/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #863 - Uniform Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tails'_Skypatrol_enemies
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntm2MQmTwx4
youtube.com/watch?v=xBUhdjrObrk
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-09/sega-embraces-rogue-fan-programmers-with-retro-sonic-game-sequel
m.youtube.com/watch?v=McC4-n4J9Zo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sonic is quick

Oh shit, didn't notice we were so close to the bump limit. Well here's the full repost. No Bomb because it's not a Badnik

If I were to work on another game which should it be?

BOMB

Woke up in a weird mode, and I wanted to mildly redesign Sonic characters. Nothing major, but just my own spin on things.
I had to start with my nigga, Silver. What do you guys think? should I do more, or is it a waste of time?

what do you guys think of my new oc?

I'd really love to see you do 2 and 3&K eventually

>Not getting rid of his pothead

Literally pointless

sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tails'_Skypatrol_enemies

I didn't want to totally overhaul specific character aspects, would it be better if he say, only had 3 points instead of five?

Not bad. I like the gloves on Silver.

fake and gay

Everyone called you out on the /v/ thread. What gives you the idea that /sthg/ of all places would fall for this?

It's hard to say, I never liked the spikes. It felt way too tryhard compared to the hedgehogs that came before him

I actually love the romhack this comes from.

I love it when these fake leaks use backgrounds from fangames and rom hacks. Better than just using official level graphics and claiming that they came back for mania.

That's fair, but I don't want to omit them outright, considering that's part of his core design and it's at least different that Sonic and Shadow's
Thanks, but I'm still wondering if people here would like to see more

That's because Mania is a fangame.

I love it when fans make better games than Sega

STARTING LATE, BUT X REPLAY ON NOW!

which one was that? i remember watching it in one of r&z's vids but i forgot the name

Shadow as a G.U.N soldier feels really strange. Like, would there still be some animosity in some regiments towards him. Obviously no open hostility, what could they really do to him? But he hurt soldiers in both SA2 and StH, feels like that don't just dissappear.

The Next Level by MarkeyJester.

Sonic The Next Levels or something. Could be wrong.

I don't think he hurt any actual people in SA2. It was all robots and mechs. Hurting GUN soldiers in Shadow is entirely optional and only in a few levels, and the canonical path according to Iizuka is pure hero anyway.

That being said, I prefer the idea that Shadow is technically independent but works alongside G.U.N. for mutual benefit. He works with them but not for them.

nope youre right
just looked it up

>canonical path according to Iizuka is pure hero anyway.
[citation needed]

Why do people make fakes? Why lie?

Really? I could swear that part of Sonic's arrest warrant had murder on it. The first boss in Dark story was also piloted, not just a machine. So they just let the pilot go after disabling it? When Eggman was more then willing to kill in this game? Seems strange.

Shadow is faster than Sonic.

Are you gonna say this every thread?

I don't recall Sonic or Shadow having a wanted poster. I only remember Tails', which didn't have any specific crimes.

but he's got a worse game than Tails

No, I'll stop once all Sonic cucks have been BTFO and admit that Shadow is better.

Gamma is taller than Omega

Yeah but Shadow will never be hugged by idols

But his game's OST isn't as funky as Knuckles' Chaotix.

Lol come back when Shadow is playable outside of a spinoff.

No, they were just after Shadow because he stole a Chaos Emerald and destroyed some G.U.N. robots. They arrested Sonic because they thought he was Shadow. They do look very similar.

Probably for being an accomplice to Sonic, who was publicly thought to have stolen a Chaos Emerald, in addition to Sonic and Shadow's destruction of G.U.N.'s robots.

Yeah but that's Espio's game

Precious cuties.

It's not fair. I want to hug Sonic.

>tfw μ's is dead

Don't let your dreams be memes, user

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntm2MQmTwx4

Don't remind me, user. I'm still waiting for some redemption with Aqours in a few months

Not quite related but I'm kind of surprised that Sonic doesn't have a crossover with Show By Rock!! amongst other semi-related crossovers

Shit, i'm trying to get a PS4 controller to work with Nox for Sonic 1 and 2, but not only is Steam getting in the way, I can't seem to find viable control bindings.

Sonic's speed suit is still one of my favorites. But I also like to think of him wearing his Ice suit in any cold stage.

/sthg/ has some pretty gullible people.

Knuckles a qt

youtube.com/watch?v=xBUhdjrObrk

>Chao Garden x Stardew Valley

You think SEGA would have released something like this, at least as a downloadable on the DS digital store or something. I know Sonic isn't as popular in Japan as he is here but something like this would have boosted it at least a bit, right?

>"unlike sonic I don't chuckle"

Your favorite Sonic character (Or just any character really) goes into the universe of the last non-Sonic thing you read/watched/played, what happens?

Sonic characters in Dragon Ball, because it's not like it's been done before.

>All in the Family
He has a mildly unpleasant evening in mid 70s New York

I'm staying with my grandparents and they don't have cable

>Sonic in a Nascar game
Sonic would lap those slow cars so many times.

Do Sonic 2 next!

Splats Gal is my new waifu

>Shadow in Risk of Rain.
He doesn't deserve this, but I think he'd manage to not die horribly and figure out what he's supposed to be doing.
At least assuming the atmosphere is breathable, but then again when has that ever stopped a sonic character?

With all the franchises and companies Sonic has worked with directly, what would you like to see crossover with Sonic that hasn't been done before?

e.g:
Coca Cola - Fanta/Sprite, no Coca Cola
Toei - Yugioh/Digimon
Capcom - Monster Hunter/Ace Attorney, no Mega Man

So who do you think will be able to return to the comic with IDW? The freedom fighte-- I mean the "Fr' don Fih' tahs " belong to Archie right? Or SEGA?

>Blazblue
Knuckles might be a not shit grappler in that.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-09/sega-embraces-rogue-fan-programmers-with-retro-sonic-game-sequel

They belong to Sega who literally don't care about them

The only characters they don't own are Lara Su's family of Knuckles recolors

Fucking hell, did X do Amy no justice. And I would ask what was the point of episode 52's ending given how episode 69 referenced it, but I remember S3 wasn't supposed to happen.

Nobody really knows.

Eggman looked like a bald hunchbacked weirdo in Sonic CD

>Mighty in Darkest Dungeon

the fuck, not having a job has stressed the guy out enough

He always looked creepier and more intimidating in CD, and I used to think that before I knew you could get permanent good futures and thus had to deal with bad future boss fights, he specifically looked aged or something for the encounters.

>Risk of Rain
My nigga. What class?
I just want Sonic/Transformers because there's potential for some amazing character interactions, especially if you include non-game characters
Hypothetically, the FFs could return. I doubt they will though

This. SEGA may not have any problem with IDW using stuff like the Freedom Fighters - they were even letting Archie pull from AoStH for a bit there - but I wouldn't be surprised if they said no either. SEGA was also the reason we didn't get Cream or Omega for a long fucking time in the comics.

SEGA and Sonic Team are fucking weird when it comes to that shit, only time will tell. Not a very satisfying answer, I know.

>Sonic/Transformers
Well considering how crossover-happy IDW has been recently you may get your wish. The IDW Transformers have crossed over with the Avengers, GI Joe, MASK, ROM, that one martian movie from the 90s that was pretty great. It's not impossible at this point.

And losing his sister again? (Who I'm shocked that no one has requested art of her before)

What's the proper combination /sthg/?

Too bad she got wiped out by Penders' lawsuit solely because she was mentioned in his run long before she was even properly introduced.

I play a lot of classes. Commando, Mercenary, and Engineer are my current favorites.

unless you meant which class Shadow would be in which case I just figured that he'd be himself with a few guns from ShtH

No it's plenty clear. IDW will probably bring them back. Looking at their other comics they excel at Nostalgia. The FF may return but I wonder more how they'll look

>Well considering how crossover-happy IDW has been recently you may get your wish. The IDW Transformers have crossed over with the Avengers, GI Joe, MASK, ROM, that one martian movie from the 90s that was pretty great. It's not impossible at this point.
That kind of makes me excited, albeit the tendency for these crossovers to actually matter instead of being standalone annoys me, especially since in the case of Revolution I only care about Transformers so I'm gonna be super fucking lost when I read that.

But a Sonic/Transformers crossover with the artists who worked on Windblade would be fun as hell
You got good taste. Never could handle Merc well though

Speed and platforming aren't as important as story/writing and combat

Unleashedfag pls

Amy in X, especially in episode 69, was so unbearable. I don't blame Sonic for fleeing, especially with her trying to put a love spell on him. She got what she deserved at the end of that episode when Tails and Cosmo got together instead of Sonic and her. If SEGA wanted to make make likable, they surely didn't do a good job.

>tfw no bunker buster qt armadilless ever again.
>tfw Penders releases foot fetish art of her

>Sonic 2 has speed
why does everyone say this about its level design

That applies up until like Chemical Plant, past that it's mostly strange platforming. Most of Sonic 3/Knuckles' stages were far more rollercoastery in nature.

Am I the only one who noticed Eggman acts flirty to the female characters

>Blaze in Ristar
Maybe she'd like planet Scorch?

>Blaze in Doom 2016
either this would end in a surprising amount of melted demon gore, one dead cat, or one hell of a strange doujin

Speed should be a tool to facilitate platforming while exploration is the reason for platforming beyond just beating the stage in the first place.
Putting things in out of the way and hard to reach places incentiveizes mastering the use of the physics and using speed to reach places you couldn't without it.
In a perfect sonic game the three are not balanced against each other, but rather the game is designed so that they work with each other.

Pure hold right to speed is pointless beyond spectacle and platforming is boring if it's just a bunch of waiting in place for the moving floor to get into position.(looking at you spring yard zone).

Hmmm. Kill la kill clad rouge and blaze when?

I think a one-off crossover would suit a Sonic/Transformers story pretty well. The IDW Transformers series is far from 'realistic', but it would be weird if the politically charged and at times really dark everyone in this thread do yourselves a favor and read "Last Stand of the Wreckers" IDW robots stopped everything to hang out with a blue spikey hedgehog who bounces on robots powered by cute little forest animals.

I like to think that Eggman would be really appealing to women if it weren't for his body - and the fact that he turns animals into robots, but hey, everyone has a hobby.

Blaze and Omega in Doom when

>Clove in Huniepop

oooooof

>politically charged and at times really dark
As if the world's fastest environmentalism metaphor wouldn't be out of place in that.

According to the japanese Heroes manual he considers himself a womanizer.

W-wait, so the American version of Heroes just censored that to Feminist then? Also I never noticed him being flirty, considering all the times he tries to kill Amy and be skeptical of Rouge. Or is this talking about Sonic X?

Shh. Let her Rest In Peace

>I think a one-off crossover would suit a Sonic/Transformers story pretty well. The IDW Transformers series is far from 'realistic', but it would be weird if the politically charged and at times really dark " IDW robots stopped everything to hang out with a blue spikey hedgehog who bounces on robots powered by cute little forest animals.
That is true, which is why I think crossing over with the Lost Light crew, which, while fairly dark, is more about crazy adventures and even crazier people, could be a ton of fun. COme on, tell me you wouldn't pay to see Whirl and Omega shoot the shit? Or have Eggman Master Plan the everloving shit out of Prowl and put the bastard in his place?

I haven't read Last Stand of the Wreckers because I started with MTMTE and RiD but I've heard great things about it. Does it work as standalone?
True, but IDW Transformers, especially RiD/TAAO is deeply entrenched in politics. It's Game of Thrones with giant transforming robots at times.

>Womanizer in the Japanese version
>Feminist in the American version

That's gross to me for some reason

I honestly don't know who's bright idea it was to have Amy be so unbearable in X. Like, I know her character was written like shit after SA1 until Unleashed, but jesus. Not to mention, how confusing her relationship with Sonic was in Season 3.

It was a mistranslation.

Yeah, what is he, a bad guy?

Well....
m.youtube.com/watch?v=McC4-n4J9Zo

I kinda want CD.
Still working on stage designs but honestly I might be overthinking some of them.

The only reason a Sonic/Transformers crossover would be weird is because of today's standards. If this were ten or twenty years ago no one would really bat an eye at it honestly.

sonic/tmnt fits more though