Keeping Mileage Low

So you got yourself a nice car. Not supercar nice but +100K nice. Would you drive it like you stole it or would you keep the mileage low and not drive it in the rain because you are responsible and care about resale value?

which car?

To me, "responsible" in the context of a sports car is trashing it at the track, not on roads. I don't see why people buy high performance cars then keep them garaged except for the occasional old-man drive. If your finances are such that you have to worry about resale value, you really can't afford that car. That's my opinion.

whatever you want my dude

as long as it isnt an "investment" type of car like a 2million bugatti

>$100k+ car new that isn't a supercar
>Holding it's value

To me the value isnt the money value, it's what I get out of it. But if you buy a decent car in the first place (like one with a V8 and manual transmission) it'll keep its value very well.

fucking this

i buy a car to drive it, not to waste garage space

that said i wouldn't buy a 100k+ car (or even a 50k+ one) unless i was multi-millionaire status already

could easily "afford" it now but i've got better things to do with my money like thrash shitboxes and watch my mortgage disappear

OP didn't say it had to be new.

First off I'd lease so I don't have to care. Then I'd proceed to drive it's tits off and let the next CPO sucker worry about it. Good thing you were too smart to pay the depreciation lel.

This. Not using a sports car to its full potential is on the exact same level as lifting a truck and never taking it off road. You're just buying it to compensate at that point. Your $100k sports car doesn't make me jelly unless I know your willing to take it to the limit on a track. You should be able to smash into a wall and say "oops it's just a car".

If I can afford a car, I can afford to drive and maintain it.
Thus:
If I cannot afford to drive and maintain a car, I cannot afford to own that car.

IT IS LITERALLY THAT FUCKING SIMPLE, SWAGFAG.

a better way to phrase that would be
>are you a tight ass asian?
gooks are the only ones i know who do that shit

>not buying an under $1000, 300,000km car and driving it like you stole it everyday

This is 100℅ accurate

cars are meant to be driven. arguments can be made that not driving a car to its full potential is actually worse for the car over time than leaving the car in storage to "keep its value". Not to mention the philosophical implications of having an item for one purpose and using it for an entirely different purpose.

Do you get a 10/10 gf and not fuck her to preserve refucking value for the next guy?

I would appreciate a guy doing this for me.

is it a luxury car like a 7 series or S class? then yes, I would daily drive it, but I wouldn't hoon too much on it. I'd redline it every so often and launch from lights and shit, but I wouldn't do burnouts in the streets or anything.

is it a sportscar, like a 911, GT-R, GT R etc etc? then I wouldn't daily drive it, but I'd thrash it on the track. what's the fucking point if I don't.

keeping a car with low miles is like keeping your GF fresh for the next guy to fuck...

I saw your percentage sign was broken, so here, have one of mine.

%

If you can't afford to 'thrash' a 100k car you cant afford it. No one who buys those sort of cars thinks about resale value

Buy a car to drive it, but not necessarily thrash it

And I try to keep my car clean for me. Not the next guy

I tustle with this question a lot with my econoboxes.
On the one hand, I should not go out for a drive just to relax my nerves every Friday evening, since it's just useless miles that only decrease the value of the car once I'm ready to trade it in.
But on the other hand, what was the point of buying a new econobox in the first place if I wasn't intending on driving it? It's not like it's going to break down or something, and cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

she's gonna fuck him anyways so may as well cut her loose

>implying I intend to sell

If I know I will sell it later on, I won't drive it much. Enjoy it less. Wonder why I bought it and then sell it.

I can daily drive a 2 million bugatti

My car wasn't 100k when I bought it but it was over that new in 2003. I bought it in 2013 with 26k miles on it because the previous owner thought like OP and only drove it on weekends and kept it hidden in the garage the rest of the time. It's now at 55k miles, including track days and cross country trips. Would be higher if it weren't for also owning a couple motorcycles.

I could see going out of my way to take care of some old collector's car I bought but anything newer that isn't one of x00 built shouldn't be babied and not driven on a fairly regular basis.

why would you buy a car not to drive it? what autism is this?

This x100.
Also problems always occur when a car is not enough driven.

Cars are meant to be driven.

This. If I had to worry so much about resell value then I probably couldn't afford the car.
Obviously I'd take car of it, keep it clean, store it in a garage, keep up with maintenance etc, but I'll drive it as hard as makes me happy.

There's cars in that price that aren't supercars. My definition is that it be around 500hp+

Looking at buying a Lamborghini in the next few years.
Thrash it on roads like this.

Kind of both my man. I take obsessive care of my car and store it with a good cover when I'm away. But when I've warmed it up and I'm out on the road I'll give it plenty of shit because that's what it's made for. And as far as milage, you get a small econobox for that. So it's kind of both, keep it clean and in good nick while still using for its purpose when you can.

now if you could only afford one