"I see you're looking for something practical and economical. Can I interest you in this nice hatchback?"

>"I see you're looking for something practical and economical. Can I interest you in this nice hatchback?"
>"Ew, no. Hatchbacks are hella lame."
>"Okay, how about this? It's the exact same thing with a 2 inch lift. It's heavier, less efficient, worse handling, and more expensive. It isn't any safer, but it DOES have an extra 3.4 cubic feet of cargo space."
>"It's perfect! I'll take it!"
How fucking stupid are crossover buyers?

Pretty stupid desu. Unfortunately we now get these things instead of wagons in the USA. I would love a compact wagon but our only non-lux option is the VW Golf. Guess I will start saving for a 3 series wagon...

It's an impreza with better cargo space and ground clearance, stop being autistic OP

>better visibility
>more comfortable seating position
>more storage space
>typically offered with an AWD package
>usually gets the same gas mileage
>shares the same parts as the car so no availability issues
>more demand so better resale value

You don't have to like crossovers to understand why they're popular. I used to drive a RAV4 and it had a lot of benefits. I wouldn't go back to driving a small car as my only DD though, especially not here in Canada. I hate being down that low in the winter, you catch all the crap from other vehicles and can't see shit.

>implying cuckover buyers ever use the extra ground clearance

They use it every single day to see over other drivers.

Why else do you think fucking women love crossovers? It's almost 100% because they want to be higher off the ground and able to see better. It's kinda feminism in car form.

Civic, mazda3, elantra GT, focus, impreza, and corolla im all have hatchback variants.

>Guess I will start saving for a 3 series wagon...
hope you enjoy riding in the cab of a tow truck

is the same reason so many people buy pickup trucks

I do admire the fact that in putting the least amount of effort possible into their crossover it ends up being one of the better ones.
At least the college girls and teachers who all drive one can see out the windows unlike a lot of these fucking things.

Did you sell yours before it started burning oil?

>more storage space
No.
>comfortable seating position
If you are a cuck
Now this is completely wrong, especially with AWD, more ground clearance means more aerodynamic resistance, which is the biggest reason for low mileage. And then we have more mileage lost because of mechanical loss from the drivetrain.

>to see over other cars
> which are also now all crossovers
> so no use of the ground clearance ever because you can't see over them

They buy them because they are easy to step into, in europe before the crossover hype, old people bought small people carriers or vans or anything with a high roof and seat

Of course the more elegant solution would be to maintain safe spacing and look further ahead but god forbid normies actually try to have good driving technique so let's just make cars fat instead.

>wrong
>wrong
>wrong
>wrong, always extra
>wrong
>wrong
>wrong

Idiot.

The crosstrek rocks fuck off faggot. If only Subaru made a WRX-based model

You mean... The Forester? Which is already a thing?

Too big and old. The crosstrek is smol.

No, no and no. You just like crossovers.

> Bigger than a car = more cargo space
> Room for the dog in the back
> High ground clearance for all those potholes and the kerbs you'll drive into all the time
> AWD package means you'll be untroubled by the rain and the snow and muddy roads
> High so you can see over stuff and nobody can see into YOUR SUV
> Uses less fuel than a full SUV
> Look at how heavy it is. That means it's safer in a crash when you pull out without looking!
> The tiny windows make you feel safe.
> Tailgate rather than a boot lid so you don't have to lift anything up to put it inside.
> It's small, it uses less fuel, easier to park
> Don't worry about the expense; just lease or PCP it so you can afford more car and PROTECT YOUR DEPOSIT.

Those are literally the advertising points for it.

>hatchback
I have a Mazda 3 hatchback. I said wagon, it's not the same. Hatchbacks have very little usable space behind the rear seat.

They don't hit the parking curb when they pull too far forward.

Yeah but it makes you feel like you're in an SUV and your cuck-ass wouldn't ever want to drive in a tiny hatchback now would it?
That's why people buy them.

Bigger externally ≠ bigger internally. These are usually just higher off the ground.
No more than the car version
No
These cheap AWD systems are almost worse than FWD.
No. Everyone else is the same height now.
More fuel than the car version of the same thing
Weight ≠ good
Bad visibility is unsafe
They most often have a hatch rather than a tailgate or it's weak
No, no, no.
No.

Only morons who don't deserve money will spend it on this garbage.

I have an Impreza and my coworker has a crosstrek

He gets better mileage

False or not, that's how they're advertised, so that's why people buy them.

Wow, this perfectly scientific analysis on fuel efficiency BTFOs all carlets.

>extra 3.4 cubic feet of cargo space
What they never tell you is that this is all vertical space and useless for pretty much everything.

People that buy new cars dictate the direction of the auto industry. You fags in your 20 year old shitboxes have no say. Stay mad queers.

>ITT cuck cuck cuck cuck
Sad to see so many edgelords take over

>but it DOES have an extra 3.4 cubic feet of cargo space
Not even. Most crossovers have pitiful hatch openings and trunk sizes beyond the bloated size of their fenders and their tall beltlines. If you want cargo space, buy a wagon.

>It's an impreza with better cargo space and ground clearance
It's actually got the exact same cargo space as an Impreza. Body is identical. It's only a little further up.

>better visibility
Not with those tall beltlines and thick pillars.
>more storage space
No.
No.
>more demand so better resale value
Not in my experience.

I up my mileage from 17l/100km(14mpg) to 12l/100km (19 mpg) just by driving smoother. There are a lot of factor that go into miles per galon.

>I have an Impreza and my coworker has a crosstrek
That's impossible from the vehicle alone. The Crosstrek is LITERALLY an Impreza with bigger wheels and worse underbody air flow. You probably simply have a heavier foot than him, or maybe a different engine and transmission combination.

Wagons are better for all of that than crossovers except the high ground clearance.
AWD is always an option, except with Subaru, that nobody takes, because nobody gives a shit and you take away polar bears' homes.
But marketing is a bitch and when a roastie sees another stacy in a fashion statement, she immediately wants it.

There is a friend of mine that bought the CX-5, he is a car guy and has owned various hot hatches and now owns a Bi-Turbo Audi Quattro. He regrets ever buying that piece of shit, despite it being arguably the best Crossover. And not it is a bad car per se, but every time he gets in it, he can feel the compromises made to make it like that. Their previous family vehicle was a Mazda 6.

14 hours later OP continues to sperg out

Are hatchbacks the peak of automobile design?

They don't have flaws.

>tons of space
>enough space for 2 adult men and 2 women to sit comfortably
>as safe as most other cars
>size is just right for compacts like the Focus/Golf/Mazda3/V40
>lots of space
>good fuel economy (all 3 I mentioned get over 40mpg hwy)
>excellent handling thanks to IRS
>power if you want it (GTI/FoST)

I'd say yes.

That's illegal.

You have an auto, can't drive, have roof racks or all of the above.

Sometimes
No
No lol
No
No again
No
Nah
No

All wrong. You can get better everything from a well equipped wagon.

No, sedans are better. If you need more space a wagon is better. Hatchbacks are a worthless compromise.

Auto would get better mpg.

>Compensating by driving a bigger vehicle

Soyboy detected

Wrong again.

I can fit a weeks shopping, a bag of clothes, and a jumper pack behind the rear seats of my 20 year old Civic.

Auto impreza gets better mpg than manual, doofus.

You could also fit that in a trunk.

It's a three door hatch. With the rear seats folded forward it has a lot more usable space than a sedan does.

>With the rear seats folded forward
That's the problem.

i miss when "suvs" were big boxy rugged utilitarian machines for light offloading and shit

It's basically a two seater wagon with the seats forward.

in theory, practical consumption is a different matter

I don't think you understand. I have a family and typically can't fold the seats down. The amount of usable space behind the rear seats is very small.

Wrong again.

Right. I get what you mean now. The Civics just a runabout for us, we have a proper wagon for the family car.

I have another car too so it isn't a huge deal but it was a bit of a let down after falling for the "hatchback is more practical" meme.