costs more until you pay off the car in full
3.) your costs don't go down until you've driven for 5+ years

After a prior spat with Nationwide several years ago, calling to complain that it's been over 5 years (why am I paying more for my paid-off car while a friend of mine is paying less for his just-bought, new car?), they switched me to a different agent and I was only paying something like $340 every six months.

But I've been noticing the past couple of bills that it's been steadily increasing. My last bill was $470 and now my upcoming bill is $495!
I thought insurance was supposed to go down when you've driven for so long in a car that's already paid off!

Fucking bullshit, I say.

I get fucked up the ass financially

what are you trying to ask?
how to get insurance?

Hook it up to my bank account for monthly payments so I don't have to worry about lapsing.

Oh also I moved from one state to another, which resulted in a pretty substantial cost drop. lol at fags in expensive states.

No, first I was trying to see if I could even post. I made a well thought-out post yesterday, but Veeky Forums was fucking up left and right.

My main point was whether or not there was any potential problem if I switch my auto insurance from Nationwide to Progressive.
Currently, Nationwide is increasing my rate for no reason. My car is no longer new, it's paid off, and I've driven for more than 5 years, those are the criteria that I was brought up to believe in which makes my insurance rate go down.
Is there some clause where my shit gets more and more fucked every bill?

I played around on Progressive's website, gave them all my details, and they quoted me at only 230-something every 6 months. I even added shit like Comprehensive coverage, collision with a $250 deductible, $40 per day rentals, etc. and it was still half of what I'm paying with Nationwide, the company I've had for 10 years.

I just want to know I can switch without there being some sort of hidden bullshit, like a hit on my credit score, or loss of accrued insurance points that could go towards the purchase of a new car, or whatever the fuck like airplane miles or something. Anything potential CON that would make me not want to switch.

I only have liability insurance (mandatory) which goes for $80 a year.

Ask an insurance agent.

I live in the DC area which has some of the worse drivers in the nation. I pay $350 annually for a goddam Camry.

ANNUALLY, as in once a year?

Why the FUCK am I paying almost $500 every SIX MONTHS?

I went through my credit union and the rates were 200 a year less than Allied or State Farm.

USAA and it includes my renters insurance for a total of about 140/mo. Just liability, fuck a lease always buy used and tell insurance errythang is stock

Insurance merchant here, AMA.

insurance never heard of it, i dont use insurance only a american would use insurance.

In my country, it is mandatory to have an insurance for every vehicle you own and is in active use. Police check this on road insepctions along with your ID and driving licence.

>finish off the guy you ran over and run away

I went with the standard progressive insurance, 23, 2011 BMW, it's $91 a month. Not too bad honestly. Bare minimum was only 50 a month.

You're a new driver.
You probably have a shitty record.
You probably have "boyracer" taste in vehicles which are probably in high rate groups.

GEICO loves to throw discounts at you. I scrolled through their list of partner organizations and found an academic club I belonged to in college and they gave me a 10% discount.

I'm OP, plz read

So is there any real penalty for switching auto insurance? It's not like I'm insurance-hopping or anything. My Nationwide policy is up by the 8th of next month. I have until then to iron all this shit out.

No. Just let your current coverage expire and then switch to a different company.