/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The Summer Games 2017 event is Live!
>last year's summer games items are back for regular pricing (1x), while new items are also available for event pricing (3x)
>the event lasts three weeks, starting from when it began (August 8th)
youtube.com/watch?v=2OWbGgGjdBk

>Event item tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/SUMMER_GAMES

>Most recent developer update video
youtube.com/watch?v=YPs__eUvtvU

>Newest comic
reader.madefire.com/work/w-a2da1239584645338362109be0e7f1fd/read/

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

Last Thread:

gay tumblr thread

Say no to anti-white racism.

>Fatarah
Gross

>potato tumblr pharah
Thicc was a mistake

MOVIN' WITH THE PAY-LO

Which hero would you most want to _______ in your mouth?

YEAH THIS IS MY JAM!

I only like Veeky Forums or loli Pharah desu

>still no beach themed map

I want tracey to stick her tongue into my mouth!

Now that Roadhog is out of the meta will doomfist pick up the slack or Dva the new go-to tank toon?

>doomfist
>tank

They need to add more hair to McCree.

Blue skin is best skin

Waifu fags are genuinely ruining Veeky Forums

>350 health
>insta kill ability on 4 second cool down
He seems pretty tankish to me. Add in his abilities stupidly large hitbox, he could very well play a off tank.

kaplan said the skin they released was accidentally the beta version and the full one is coming soon, pic related.

Can't ruin what has been shit since its beginning. That said they're particularly obnoxious with the fapbait skins

how do I get better game awareness? For one thing I have trouble keeping track of the kill feed top right, and also am sometimes pretty slow to react to damage I'm taking from say, behind me or off to the side, despite it flashing red you know, while engaged or focusing on someone (sort of a proclivity tunnel vision I guess). I've played other games like TF2 and I feel like I was much more aware then.

I even tried moving my monitor away from me a bit more thinking my screen might be too close. How to fix this? Are there any HUD options I'm not seeing that I could consider changing/turning on to help with this?

ok waifufags can leave

>*dead thread*

I CANT FUCKING PRESS TAB AND SEE THE SCOREBOARD IT FEELS SO FUCKING UNNATURAL.

I play on cancer inducing 1024x768 resolution so i literally have everything constantly in my view

why is this thread so slow?

Goes to show there's zero substance in this general and it shouldn't exist. There's no discussion about the game but plentiful walls of text from sexually repressed nerd rebbitors spouting off fantasies

health

>laptop

Because the other thread is still under 750 and this was created too early and no one has linked to this. We shouldn't even be posting here yet.

No ive just had this monitor since like 2005 and its the only piece of hardware that hasnt broken down on me so i havent replaced it

Threads exist for those who want to participate in them, user. The thread will die when no one wants to do that.

You don't get to dictate what does and doesn't have purpose.

Great, and the OP is trash as well.
can the mods just delete this thread please?

Why do low rank people insist on playing healers other than Mercy or Lucio? They do not have the mechanical skill to make use of Ana or Zen. Resurrect and Sound Barrier are insanely useful at low rank and the team with Mercy/Lucio is 90% more likely to win

pffft what holy shit go flip some burgers for a week and get one from this century

Because it's a game? They play what they find fun.

>why do people play what they want to play? why aren't they autistic and main 2 toons like me instead of trying to get better at other toons?

I dont need to everything else has broken down and been replaced its gotten to a point that i really dont care about getting a new monitor and want to see how long this one will last me.

>people getting mad in lucioball

Well shit I'm the guy who was asking and you should consider just getting a better monitor with faster response times (yours is bound to be as high as if not higher than 5ms), and if you want to splurge, higher refresh rate (144hz, or 240 if you're a rich man). You know, provided you can get 144 frames per second consistently.

Hey r*ddit

MOTHERFUCKER I WAS 1976 SEASON HIGH, JUST ABOUT TO TOUCH GOLD, NOW I AM 1662

WHERE CAN I FIND GROUPS THAT ACTUALLY PLAY TO WIN, I CAN'T DEAL WITH THESE "lol I'm solo healing a 5 dps team" GAMES, FUCK, FUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm talking about competitive, where the goal is to win, you fucking retards

>Fatarah

>playing comp

best boy, best girl, best friends

Nope. I just don't have delusions about a video game being anything more than a way to kill time and have fun.

Taking games seriously when you aren't playing them professionally is just stressing yourself out for no reason. Focus that passion on something more productive my man.

but the tumors in my eyes already have set in and i cant see anything higher

>play the exact same 6 characters in every game or I will ree
Overwatch isn't designed or balanced to be competitive and nobody cares about your rank.

full image pls

Does anyone have a scan of this yet?

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

Coming back to this game my experience in it really shows compared to the one star prestige tryhard faggots
>some little fag playing qp likes it comp. trying every smart ass trick in the book.
>still loses, butthurt in chat
>next game deliberately pick the shittiest hero in the game
>still stomp him
Just the difference in skill is vast.

Hana Song!

You're thinking of Hanzo, Genji's brother. that does the licking.

REMINDER THAT BUNGHOLE LOVES TO LICK BUNGHOLES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

kek

Virgin losers posting their sexual fantasies isn't discussing the game

Mercy, Winston, Pharah, Soldier. Mostly Mercy because no one picks healer.

reminder that Hana is CUTE and also STRAIGHT

And only likes white men.

>straight

stop.

soooooooooooooooooooo....................
soldier 76 seems to suck massive cock now
mccree too
gengi just rapes them to death and is in every fucking match

im so tired of this game being a giant cluster fuck of imba shit. it turns my experience into a meaningless nihilist nothingness.

the imbalanced stupid shit makes the game boring.

i think its time to find a new game

/u/ is that a ways man

let me know what you find

Did they buff genji? He seems faster, especially swift strike seems different.

My monitor is only 60hz, but in the nVidia Control Panel I managed to force it to 71 without any immediately apparent visual errors. Should I leave it there? Or go to 70? Does it matter? 1. Is it more likely to be stable in that kind of increment? 2. Should I be concerned about my monitor dying much faster?

This was fucking frustrating. I kept getting teammates who just clustered around me. Stay in the goal? So do they. Move down the field? So do they. Stand still? So do they.
Guess my rank.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter either way but if your monitor can't go over 60fps I don't see any reason to run the game any higher than that framerate

i had one more loss than you and still somehow ended up in masters so 2500?

>people judge their skill based on overbuff stats

it blows my mind that people actually still do this

>This was fucking frustrating.
welcome to overwatch
this game is not about being good.
it is about enduring frustration

to not have any input latency you need to run the game at like 90-120 fps regardless
its why the poorfag rigs so frequently end up in bronze, no matter how much they say theyre "used to it" it still makes a humongous difference

Ayyy.

>getting this triggered
Cry more bitchboi

damn

makes me wonder what you get placed if you win throughout? Top 500?

hows that law breakers game?

*black men

Plat, i believe

>how blizzard treats their korean fanbase

used to be a fan of cliffy b games back in the day so I played the open beta last week and was not impressed desu

seemed like a slower quake with a class system

Input latency?

My game was running at like 100 let's say on ultra settings, with it all on low I get steady 280-300fps at worst in matches. You're saying I don't have "input latency" where I would with 85fps (on the same 60hz monitor)? Is that a trait of the engine or what?

looked to me like tribes with heros.
seemed neato

>play pharah
>enemy soldier has perfect aim and shoots me out of the sky
>goes full auto and hits every time, recoil doesn't affect him
>he's basically always ulting

FUCKING HACKERS

>leave a shit team in quickplay
>"repeatedly leaving matches will result in a penalty"

i'm almost positive the stats in the corner of taimou's stream say he plays 60fps so i wonder how much of a difference it really makes

yes and yes
its why the buffering options in the settings menu exist, the game prebuffers x amount of frames for the sake of maintaining the framerate but at the cost of delaying your mouse inputs by that same number of frames
higher framerate means that the number of buffered frames occupy a proportionally smaller window of time which means less input delay
its why every single pro runs the game on low settings regardless of how strong their pc is, minimizing the delay is more important than poly count or volumetric lighting effects

doomfist is a fucking funfun

we will never see a warning that says
"being a shitter will result in a penalty"

That's a really weirdly shaped ass. It's like the artist tried to do a side profile and a 3/4 view at the same time.

>>play pharah
This was your first mistake.

the menus all run at 60fps no matter what you cap at because the way the effects animate is directly tied to the framerate, increasing the cap increases animation speed and decreasing it slows menu navigation to a crawl

>its why the buffering options in the settings menu exist, the game prebuffers x amount of frames for the sake of maintaining the framerate but at the cost of delaying your mouse inputs by that same number of frames
>higher framerate means that the number of buffered frames occupy a proportionally smaller window of time which means less input delay
>its why every single pro runs the game on low settings regardless of how strong their pc is, minimizing the delay is more important than poly count or volumetric lighting effects
jesus fucking christ. thats why my shots that seem like they should hit always miss. this game is fucking shit. fucking shit

oh all the menus are 60, that explains it

I'm gonna draw a Widowmaker. Give me a sexy pose.

Do you think they will surprise us with a rio and Sydney map soon? Since they modelled the background.

Why do I want to impregnate Mercy the most?

So i'm new to this game(console), only level 27. Played my placement matches, got 1 draw 3 losses and 6 wins. Got 2287 gold. Is that good or nah?

Take your pick

a favela map would be neat
lucio would be king with all the wallriding
although itd probably be 2cp because >blizzard so im not sure i even want any new maps at this point

I'm tired of being on the 'slightly worse' team

You're on console and you're gold. You're like a PC bronze.

>spawn as goalie
>"AHA! TIME TO ATTACK. GOTTA GO FAST."

I believe it's about time to bring back crucifixions, should help solve this problem.