Most Presentable car for $5k

Hey guys, I do not like financing so I might buy a $5k car on credit card. What are the most presentable cars I can buy for $5k?

Here is a craigslist ad for a 2010 Chevy Impala LT

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-chevy-impala-lt/6464664767.html

Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/2008-ford-fusion-se/6457757084.html
philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2014-ford-fusion-se/6468632754.html
youtube.com/channel/UCV6KDgJskWaEckne5aPA0aQ/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who are you "presenting" yourself to?

please be bait

>I don't like financing
>buying a car on a credit card
This bait is bad and you should feel bad.

Here is another option

2008 Ford Fusion SE

philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/2008-ford-fusion-se/6457757084.html

I'm going to be a real estate agent and I need a starter car. I'm buying american so woo over those customers.

I don't like financing because they usually charge an extra $1k. I can still build my credit score by buying the car with a credit card and paying off the credit card.

I posted here earlier about buying a new Malibu, but things came up and I can't get that now, I need to buy a car for cheap but still be presentable.

The car is going to be detailed at all times and have no scratches because I've treated my shitboxes like they were new cars, never got scratches on them or shat on them.

Bump, are these the two most presentable American sedans to drive for $5k?

He's just being cheap. I've never spent over $3k on a vehicle.. presentable I think depends on the paint and condition not just the model. If youre not in a rush to get a vehicle just seek out one that's been garaged and maintained.

A lease on a new shitbox.

I'm not being cheap, my dad will only give me $5k because he needs to save his own money. I need a decent car for my first sales, then I'm moving onto a new Malibu after this year or when my credit score is better.

Right now, it's going to be half in credit and half in cash.

I have to go mid-size, don't I? Also, no one will give me a lease with my shit score(about 500 because of college expenses, fuck college), but I do have two open cards totalling $2,500.

I'd rather get some good answers from an auto board then make a post asking for a presentable car and fishing out a good one. So far my choices are

>2010 Impala
>2008 Ford Fusion
>Maybe 2008 Grand Marquis
>Maybe 2008 Ford Five Hundred

Most likely to go for the Impala since it's roomy and upfront costs are cheap. It's used as a cop car, so parts are plentiful for my 6 month ownership. I believe the best cheap mid-size to full-size sedan in the 2000s is the Chevy Impala. It should be black on black with leather interior.

Someone could have a better option though so I'm keeping my eye open for that.

Hey dumbass, buying a car on a credit car IS financing because you have to pay that money back with interest. Probably worse interest than you would get on a decent car loan.
Please learn how credit works before making life decisions.

You won't pay any interest if you pay it off that month, which I will since I have connects for sales as soon as I get my license.

Anyways, my final choice is a clean 9th gen Impala.

Selling what?

This car has been in rental service up until 2016, so it's the best option imo. It is THE best car for my situation, actually. No more bumping.

Unless you plan on paying that off in 30 days or less, buying a car with a credit card is nigger levels of braindead

Also what the fuck does "presentable" even mean

Houses in the Philly/surrounding suburbs area.

towncar probably

It's better than buying a $4k cash price car for a $5500 finance price and losing almost half just because of the dealer finance price.

I went to buy a cheap $4k Honda Fit last year for something else and the owner suggested I pay for it with a credit card to avoid the finance price.

Or you could just buy a car you can actually afford

Crazy thought I know

Cadillac DeVille. Out of anything you listed it will be the most comfortable, it has the most power and it will look way better driving up in a Cadillac instead of a Ford fusion. You can definitely find a pretty decent DeVille on Craigslist for $4k and then perhaps use the other thousand for maintenance, since you will only have it for 6 months it you don't have to worry about the head gaskets

Sell a car in a 2k car? What about a 1999 Camry?

Any opinions on a real estate agent selling houses with a 1999 Camry? If I wear a suit and have a fresh cut with great mannerisms? It's a stretch and I'd rather do those things in an Impala.

And yes, I will have the $5k in cash, just putting the cash in the card then paying it back immediately so I can improve my score faster to secure loans down the road.

you're counting your chickens before they hatch, what happens if you don't do that? You'll be hit with much worse interest than financing.

If you want to work in business at all, you should know that the smartest investments minimize YOUR risk.

either buy all in cash or accept reality and finance a car.

"Presentable" "American" do not fit, unless you buy an old Cadillac (Early 00s Cadillac CTS) or Lincoln (Town Car, LS). Might as well buy a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis, or a Buick Regal, they're at least reliable and comfortable. These fit your budget, and are generally reliable (Not including the Lincoln LS). Impala too.

The cars you posted are uninteresting and say nothing about you, they'll carry you from point A to B as well as any other car, and leave no impressions on a customer, might as well buy a 3k civic at that point. Good luck user.

Will you buy a house from me if I drive up in a 2007 Town Car? If yes, then I am going to buy one because I love these cars.

Please fuck off and stop making these thread. we know you're full of shit. At first he was giving you 25k and now it's 5k. just kill yourself.

Nvm, driving up in an old Town Car(still has used "luxury" nameplate) is corny as fuck, best thing to do at $5k is play it safe.

your credit score literally does not increase with use

Yeah, my dad is full of shit. He said new car first, then said 10k and next time I ask he will say 5k. Fuck you.

If I am your average philly homebuyer, I'm probably 50, cannot differentiate an Audi from a Camry, and have Sheetz burritos in lieu of intestines

Outside of it being clean/rustless, they will not notice your car. If it's in your budget and doesn't have 250k miles on it, sure, why not? Just be sure to grab winter tires when you need them. Good luck, and remember risk.

If you think you can't sell a house without a certain car then you're a shitty salesman and you have no skills.

One of the best real estate agents I've ever met drove a Dodge Caravan.

So buy your own car faggot. pay cash.You do have 2500-4k for a clean stock civic don't you? Stop relying on other people.

Meant to post this in this thread. Go to your county auctions and estate sales OP. This only cost 1900 bucks suprisingly.

I'm good for this car actually, just looks off. Also it's more expensive than an Impala.

It has to be decent, I currently drive a 1999 Camry with scratches from living in a city college(worst combo for scratches)

It was probably less than 5 years old. I could do the same lol

Alright guys the time has come to end this thread, thanks for all the advice.

just keep the camry faggot. get matching body panels from the salvage yard if your's are too beat up.

It's not beaten up at all actually, it's a fine looking 1999 Camry. One of the best I've seen on the roads. I'll stick to this then and not rely on my dad for a car.

Here's a pic, I'll post more pics

Here's some pics of it filled with bags of clothes from on my dad's jobs.

Half of the clothes that some mentally ill family paid my dad $1500 to wash. Took a few hours. They pulled up in a dirty beat Impala and casually checked the mail that I found in one of the bags. Should have taken a pic of that lol

Fuck, now my dad says $4300 is too much

Impala is a good option. As is Crown Vic LX.

They're understated cars and nobody will be able to tell if it's a 2006 or 2011. 98 or 2011 in the case of the Vic.

They're extremely common and owners range from the wealthy but frugal to dirt poor scum. They speak to every demographic and give observers neither a positive or negative impression. They're business cars, company cars, fleet vehicles... there isn't a better choice IMO.

Just make sure the paints good and it makes no funny noises and you'll always make a good impression.

>tips fedora

Go with a Crown Vic then.

I would never buy a car from you regardless of what shitbox you rolled up in because you're a lying, indecisive sack of shit who makes a slightly modified version of the same thread every day.

Now start using a trip so I can filter your dumb ass.

Just going with a 2014 Ford Fusion. Looks way more professional, and I could reach out to better clients. I'm going to put $2-3k down for it.

philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2014-ford-fusion-se/6468632754.html

Last post

The Crown Victoria is ok, but it's V8 gas mileage and crap performance. You would be better off with a Town Car as they were put together a little more carefully....harder to find that aren't completely beaten down, or former Uber cars.

You can get a nice condition 1997-2005 Buick Park Avenue for less than $5000, they have a V6 or a supercharged V6 and get good gas mileage. Very reliable engine and transmission. The interior holds up pretty well. The seat motors were not the best as they use plastic gears that wear out, but the cars are definitely solid. One of the last 200,000 mile American cars, along with the Town Car. I would get a Park Avenue or Town Car, over anything Cadillac in that price range, especially a Northstar Cadillac. Good thing about Park Avenues is that they aren't the choice for Uber drivers or black car service shuttles, so there are many more low mileage cars available. Still an old car though at 13 years old for a 2005, when they stopped manufacturing.

just get an 08 Accord.

>impala
>credit card
>presentable
>philadelphia
N

Pleb

Here's a link to the real estate videos I watch in my free time while I get my license. Subscribe to this dude, his videos are the best.

Little off Veeky Forums topic but whatever, it's related to how you can get nice cars.

youtube.com/channel/UCV6KDgJskWaEckne5aPA0aQ/videos

>5k car
>on credit card

How fucking retarded is this board

dude that's one of the nicer camrys from that era, if you don't have to rely on your dad don't.

Literally a Lexus

You sound super fucking autistic. you're gonna have a shit time selling anything.

>How fucking retarded is this board

It's usually people from other boards see that Veeky Forums has an auto board, then here we go
>they never read the sticky mfw

Most Presentable car for $5k is a motorcycle.

>and have no scratches because I've treated my shitboxes like they were new cars, never got scratches on them or shat on them.
I've never scratched or dinged any car I've owned, but strangers have been more than happy to do it for me.

"bags of clothes"

sure

>presentable

It has to be black with flawless paintwork and super clean/polished, the newer the better since it can then pass for company car if mid sized sedan.

Bump, how is this car? Is it a good choice? No redesign so that means it will look new for a while.