I can get a new 2017 GTI (base trim, automatic) for $20,000. Not hot sellers around here

I can get a new 2017 GTI (base trim, automatic) for $20,000. Not hot sellers around here.

Would you?

No because I'm an adult.

>german
Nah I'll pass. I 'd rather keep my 17 year old corolla, At least it's reliable.

>Japanese
>reliable
pick one

Please. Will not a VW my sister had a Mini that ate 100 dollar bills like a fat kid eats ice cream. The biggest money pit of german shit I have ever seen. I'd rather have an old sonata or a fucking dodge neon , at least those are cheaper than those BMW mini shit piles.

>vw
>automatic
kys

Seriously?

What, a poor one who can't afford a car? Back on the bus, please.

DCT is excellent in this vehicle. The manual meme needs to die. Just like you.

>hurrdurr gurmun enginurrin is bad

Please do not talk about a car you've never owned, and know nothing about.

>mini
>german
user...

>getting something from 2000 and above

Yeah sure enjoy your new car

>hot hatch
>not buying for muh feels
get fucked m8

Let me guess? Marylandfag?

The lowest trim I'd get is the Sport. The base is an amazing value but not having performance pack would always be in the back of mind when driving it.

this poor peabrain

Short answer, no.

Long answer, fuck no.

I can get an electric fireplace for much less than 20K$ installed...

Veeky Forums hates VW and are borderline autistic. I plan on getting a 2016-2017 golf r. They are great cars and fun DD for the money. You wont be let down if u only spend 20K on a new one. i say go for it. The GTI wont melt your face with speed but the DSG will give you an edge overall. the DSG imo is the only acceptable alternative to a manual. Personally id go for the stick but that is just me

Sounds an amazing deal. Buy it.

pretty much dis.
OP, you can't get a better answer from the fiercest VAGhaters in Veeky Forums

Who owns Mini, user?

Vws are LAME
buy cool car like suzuki

>not even the best suzuki

CYUUUUUUUUUUTE ;3

hello

>Rover
>MG
>That high on the list

Impossible, those are 2 pretty unreliable brands [spoiler] I should know, I had a Rover 214Si and I loved it [/spoiler]

Yeah Rover is defunct since 2005.

Also, I'm the guy that posted Just feel like I have to point out that I agree with you, japs make the most reliable cars.

Have several friends with Japs cars that rarely have anything wrong with them (all the problems so far are cosmetic things due to age) and both my car (Honda Civic '00 MB2) and my dad's car (Mazda 3 '06) have yet to have any malfunctions.

my bud has a rover 75 and it's indestructible
it's factual desu

also not many rovers here but I find it hard to believe 4cyl shitboxes are unreliable. only VW can fuck up a 4cyl shitbox

and MG may have had incredible build quality flaws, but mechanically they were simple and strong

I got a 2017 Sport DSG

Paid 27,000 Out the door (tax, tags, etc)

Is that 20k price with a crazy interest rate? They won't give you good financing with a low price on top.

Fantastic car, great transmission. Base will struggle with grip if you ever modify it. Hell, my stock sport could get wheel spin on command until I replaced the shit all-seasons it came with, with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Consider splurging for the Sport trim, it's worth the extra bux.

the cars that were on the lots in 2005 were sold for 1$ and britain is still filled with rovers. again though, simple shitboxes don't have to be unreliable even if they are shitboxes. only VW can fuck up a 4cyl manual car

shit even mercedes 4cyls are reliable. even bmw 4cyls are reliable. it's only really VAG that can ever fuck up a 4cyl, you understand this right?

sure why not

>UK reliability index
>rigged
wew no way

Loll kys.

it's not rigged at all, landrover is 36 and you can individually search for an aston martin db9 and it's super shit according to them

>Mazda

This is shitposting right?

how? they're in their rightful place, even in TUV statistics mazda is high and germans skewer that shit with wildly different mileages

I can't understand what goes on in your mind when you think ''this simple 4cyl maker that isn't VW can possibly be unreliable''

yeah they had a few rotaries that aren't exactly the pinnacle of reliability, guess what, they don't account for most of their sales

>What are mazdas from 2002 to
>3 and5
Crossmembers rusting to the bones.
End link kits has to be changed each 5K km balljoints at 10K .
Eat tires like no tommorow.

Cheap cars, anyone in the rust belts knows to stay away from these junks.

>I drive one so I can relate

well idk about your 2002 but any recent mazda is quality product

mercedes rusts too but you would never talk ill of them though

shit from 2009 to now they have 0 reported failures on transmissions for mazda3s. do you understand how reliable a car has to be for that to happen, statistically?

Funny you mention that I also have a 99 W202 that ruts BUT the suspension/direction parts on it are quality products.

I can't complain tough, I got the 2006 Mazda 5 for 700$.

>the suspension/direction parts on it are quality products.
now try the M-class or any 2005+ mercedes and tell me that again. easily highest rate of failure in mercedes is their fancy suspensions, should make a contract with GM for their magnetic ride control

also I've seen one of these in a shop and all inside/outside trim was still perfectly in place. impressive desu. an e46/b6 even from the most recent model year are completely shattered and nothing is in place

I only can relate pre-2009.
Its not the ford engine nor the tranny its everything around that is cheap af.

that has no bearing on reliability. an e46 is cheap as fuck too and everyone praises it's build quality for some reason. most cars pre 2010 were cheap as fuck

I would never touch a benz past the W202, so maybe you are right.

I'm factual nigga. used post 2000s c-classes/3series/a4s are the most common cars here and they're horrible. used s-classes are common as fuck and they're horrible too. stats agree with me too

These are great cars, the best gen of C-Class i.m.o
The W201 is also pretty good but you can't beat the W202 2.3 Komp engine.
Also had a 30 years W126 that everything was still prefectly in place, no rust at all.
Old benz were really quality products.

>Old benz were really quality products.
only german cars worthy of the german quality myth imho

It's all due to one engine really, the Rover K-Engine, which is also used by MG.
It's a phenomenal engine, very torque-y and stupid fun to drive, but the engine is unreliable due to the Head Gasket Failure (Google it).
Not to mention the rest of the car's mechanical parts weren't high quality (At least considering the price you paid for the car) due to Rover/MG being in financial crisis.

Don't get me wrong, despite the problems, Rover and MG are still two my favorite brands (Hence why I have the Civic MB2, engine of a Honda, styling and finish of a Rover), but they weren't very reliable. I'd give love to keep my car to daily drive and a MG TF for the weekends, but the maintenance costs of it are astronomical.

m8 not trying to be asshole but my mates dads vws auto transmission shat bed twice in year
you are better buying manual
not memeing dead serious.
i know 300k golfs with factory tranny

BMW owns Mini, has for many years now...

I can grab this for £6000
>2015 reg
>Seat Ibiza 1.4L 16v Toca SportCoupe
>34k miles

>late '90s Toyotas
>not reliable

M8, how much did that garage set you back? Did you put a heater in it?

Get the sport trim senpai it’s worth the cornering lights, big brakes and LSD. The wheels you get are exclusive to the trim and you get the gti pattern cloth seats. It’s the best deal on the best hot hatch.

Did you get a deal on the PSS? I can’t imagine dropping so much dosh when the stock potenzas are like 100$ cheaper per tire

>automatic
Noooooo. The 6 speed in that car is excellent. Would have zero interest in drivibg the autotragic.

Fucking Americans and their all seasons.

Well, it cameswith the house (was on my prerequesists list). Can fit two cars and even more stuff in it. It has two beams so It can fit two chainblocks. All is missing is an hydraulic lift but hey it is 1000 times better than working on my dad rock driveway.

Yes there is an oil furnance.
Also two 240V heaters. But I didnt heated it this winter because it is not worth it. Only heat it whe I have a big job to do.

>Also, mazda sucks i.m.o but I wanted a manual 4cyl van that could carry lots of stuff and there was almost no choice.

Kek, two sets my dude.
One summer and one for winter.

No its not you retard. The manual is literally the only reason to buy the golf. Hell, it's one of the most defining reasons to purchase small hatchbacks.

Go buy a shitty sedan and fuck off.

Relax dude.