/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Sepia Tone Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
store.steampowered.com/app/545060/BULLET_SOUL_INFINITE_BURST/
>Graze Counter
store.steampowered.com/app/629440/Graze_Counter/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Castle of Shikigami (Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
>Dangun Feveron M2 port (PS4)
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z0yj5IDdI
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
kourindou.exblog.jp/25711799/
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tUF1DoLuhpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I tried updating the OP as needed. I feel like I probably messed at least one thing up.

>When I ask how Chinese players feel about arcade emulation, he tells me serious score hunters won't accept MAME as an option.

>look mom i posted it again

>tfw not a serious score hunter
>tfw will never be respected by the chinks
>tfw forever a casual piece of shit

yeah they prefer gotvg instead

Boop

Dark Souls is more hardcore than shit em ups

so how's Raiden V?

I'll save us!

Bahmpu before early bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

Mendoukuseina Caspa

aside from stg, if you have good latency playing on gotvg is pretty fun desu

Bump before bed. Try to survive. Do it for Casper.

daily reminder retard kraut thinks if the dark souls speedrun sucks then ALL speedruns suck, what a silly goober.

The allure of finally reaching the loop in DFK is addicting. I can't help but restart now if I miss a bee, which sucks because the positioning of Stage 5's bees can go eat a dick.

t.

please don't post that vile thing here, made me urge coffee through my nostrils. I really hope every shmup tranny realises cosmo is the face of trans ie ultimate self destruction and works towards cleaning themselves away from those dire chemicals to become simply respectable gay men.

>which sucks because the positioning of Stage 5's bees can go eat a dick.

You must feel right at home.

what speedruns don't suck?

cv4 and tony hawks 2/3, both have insane skill ceilings and execution. Nes ninja gaidens are good to.

at least, speedrun community has cute girls

"gotta go fast" that's how i feel when i see them to.

shmup speedruns

>shmup speedruns
gradius 4 port actually has this, it's a timed boss rush.

i guess any boss rush is fitting for speedrun

ONLY IF BUILT IN TIMER AND INTENDED OTHERWISE IT'S ARBITRARY AND NOT A REAL CHALLENGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*suicides and avoids items to control rank that you can't even see in-game*
JUST LIKE IT WAS INTENDED BRUH

I got my first 2nd loop savestate in DOJ! It's such a small accomplishment, and I know the hard part just started, but it feels pretty good to even have that milestone.

Should I try to get into the loop on a legit run now, or start practicing/playing the loop? My gut tells me I should keep doing the first loop for now.

i'd practice loop if you intend on beating it, becouse you need to put more hours into something hard and first loop will probably seem easy afterwards.

>no-miss strikers 45 til 2-6
>lose 4 lives at 2-6
I fucking hate that last part of the stage and the boss

>no-miss strikers 45 til 2-6
damn, that's nice

Yea, my strats are pretty save with p-51 now, but 2-6 is just too hard for me

>>lose 4 lives at 2-6
Fucking how? you could of just bomb spammed through.

only for survival, ddp and daioujou have harder 1st loops to chain and harder to survive 2nd whilst the chain timer is much more lenient in the loop. The matic said the other day how much scarier/harder the first loop is when you play for SCOAR.

I know, but I really dislike using unplanned bombs. And as a panic button, the bullets are just too fast.

>but I really dislike using unplanned bombs.
More fool you dipshit, with that many lives you could of made it to the end, inexperience speaks volumes.

I didn't deserve seeing the end yet, anyway.
I first must practice the last levels more. I'm still very bad at them.

>I didn't deserve seeing the end yet, anyway.
>I first must practice the last levels more. I'm still very bad at them.

Read this in bruce lees voice desu.

Good point. Guess I'll start playing the loop tomorrow, then. Need to rewatch some 2-all videos; after actually fucking around in 2-1, it's become much more obvious how tight my route needs to be.

Not interested in score just yet. Getting this 2-all has been my goal ever since I became interested in shmups that aren't Touhou.

That said, I definitely will score DOJ sometime.

>ditching the poohou

Congrats on reaching adulthood user.

Ready for this weekend /shmupg/ ?

>ditching the poohou
I didn't ditch Touhou; I still boot up PCB and SA every once in a while. I'm just not focusing on them. I still really want Lunatic clears in those two, as well as Lunatic clears in LLS and MS, and beating SoEW's and PCB's EX/Phantasm stages.

>every time i do a run in ccwi i get pb
DANMAKU WORLD RECORD here i cum

dumb slowdown, stupid hitboxes

Finally I managed to go through the 5th level in Fantasy Zone. My run was almost perfect (for my skill) and I even passed the 6th level, losing my last life in the mid of the 7th.
As some told me here 2 or 3 months ago, I took a break. The first one wasn't long enough but the second one helped me well. My skill was about "I've never encountered the 5th stage boss", now "I am almost sure to meet the 5th stage boss and passed it once".

The best part was obviously when I saw my score going from 127k to 174k.

i hope for torrents

you get one million points for every saving life on the end

Even for lifes I bought ? Anyway I still have two level and bosses to pass, but it's good to know this.

last boss will surprise you

Are you trying to scare me ?

Gotta stay fly!!!

After 1ccing metal slug I have been wondering If I should try a shmup. Samurai aces maybe.

play donpachi

>touhou
>speedrunning
desu? purge this thread

jesus crist

youtube.com/watch?v=tUF1DoLuhpg

cringe

the king of shmups, everyone

*swims through the thread*

Cave has always been a business company before being a shmup developer. At least they are still alive. As long as they sell cute girls they have my blessing.

>As long as they sell cute girls they have my blessing.
Call me a dad but they don't have mine, and them being still alive in this pitiful form means nothing to me.

Is there another game where the FIRST GODDAMN BOSS can fuck up inexperienced players in unorthodox ways?

Not like in Satazius. It pretty much has the coolest first boss encounter in any shmup.

>Call me a dad but they don't have mine, and them being still alive in this pitiful form means nothing to me.
It's pretty sad to see them go the muhammad ali way instead of just walking away at their peak.

>Is there another game where the FIRST GODDAMN BOSS can fuck up inexperienced players in unorthodox ways?

chorensha kinda maybe?

redpilled man

Does aqychong pay you to advertise him or something?

The face of a man who turned his back on shmups for the hopes of twitchbux and speedbumming.

i think he is done with shmups

soon he will done with speedrunning too, it hurts hand/wrist as bad as shmups

But will he turn his back on his manhood?

>soon he will done with speedrunning too, it hurts hand/wrist as bad as shmups
Is that why he quit? Sticks are cancer for that shit, i've never had issues since switching to pads 4 or so years ago.

>But will he turn his back on his manhood?
No he won't join team tuckit if that;s what you mean.

>i think he is done with shmups
I feel this to, shumps require way more effort and offer less in return and personal satisfaction isn't always enough for some.

I'll add that i became a much better player with pads to although i think this had less to do with input method and more to do with a more logical approach and better understanding of practice and routing.

gimme strats for stage 4 boss mushi maniac

depend on what kind of game pads could be bad too, like that special attack technique for bosses in ninja gaiden nes

Well yeah to much of anything can be damaging obviously but the point is to find the balance and most comfy setup for you to minimize the chance of issues and whether you get them anyway also has a genetic/luck factor. Nes pads are obviously extremely primitive and therefore not ergonomic in the least, i find ps1 pads work the best for me and i do a small dpad mod to give it more raise and movement by simply removing the obstructing cross and skimming the face so it sticks out more. It also comes down to other life factors for example if aquas has an office job or whatever then you have the fatigue of computers on top of the free time stuff and rsi becomes a greater likelihood, you just have to be smart, efficient and do what works for you and think long term.

I always wanted a thing called tuna sahimi.

Anyone got a dl link for blue revolver 1.11?

store.steampowered.com/app/439490/BLUE_REVOLVER/

At this point it's probably too late to say I -dislike- Mahou Otome, but as time goes on I find myself more and more indifferent towards it. They've got something that works, it's likely the only thing that keeps the company alive, so they're buckling down and milking it for all its worth. It's almost fascinating how shamelessly they'll plunge into it, but I suppose they've done weird things before. Really the only reason I keep playing it is in the hope that they'll eventually do more Deathsmiles-related events. That I care about for some reason. Also Rosalie's kind of cute but I could take or leave her.

They've started another one of those popularity contest things between the 10 main characters. So that'll be a fun two weeks to waste away while Cattleya BTFO of everyone, and the 5 demons try desperately to beat even the least popular of the 5 maidens. Because that's what always happens.

Gachage was a mistake.

Have you ever thought about playing other shmups or do they have to have perfect waifu aesthetics before you'll even look at them?

Stage 4 boss is graceless and unpredicta le. Pretty much have to be ready for him to whatever the hell he wants, when he wants to.

>away while Cattleya BTFO of everyone
As expected of best girl

His first two patterns are typically the most randomized. Consider spending a bomb here turn through his health faster to get to his break point earlier.

ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the result of being btfo by local dad shit

I have, from time to time. I've been curious to give an attempt at one of Psikyo's games, or perhaps CCWI. Why?

I supported Rosalie's team during the last two contests, but I don't think I can be assed to try very hard this time.

is there any way to emulate deathsmiles?

yes, i think on mame

just download torrent

link?

Search for it on goatse.cx, you'll find it.

>link?
its easy as fuck to find you retard spazzmo, fucking learn to google.

>Why?
why not? seems a little self starving to only play one game in a genre simply because of something as silly as character design when there's a whole heap of great games.

now i hate deathsmiles poster, he is really retarded

PM'd you the link :)

sorry if our guy harry isn't a casual piece of shit like you buddy. you would never understand his dedication to deathsmiles.

>you would never understand his dedication to deathsmiles.
top kek you're right i don't as it seems to involve everything apart from actually playing it.

Just saw a cute video of an octopus!
Octopodes in Darius WHEN?! We've already got squids, but it's not quite enough.

rise from your grave