Who /Michigan/ here?

who /Michigan/ here?

moved recently, looking for lads to meet up with, places to hoon at etc. I'm in the metro detroit area.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sgYJ3bqSkN8&list=PL9d6sXObkgzEIemr1Fl7v3bqiiQIisBFm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sorry.

not as bad as people make out to be desu

SCCA in Sarnia, come up some time.

probably not that bad with fuck all people around

I'm downriver area, its fucking barren. The best it gets is taking W Jeff south and seeing Fermi II at dusk, waiting for it to fucking explode.

yeah definitely hitting some events in spring
is that the Ontario club?

>metro detroit area

How metro?

Novi here m8.

It's getting pretty dark here, I think I'm going to move closer to the UP where I don't see so many darkies.

15/woodward checking in

recently moved to NW ohio here, there's fuck all here and i'm looking for events near me. i'm coming up to sno*drift this weekend for the first time after working at STPR and WMWR for the past few years. anyone else going/been?

I try to go to gingerman as often as there's an event. you're blessed with mid-ohio which has some kick ass events all summer long. In the UP (if you're willing) there's some good events that i've heard of but it'll need more research before i decide which ones im going to

metro detroit is code for suburbs

Kind of. Some really cool cars are there.

All the good people moved to plymouth or northville

more like ann arbor area actually. But I go to det suburbs often

Mid-ohio is a weird situation for me, i can't participate in any of their event's without going through their driver training program which is fucking expensive, as interesting as it may be. My only option is to go with a private group, such as auto interests but they rarely hold events. sucks since im used to living near pocono speedway where they had SCCA track night in america events that were $70 to hoon around the road course all day, plus they barely inspected your car. for mid ohio's rules i would need to update my harness and seat as well.

current plan is to go with the porsche owner's club late this year with my 944.

I usually just go to watch since my cars aren't exactly track-worthy.

just looked up novi, you're actually pretty close

989 here
you moved to the worst state in the union

yeah i've already realized that. i'm here for UNOH and working for their motorsports team, so i'll be out of here around springtime next year hopefully

anybody been to the "mi drift" events, they any good?

I used to go to MDU when they were drifting infront of the train station, but I'm eager to see what MIDrift is like!

Wow, I've eaten there.

Lived in Flint-town til 2010 then moved faaaar south. My ex is now a mechanical engineer at ford.

I've done the scca course. All you really do is go over the basics and the track then they send you out to figure it out.

>quads

checked
also yeah as a friend put it when i was doing it at pocono, you could literally show up in a unicycle and bike helmet and they wouldn't say anything until after the session started

Really? This guy makes it look pretty bad:
youtube.com/watch?v=sgYJ3bqSkN8&list=PL9d6sXObkgzEIemr1Fl7v3bqiiQIisBFm

>traverse city
>all roads are straight lines
also michael moore cultists with outbacks and prii

Why don't you just say what fucking city or town? No one can backtrace you

>Ontario

How did you end up living somewhere worse than Detroit?

ypsilanti, if anybodys even heard of it

Why the fuck do they just stand in streets? I've driven through Compton and there's a bunch of similar shit going on, but they just stand around in yards or parking lots.

Yea my ex knowledges there. That's actually a not so bad area since you have Michigan Ave.

>Ypsi
Lol I live between Ypsi and Arbor. Enjoy getting stabbed.
Whereabouts you at?

>Ypsi
Lol enjoy getting stabbed.
I live between Ypsi and Arbor. Whereabouts you at? In April I was thinking about getting my friend with his 9-3 and heading out to the Waterford Hills Road Racing for one of their open track days. There's also the Milan Dragway which also has open days, but everything is closed right now.

Nice to know people from this cesspool of a city

Last time I drove down to Detroit was to get parts, place looked like a prison and was owned and operated by the biggest slavs they ever shipped over. Great guys one had an fd rx7 but they lived in boogieville.

No yards or they're full of shit.

Midland here. Where did you move to, OP?

Anyone else around the Midland area?

Ypsi used to be nice, Now It's all blacks and a shithole.

Seems to be a common thread there with certain demographics...

yeah south of michigan ave is sketch, but otherwise not bad especially around EMU. fairly cheap to rent compared to ann arbor

dont get me wrong the areas around downtown are a wasteland, but you can't ascribe that to the whole city when there's many nice suburbs.

ypsi. man you're really in the middle of nowhere

Right. I’ve only know one good road in town to drive late at night.

I'm pissed that theres so few twisties. At least there's some traffic circles to drift in the rain

also live on the border of ypsi and ann arbor, wonder how many fellow Veeky Forumstists are from here

where at?

I'm near EMU. would def go to the racetrack in spring even if its just to watch. Probably won't let me on without a rollbar

theres more people around here than I expected desu

>Posting a picture I took
Whatever floats your boat user
Do they still meet at o'reilly's on Friday nights

Ayy unoh
What do you drive? What shotty mods have you done to it?

I live in lima and while its a shit hole there plenty of stuff going on around an hour away or less like three dirt tracks one in lima couple of drag strips mdu events are relatively close and indianapolis isnt all that far depends on what you like

I know one of you autists live in Howell, I've seen your WAT sticker on your riced WRX

Anyone here from Adrian? Plz come race me at the go kart track this season...

what kind of karts do you mess with?

Between poseyville and Homer. Can’t remember the name of the road though.

Yeah, in the summer.

Sterling here. No, not Sterling heights.

>Flint
Never again. Friend talked me into going down there for a new years party. All we heard for 10-15 minutes were celebratory small arm gunshots.

Maybe it was Grand Rapids. Don't remember now, was some frat house surrounded by places falling apart.
>Frat house looked like a mansion compared to everything nearby

Get yourself a set of tires great for sand. The trails are quite nice. Sometimes I'm in the Grayling area.

I miss Joe and the poor boy. I make frequent trips to Bay City.

Is the tridge still as nice as it use to be? Last time I was there it was looking like it needed some TLC.

welcome, enjoy our grids and lack of fun roads

I used to go there every other Friday, last time I went it was infected with stancers and mustangs.

Should make a trip once summer kicks back in.

They recently added some TLC to downtown in general. The tridge got some maintenance work, but downtown has these heaters on the corners.

Wasn’t that much stancers there this last year, but definitely mustangs.

Stancers should be gassed

>I'm in the metro Detroit area

Welcome to Michigan friend. Enjoy the good food, beautiful scenery and Michigan u turns. Obviously you'll have to venture out for those except the u turns, those are everywhere. You'll get used to it.

coming from Chicago, its not much of a change

michigan lefts threw me for a fucking loop at first

I was looking over the rules for Waterford, and their open days only require a roll-bar if you have a convertible without roll support.

Yeah I was just checking the rules myself. nc miata has hoops behind the seats from the factory so it might be ok. I'll call them closer to spring

If you click around there's a shot of two Miatas and a Supra, and I don't see a rollcage on the miatas. Just make sure you're a short dude to pass the broomstick test.

That because no one cares if a Miata owner dies

so they do the broomstick test afterall? I might be fucked then - im 6 foot

I'm not super positive; there seems to be discrepancies between the forum version and the PDF version on their site.
I may have to ask about my Envoy though and see if they'll entertain that.

Where does someone move from that makes them think Detroit is better and not that bad?

A lot of 'Detroit so bad lol' is just people bagging on Detroit just because. Not saying it's not completely unwarranted, just that it's not some complete third-world anarchy. Their tap water is top notch.

come to da UP, they dont use salt on the roads up here

Oh yeah, tip of the mitt roads are the shit, especially the coastal roads around lakes like Mullett and Burt.
>tfw drove a minty mani 1988 Fiero GT during the golden hour along the coast

its more like 'small part of a major city is bad lol'
same shit goes on in bad parts of chicago, LA, NY, whatever

Don't get me wrong, it's kinda the opposite with Detroit with the majority being dodgy, but it's not as bad as the rumors.

i'm the beat to hell 944 that has waifus plastered all over it

including the burbs?
gfs parents live in Rocherster hills and its as white as Iceland... so are some of the surrounding neighborhoods. I've also been around Livonia and other west suburbs and its pretty decent.

a weeb porche... I mean, its got character

I see OH here

Just moved to Youngstown recently.

Anyone wanna work on shitboxes? It gets lonely....(also someone who knows about changing timing belts on 1.8t engines would be lit)

I came from Flint it was an improvement, though and marginal one

I dont think ive seen you around yet how long since ya moved? Best way to meet people around town is the car meets just depends on your flavor of people there pretty much shut down in the winter just like the motorsports scene =/ alot of stuff happens at unoh though im sure you could get something going if you have the right idea and talk to the right people
UNOH is a... special place think of it as Veeky Forums personified into a college campus.

Marysville(next to Port Huron, but white). I'd be down for a meet come nicer weather.

You howell too my dude? Ive seen that wrx guu as well... What do you drive?

New Haven fag here. Enjoying our shitty Michigan roads? Im totally up to go for a rip, but my miat is apart and i have been to lazy to finish it.

Same with my Corvette. Find any meteorite chunks around your place?

No, I haven't looked. Im kinda bummed that I didn't get to see it in person.

Dude holy shit that first picture is right down the road from where my stepdad lived when I was young. Many childhood summer days were spent dicking around Mt. Morris. I'm a Birch Run native myself, about 10 minutes north.

What needs to be done to your Miata?

water pump, timing belt, and seals. before I started the ecu was switching between open and closed loop at idle but idk what was causing that that.

Computers can be annoying, especially when you don't have info right in front of you.

Working on open sourced can bus stuff is super helpful in learning.

and yet here I am about to install a set of Teins, plus shopping for some 17s next season. Just rattle my shit up michigan

My grandparents live half a mile from amc dude, original topic when I posted that was me being upset that that guy wouldn't sell his "projects"
small world

No I just work in howell, I have a black CTS V

that pic made me kek, I remember the dogman and melonhead legends

I'm from Shelby Township.

Any Yoopers? Ishpeming/Champion here

I keep forgetting a third of the state is all the way across the lakes... need to check it out this summer