Well Veeky Forums What is the safest car out there? I am looking for a safe and reliable car for my wife...

Well Veeky Forums What is the safest car out there? I am looking for a safe and reliable car for my wife. She has never driven before and she turns 30 soon. She will be toting around our 1 year old daughter.

I am also looking for something that doesn't break down all the time as my car is using all my car maintenance time.

Toyota Corolla

Now shut up and fuck off.

XC90

>$3k Civic
>$3k Miata
Plus you can just give the car to your wife’s child once its old enough to drive.

Didn't volvo sell to china now? I knew they were safe, but the chinese are known to cut corners.

New? Used? $?

>She will be totaling around

ftfy

You realize you can google this right?

buy her a FUCKING wagon, don't fall for the crossover meme.

>have kid
>suddenly need starship enterprise sized SUV for >muh safety

I grew up with a 1980s Lada and turned out fine, candy asses these days

Import a euro model. They're still built in sweden.

W
A M G
G
O
N

I was in the same situation with my wife. She's never driven before. We got a Saab 9-5 for $3k so if she wrecks it, oh well. One of the safest cars out there even today.

you see ivan, when drive car of not safety, never crash, for fear of instant die.

But miatas don't have airbags

>You're wife's child
Went right over your head

Abrams with cushioned interiors

> Never driven before
> 30 years old

She's well past the age where she's able to learn natural driving ability. You're cognitive learning abilities basically drop dramatically after your early 20's and this especially applies to spatial learning skills such as driving.

Unfortunately for you, no matter how safe the car you get her, she will always be shit at driving and the chances of her wrecking and killing herself is exponentially higher than someone who started driving in their teens.

Let me guess, you imported some kind of monkey-faced asian from a dirty jungle asian country because you're too much of a loser to get a woman normally? Sucks to be you.

Kill them both and then yourself for being in this situation

>Went right over your head

This, but unironically

First off, something that doesn't have a skyscraper high COG. Someone with little to no driving experience will panic steer and flip a memeover before they've even had a month behind the wheel. Low is safe. Good handling is safe.

Also, when selecting tires, eco long life is a crap, and whatever it has from factory is a crap. Buy performance summer and winter tires and sell off the old junk. The kind that are stupidly expensive can wear out really fast. They have massively better braking distances and absolutely will at some point save your collective bacon. If one single time they let you stop a foot shorter to not hit someone or something they will make up for their cost 10 times over. Tires are literally the number two factor in making a car safe, number one being an experienced and alert driver. Collision safety is very much a secondary priority to collision avoidance.

What I'd suggest would be a Mazda 6. They're quite reliable, and shouldn't take any excessive amounts of your time. It's up to modern crash standards for if things go worst case scenario, and any modern crash standards are more than enough to keep your family safe. It has plenty of safety features to stay out of real trouble without being so full of electric nannies that she will never become a halfway competent driver on her own. The safest car is the car driven by someone who does not need a safe car.

The kind that are stupid expensive *and* wear out really fast.

That's just what I get for phoneposting

EK Civics are tin cans and definitely not safe for babies.
And NA Miatas don't have back seats.

I'd probably go Volvo or some Volvo based Ford like Five Hundred/Taurus/Explorer.

from what I'm finding, only one of the S60 trims is made in China

Used model S can be had for $30k. Safest thing you can buy at a reasonable price.

done some research and found volvo to be the safest cars especially the xc90 and xc60
they look nice too!!