drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

DMB adds exactly the same amount of damage as Lightning Blade, at equal levels of Faith. It's just that Magic damage is less frequently resisted by players than Lightning damage.

Road of Sacrifices is dirty with twinks wielding Lightning-buffed Raw DSAs, Dark Hands and Borthammers. Upper Irithyll is just post-Pontiff's, and it's pure cancer because that's where most people set up gank squads to kill Aldrichfags.

>Using BKH in DaS1 for the first time
>Literally one shot the second Gargoyle with a 2h R2
Ridiculous

anyone else going back to DS1?

so bored with DS3, the game is just missing something that DS1 has

>entering Darkroot before completing Parish
You were probably overleveled anyways.

How do you fuck up that hard?

You can get the BKH as soon as you leave the Asylum

Remember

If you aren't RED, PURPLE or ORANGE

You still aren't welcome in this general. This is an invader general.

Master Key makes going to Darkroot at the start super easy.

linking here because it's relevant information for any would-be invaders

this is a red general after all

that doesnt sound fun at all

i don't know, something that works well and is kind of themed I guess? I've kinda been thinking of some kind of a "priestess" build of some kind, but I heard that miracles are aaaaaawful in ds2 and I am unimaginative and can't think of something else

lances sounds like it could be fun, do they have any standout lances? any builds that work super well for them?

Is it just me or do Purples tear through all other spirits when they invade?

Purples are the true master race, but we don't need to be acknowledged.

Why are there so many retards who dont level vigor and die in 1-2 hits?

Spacelaunch combo still a thing?

The backswing into spacelaunch still works.

R1 into backswing into spacelaunch isn't true anymore

what combo?

Miracles are mostly defensive in nature in the early game, and most of the better projectile spells aren't until very late game so you're mainly stuck relying on buffs and infusions. You can also side-specialize in Pyromancy, since that scales off of total Int and Fai.

Most lance builds are just generic quality and/or Str builds. All you really need is to get Old Leo Ring, Ring of Blades and maybe Stone Ring, and you're more or less good to go.

Nope, got patched out a few months ago. It still hits like a truck though, and I love it for that.

>lances sounds like it could be fun, do they have any standout lances? any builds that work super well for them?

Lances all have really high counter modifiers so if you learn to time your attacks when the enemy is attacking, you will do 60% extra damage (80% with leo ring).

Grand Lance is exceptionally overpowered for how early in the game you get it (they made it accessible earlier in SOTFS)

Heide Lance is good. It has higher power than grand lance when buffed, and lets you run a faith build. Heide

Doing Str/Fth with Heide Lance is probably one of the easiest builds for first time pve. You can get it fairly early by dropping down to the gutter from Majula and killing the heide knight hiding there. If you burn an ascetic you can get the Greatlance, which is heavier but does even more damage.

miracles are overpowered in DS2, but only defensively. Your lightning spears only get a a few casts and you have to use melee, so there's no such thing as a pure caster faith build. But if you use melee, then faith is extremely powerful because it has the best damage type, best self buffs, best healing, best weapon buffs and bosses are almost always weak to lightning.

I'm currently doing a BKGS run. If you go through Darkroot, Catacombs and Undead Asylum, you can actually get enough Twinkling to fully upgrade it to +5 (if you save all your Twinkling for that one occasion). I literally killed Capra Demon in two swings, and did 1.1k damage to Gaping Dragon's face with the 2HR2. Shit's kind of absurd.

Lance builds are kind of fucked for most of a DaS2 vanilla playthrough

vanilla treated them as upgrades to normal spears, but SOTFS treats them as str alternatives to spears.

What's the saddest theme on the soundtrack of the souls games?

Does getting these twinklings require luck, or just catching lizards? For my BKH run I'm very interested.

Gwyn's Theme if you're subtle
Aldia's Theme if you like it not-subtle
but neither of these are as good as just listening to King Allant's Dialogue during his fight

gwyn
friede
twin princes

Just summoned a gank squad at pontiffs to protect me AMA

Did any blues die for you?

Oh that reminds me, better put on my blue covenant too lol

Estus refills are always appreciated, thanks.

That's one of the nice things DS1 did. If you know what you're doing, you can get JUST enough dragon scales, demon titanite, and twinkling as soon as possible to +4 before anor londo, and +5 afterwards.

Twinkling:
>1 from burg lizard (+1)
>1 from garden lizard (+2)
>1 from bloodred moss
>1 from purple moss (+3)
>2 from blooming moss (+4)
>get the remaining 4 from great hollow lizards (+5)

Demon:
>1 from dung pie (+1)
>1 from prism stone (+2)
>1 from parish demon
>4 from sen's demon's (+4)
>4 from anor londo chests (+5)

Dragon
>1 from darkroot hydra (+1)
>1 from undead dragon (+2)
>2 from ash lake hydra (+3)
>3 from ash lake pickups (+4)
>1 from blighttown chest
>1 from egg vermifuge
>2 from painted world dragon (+5)

>TFW you somehow overcome a host and his 3 phantoms

Get fucked you little bitches.

I caught lizards, traded with Warm and Soft and generally just grabbed loot in all of those places. Ended up with 2 Twinkling left over.

You need 10 total to upgrade to +5, and you can get 4 from Warm and Soft at Undead Asylum via moss trading, 2 from Crystal Lizards in the Catacombs (you'll need to exit and reload a few times though since they're in a really asshole-ish spot). The rest I think I just got as regular loot, don't remember the exact places.

how beat fume knight

Hit him until he dies while not dying yourself

velstadt's helm
flash sweat or great magic barrier
dark quartz ring +3
flame quartz ring +3
baneful bird ring
rebel's greatshield
any strike damage weapon or spear (not infused)
high health cap

hold L1
wait until he attacks
Press R1

if you mess up, press square

repeat until dead

Post best armour.

Play super defensive and never commit to an attack if you're not sure that he won't be able to counter you.

Put on Velstadt's helm to make him rage mode at the start of the fight, his buffed FUGS hits super hard but it's easier to keep track of than FUGS and the straight sword.

>alonne
I dare you to say it without sounding like engrish "iron"

Is it not pronounces AH-LON?

Why do hosts + 3 phantoms L1 a lot when they beat you?

Victory dance.

nth for weaponfu

post em

Gwyn's is a classic.
Artorias' is also pretty good, even if you're not a fanboy.
Vendrick's is quite fitting for the mood, I think most people discount it too easily.
Aldia's is haunting and kind of tragic at the same time, not exactly fitting to the situation but still pretty nice.
Gael's (first phase) really hits the spot for the fight.

Souls players developed their own language

>get summoned to fight
>tap L1 twice
>host does the same
>this means we are ready to fight

>host dies
>pic related

No matter how you say it, knowing it's a Japanese game and these guys defend Iron Keep makes me hear it like some poor JPN voice actor trying to say iron.

Despite the fact that all of the games have been voiced exclusively by British thespians.

I just do it to fidget and because it looks silly with some weapons.

It's because in DS1 you couldn't cancel gestures, so to avoid getting stuck in an animation you would tap L1 to let players know you're ready

it then turned into some pseudo-teabagging thing where players would spam L1 to taunt other players.

>Invade host who has a phantom
>Gets mad when I am not fighitng him head on

what did he mean by this?

He's mad you didn't let him kill you

Goddamned hosts think they are entitled to easy invader kills...

Gimme an idea for my next DS3 run

poise run

66 strength
80 dex
60 int
60 fth
40/40 quality
40/40 pyro
40/40 luck-dex bleed

there's no other builds

Bow/crossbow run

I'm planning to make a low sl invader in the 20-30 sl range. I'm planning to do a dex build most likely a katana fag. Should I go with mercenary or deprived?

mercenary, since you have fewer stats wasted in fth/luck. You'll be at the same SL for the same vig, str, and dex, but mercenary gives you more attn and end.

H-How long would it take someone to actually do this? I spent twenty hours on my one playthrough and i'm still SL 99

Mercenary is literally more efficient in all the important areas, and you never want to go Deprived unless you're going to abuse the Reddit glitch a lot on that character. Unlike Deprived, Mercenary can actually transition into a minmaxed build once you're tired of staying at SL25 and want to finally hit 120.

Actually about to start a katanafag myself, mainly for PvE. What's the best upgrade path for the Uchi/Washing Pole? Sharp or Hollow/whatever for bleed (are bleed builds still any good?)

That's all different builds not one.

Bleed is shit, always go Sharp on a Dex build. If you need to bleed, use Wardens instead.

Oh, that makes sense.

That's not one build, those are all different builds, but expect probably 15-20 hours per character, depending on how far into the game you have to go.

If you mean how long it takes to softcap all the stats, you have to reach SL~350. That's not very hard to reach once you're at NG+X and lothic castle.

Large Sword of Moonlight > any large magic sword

Holy Moonlight Sword > trash moonbabby knock offs

Is Heysel's Pick any good?

This. Holy Moonlight Sword is the best incarnation in every conceivable way. How you receive it, the customization, the weapon itself, and aesthetics

STOP

>blue popsicles
who the fuck greenlit this

NEVER

(You)
(You)
Naotoshi Jin company founder

>playing demon's souls
>it's been a while
>loot knight armor, only pick up helmet and the rest is just dropped on the ground.
>leave to put items away and come back, armor is gone forever I have to restart. fuq

I never come to /dsg/ since the only game I played was Demons to plat it. But I loled at how bad the person in that webm sucked. Have my arbitrary bump.

Pls respond

It's an alright catalyst (208 vs court sorceror staff's 238) and an awesome int-scaling melee weapon since the WA affects the buff and you can chain from R1 into R2 spells.

Oh fucking christ. I accidentally hit andre with a fully charged r2 from my greatsword and killed him. And now he wont upgrade my shit. Am I fucked?

You have to go to the next game cycle

How do you fuck up this bad? It sounds borderline deliberate.

Jesus christ im fucking retarded. I dont know how i managed to fuck up this bad.

So it's worth using for an Int run? Am I gonna be lacking in boss fights or whatnot?

This has to be bait

You can make anything work in boss fights as long as you upgrade it and put some stats into the appropriate scaling. Heysel pick can carry you throughout the game, especially once you get the leo ring.

A good standard Int run is to use heysel pick until you get the Greatsword of Judgement or Moonlight Greatsword.

>Leo Ring
Huh?

And I was planning on using it for the long run. No idea what to use in my off hand though. Too bad there are no miracle casting weapons in the game

Leo Ring boosts counter damage from thrust attacks. Heysel Pick is a pickaxe, which means all of its attacks are thrust damage. it makes your melee attacks much more powerful if you hit during an enemy's instability frames.

Huh, alright. Guess I'll get my ass down to Farron's Basin of Ballsweat and get that pick

Was there one in Metal Wolf Chaos?

>Get invaded by some loser in catacombs
>See him running up to me
>Claymore in one hand grass crest shield in other
>Immedately know im going to kick his ass
>Throws a hunter charm at me and starts advancing
>I immediately greed him with an ultra greatsword to the face
>He starts blocking and trying to circle strafe backstab me
>Guard break him
>Instakill reposte
That retard was still playing Dark Souls 1.

>Trying to block an Ultra Greatsword
what the fuck

>Dark Souls 3 only has one (1) blacksmith
>Bloodborne doesnt have a blacksmith to accidentally hit
Lmaooooo

>Dark Souls 2 has three (3) blacksmiths
>two of them are literally useless as blacksmiths, with one of them only being good for trading boss weapons

Isn't the Rose of Andariel a miracle catalyst?

Want to do a ng+ DaS2 run.
Remember
>Shrine of Amana
>The gutter/Black Gulch
>The run to smelter demon
Decide not to do an ng+ run.

Oh shit your'e right. Incoming Heysel Pick Rose of Andariel build

What could I even do with that combo

This game has so many little issues with its camera and lockon that never stop annoying me. There are so many bosses where the lock on will just turn off by itself for no reason. Like against Midir, Pontiff, Demon King, and Nameless King, and the game always zooms in too far in tight areas. Other games make walls transparent so that you can see what the fuck is happening but not in this game because fuck you. How the fuck are we 5 games into this and we still have these issues?

I've done it, it's garbage and you shouldn't bother outside of PVE.