Has there ever been a more disgusting conglomerate of disorganized bullshit than a Subaru’s engine bay?

Has there ever been a more disgusting conglomerate of disorganized bullshit than a Subaru’s engine bay?

and off

Jesus Christ

It's pretty bad when you swap in an engine with 3x the displacement and 4 more cylinders and you're left with more room in the engine bay after.

>half disassembled engine bay is messy
Wow, what a surprise. Now how about one that's fully assembled?

>all those pointless connectors in the hottest place possible

Yeah that's what happens when you relocate half the shit in the engine bay to cram an LS into it

To be fair, the engine bay tidies up a lot if you get an aftermarket intake system.
The cabin sound tube and stock airbox take up a ton of space.

Probably but I can't think of one other than chrysler minivans.

what is this part do

That's the bit that pumps engine sound into the cabin

why the fuck

i'm sorry, but i don't get whats so difficult about this.

How the fuck so you even change the spark plugs in that shit?

To have a better "experience".
At least it's not pumped through the speakers like some other cars like the Renault clio, which can """""emulate""""" a Nissan GT-R or an Alpine A110.

>even with a shaved bay this looks pretty bad
jesus christ op was not kidding

Get this shit out of my sight

whats with Veeky Forums and subaru hate lately?

or is it just the same one or two faggots starting shit?

>spark plugs

It looks bad, mostly because there is no powersteering delete, because the owner is a limp dicked fag, who can't turn a wheel.

>hot air intake

ah hahaha so true

>caring about the minute difference in temperature of air going INTO a turbo

jealous fags bitter that they cant afford the best dailyable rally car

It's a Diesel engine. It doesn't have spark plugs.

Subaru has replaced Honda as the car brand that people make fun of to feel better about their car/themselves. Also 99.99% of their knowledge pertaining to Subarus is comprised of half-truths and outright falsehoods. It's just what happens what you believe everything you read on the internet.

How the fuck do you change glow plugs?

One at a time.

The good part is that the alternator is easy to get to for when it STOPS FUCKING WORKING FOR NO GOD DAMN REASON AFTER JUST 3,000 MILES

Pretty much all modern sports cars have it.
Sound dampening and restrictive stock exhaust would keep you from hearing the engine normally, so they pipe in a bit of intake noise.
With any exhaust modifications it becomes unnecessary,

holy FUCK these are a pain to work on. Why couldn't they just do a normal longitudinal v6 like normal people?

Glow plugs should easily last a few hundred thousand miles, at which point a diesel needs to be pulled to get a proper service anyway.

People hail the reliability of diesel, yet forget the they're maintenance heavy and the parts are fuckin expensive.

Best engine bay