Soon™ to be on Mr. Handys edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

>handies already have circular blades
>some autist spends time to make a different form of sawblade attachment

that power armor makes sense because it looks like its for construction work and not fighting.

pillow fort/10

Rate my settlement so far.

God those textures look so bad, but it'll have to do.

>variety is bad
you must've been in charge of fallout 4 weapons development

They don't need PA for construction work since they have synths, and functional pre-war construction equipment.

Not to mention, all the materials needed to make a suit of PA would be large drain on their fairly limited resources.

Trash. Fuck off.

Looks good senpai, you should roof those generators if you ever become enemies of the brotherhood.

Not too shabby, but I personally like building RR vertically.

Synths still aren't strong enough and/or able to get the leverage that a being in power armor intended for construction work would have.

Plus such equipment could be considered construction equipment.

>can't filter the "institute did nuffin wrong" user

>cait is afraid of elevators
>curie is logical and tries to explain how they work and that people use them all the time and not to worry
>big strong cait gets nervous and grabs the closest person's hand as soon as it starts moving
muh heart

Swear down lad say that to my face and youll get stabbed swear on my nans gravy.
i plan on being friends with them
Ive got that expansion mod so the settlement border is larger, might caputre a deathclaw and build an arena desu although this is first time playing in months so im not too familiar with the building dlcs

That's why they have prew-ar buldozers and shit in their excavation tunnels.

Its far easier, and more resource efficient, to fix up a pre-war machine, then to make a whole new suit of PA to achieve the same task.

I need someone to validate my Autism/10

A ripper is better than a buzzsaw, my man

I could honestly see them having a suit or two made from a pre-war T-45 or T-51 chassis that would have been used for heavy lifting where gen 1 synths would rip their arms off.

it sure would help though. a really strong person can do several things that a group of people can't do, or can do so more efficiently.

their resource availability is highly questionable. I mean they literally have enough to be making synth gorillas and shit, not to meniton those huge forklifts (forget what they're called) on the excavation site

Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

No one has said anything about if The Institute did anything wrong or not.

tfw piper has dissapeared

It's also far easier and more ressource efficient to improve on existing robot designs than developing a whole new and much more fragile kind of robot but that's the institute for you.

Those machines do absolutely none of the work that you'd build an exosuit system to do.

Plus such suits would have applications outside of construction. Like working on reclamation teams or assisting in moving lab equipment around.

not that guy but this is a constant argument around here. really annoying guy too.

>Not realizing that every faction has its pros and cons, and that they're all evil in their own way

Why have the institute never thought of making a big synth mecha

Name a single good thing about the institute.
I wait.

I kinda wonder where they get the metal to make their walls and floors. Realistically they should have some sort of forging center and rows of synths putting together prefab parts to build with.

Shake those charlies for me, will ya?

if you dont side with the brother hood then you are a little fag

>fallout 4 survival
jesus christ

The fact that they have enough resources to make fucking gorillas of all things

>tfw even the fucking swipers they mop the floors with have aluminum, circuitry and nuclear material in them
>tfw no face

Actually the synths are far less fragile then pre-war robots, since they don't need fuel, they don't break down, don't need repairs, don't need to rest to conserve energy, or any of the other problems pre-war robots had

they must have, it's just not represented in game. there's no production line for their weapons/armor either, but you just can't find it.

The purpose of synths is because you can't get much more out of robotics, programming wise, than what happens when you let pre-war robots run for 200 years without them being so constrained that they'd go insane. Which you can do enmass in mass producing gen 3 synths. Furthermore synths make up for their fragility by being much more easily repaired with 3d printed meat bits that they can probably make out of any recycled organic bits.

Plus the whole "biped with a balancing system you don't have to program and some opposable thumbs and enough ability to not get trapped by their assigned tasks and go insane on top of general human/near-human capabilities" makes for a superior worker.for anything short of mass production of goods.

Could be worse. Could be an ironman/permadeath mod where if you die you gotta start an entirely new game.

The fact that they've managed to grow pre-war vegetables and could rejuvenate the barren and salted landscape. That's pretty much it though.
Those fucks could restore order but instead they'd rather make synthetic gorillas and undermine the stability of an entire region.

Institutefags are in a constant state of
>Gen 1s and 2s are perfect
and
>Gen3s are necessary because Gen 1s and 2s are just as flawed as pre-war robots

If they were righteous, they actually would be the saviors they claim to be. If they didn't convince themselves the wastelanders were subhuman and actually applied their knowledge to helping the wasteland the would be breddy cool.

So they do have some good thigns about them, they actually do make cool stuff and have food processors and synth animals to domesticate and hydroponics and seeds that grow in the surface and they could apply teleportation to practical stuff and they made a robo work force that could be useful and a great many other cool things.

They just happened to be jerks. But their merits are there.

>making shit up in lack of an argument

The Institute is probably a lot larger than what you see, and what was once the fabrication room is probably used for something else now.

How is this making shit up?

We are outright told synths don't need to sleep, don't need to eat, can't get fat, and we know that FEV makes everything it mutates effectively immortal, and immune to radiation

Nobody has ever said Gen 1's or 2's were perfect. They're pretty shitty and are being phased out for being shitty.

Wasn't the synth that got eaten by cannibals in Far Harbor weakened by the fog?

I refuse to play NuSurvival solely because of the carry wt. nerf.

>you can't get much more out of robotics, programming wise
And? Aren't Synths a workforce? Are you telling me it's easier to spend decades to develop a robot skellington from scratch than taking the extremely efficient pre-war robot designs and improving upon the chassis?
Are you saying it's easier to make and improve on a gen1 than making more flexible arms with more tensile hands on a Protectron?

there's no evidence whatsoever synths are immune to radiation. everything in game says otherwise.

however, institutefags are immune to logic

Everyone knows the fog is secretly alive and not actually radiation.

reminder that Bethesda intended to have The Great War be caused by aliens

This is probably a dumb question, but how can I be sure an ENB is working? I honestly can't see any difference between this and how my game used to look. I just dropped the entirety of the contents of the mediafire link in to the correct folder, and there's a main menu prompt, but I don't think it actually applied any changes.

IIRc, they said he was weakened from getting attacked by shit in the Fog

>synths don't need to sleep, don't need to eat, can't get fat
Yeah all of that applies to any other robot.
Also i'm explcitly talking about Gen1s and Gen2s right now which are just robots and not FEV Bio-androids.

>tfw I only play on survival
It's basically just to stop me from savescumming like a motherfucker

I HOPE YOU READ MY POST IN THE LAST THREAD ABOUT THE RADSTORKS
IF YOU FAIL DELIVER THERE WILL BE DIRE CONSEQUENCES

Does anyone else have a problem with using the console? Like,if i need a couple more hundred caps i will just spawn them in.

No.

Better save up on those bethbucks goys i mean guys.

Why not sell things? Console is for fixing things, disable+mfd, and screenshots senpai

That isn't what I wanted to hear from you.
Expect a comeuppance.

The Institute should have stopped at Valentine's prototype stage, since the changes in Gen 3s are frivolous and only made the Commonwealth distrust the Institute more.

Post them

Can we at last hope for a le quirky voiced button-pushing-simulator to activate a train fast traveller nobody ever uses?

I know i don't why i do it, happens when im building settlements too i just spawn materials in

post the template too

Gen 1/2's blow ass though, constantly breaking down, walking into walls, and generally suffering the same problems pre-war robots had with getting stuck in job loops.

>Yeah all of that applies to any other robot.
False, pre-war robots need to eat(get fuel), and need to sleep(they enter hibernation periods to preserve power.

I had much, much more fun with the game when I restricted my console usage to bug fixing.

If you want Radstorks I could take a deathclaw mesh

Replace its head with a radgulls
Make its lil feets radgull feets
Remove its tail, replace with feathers
Put feathers all over its body

I wouldn't know how to make this abomination of science fly around though

Are you actually doing any Fallout 4 content or is it all Skyrim

What mods are good to use if you want to turn F4 into STALKER-lite, but don't want to install one of the overhaul mods like Horizon/Frost/Immersive Gameplay.

On the other hand, which one of those would be be best for getting that kind of gameplay?

i think with settlements i just get bored of going back and forth because my loading times are shit

What?

Yeah.

Okay.

you play the way you want senpai, no one can tell you otherwise. but imo if the game gives you a way to do something, you should use that method before resorting to console command.

>sworn enemies
>maxson

haha you fuckign weapon

>Gen 1/2's blow ass though
Yes that's exactly my point.They spent decades of research and ressources to make robot workers when they could have spend the same time and ressources to improve on existing designs.

Anyway, what fuel do Protectrons need? What powers them and while we're at it what powers a Gen1? You seem to have indepth knowledge about that.

As a kind of protest I think that could be entertaining.
But it deserves to be done the right way, and without the tools to create new behaviors, it's always going to be jank.

IMO, it's the duty of those in the CC to make up for these limitations, and get Bethesda to do some actual work, if they're going to chip and dime us to death.

did you confuse the sworn enemies and favorite factions sections?

Danse is my Elder

I think Protectrons run on fusion cells
Sentry bots run on 2 fusion cores

Realistically that shit should never deplete, except for when it does in Power armor...thats more of a game thing though

I wonder why the Institute doesn't like, make some sort of machine that can harness or collect radiation from Rad storms on the surface, and funnel the nuclear materials down and create usable fusion cells and fusion cores, and make way beefier robots

>Dear Hearts and Gentle People
>Way Back Home
>Brotherhood, but Maxson as sworn enemy
My nigga

Danse is a bender and should be gassed

I wonder why the Institute doesn't dabble in solar energy reserves.

The only robot that needs fuel is MrHandy and that's just for the thruster, which is a design flaw that could be improved upon.

Danse is a true Brotherhood paladin.

Maxson is some crybabby who landed his position through family name

GORILLAS

>everyone in the world is clamoring for a device to power a fusion reactor
>when i can just create infinite fusion reactors with the power of my mind

maxson got the role because he is an absolute hardman

>don't need fuel, they don't break down, don't need repairs, don't need to rest to conserve energy, or any of the other problems pre-war robots had
Many pre-war robots have managed to stay functional for 200+ years. I don't think this is what the main advantage of Synths is supposed to be.

nigga the ONLY reason Lyons was even elder in the first place is because Maxson was 8

Protectrons have charging stations, the ones you can hijack with VIP protocol shut down after a while of being activated.

But there are also wandering trons that don't run out of energy so they probably can be powered with cells.

hes still an absolute hardman

>not Toddollars

and lyons was a fucking faggot too

The Khans deserved everything that happened to them.

If you disagree, you're a filthy liberal

>Muh violent culture, muh lands, muh drugs
>Waahhh why did you shoot mothers holding infants that would be potential future raiders hurting innocent farmers waahhhh
>They're uneducated, they don't deserve to be gunned down for gunning people down, waahhhh

The Khans are nothing but a clan of dindus, remember to shoot Khans on SIGHT.

I went into their canyon with a fully modded Red Glare and just went to town.