Vette or F-body???

Would you rather daily a c4 vette or a 3rd gen transam?
>my situation
Broke kiddo going to uni, want an oldie because they're mechanically simple head turners. None of that "hook it up to a computer" shit.. might need four seats time to time but two is maybe manageable

Other urls found in this thread:

daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-pontiac-trans-am-5-speed/6449844812.html
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-corvette/6470532990.html
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-corvette/6446321088.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-chevy-corvette-low-miles/6451837362.html
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=475052964&zip=32803&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32803&startYear=1981&numRecords=100&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=1996&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&transmissionCodes=MAN&startYear=1981&numRecords=100&firstRecord=0&endYear=1996&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pros & cons of each?
Here are the two I'm looking at. Do note the trans am can be had for $4k (I talked to the guy) and has a godly sounding 383 stroker, whereas the vette I dunno nothing about yet except that they cost a lot to keep on the road.
daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-pontiac-trans-am-5-speed/6449844812.html

ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-corvette/6470532990.html

boggles my mind why people bother with turd gens over c4s when the price is about the same.

Idk I think the "turd gen" would make a better daily driver even though the c4 might be the better car
>pontiac pros
looks
color
space
sound
can be dwights car from the office with an '87 spoiler and rims
>pontiac cons
needs paint
swapped motor could mean reliability issues, idk
>c4 pros
clean paint
newer, lower mileage
removable top?
>c4 cons
potentially more expensive, idk
two seater
needs upholstery

Your trans am will start out a bit worse than the vette but can be built up to be way better, the vette will start out pretty ok and always be pretty ok without serous mods, youll never be able to put a big block into the vette and its got a weird transmission they both have water leaking problems, stay away from t tops

Get a vette you soyboy cuckold. What wrong? Can't handle the power of America's supercar?

Teach me about vettes, why should I get it instead. Is the BMW tier maintenance cost a meme? And what are C4 engine options? 383 stroker seems beefier just by the name, so I'm obviously not scared of the power

I have a similar thought.

I'd personally drive and enjoy C4 and keep whatever little value it has left.
F-body screams "redneck."

I'd daily the TA if poor because cost effective and easier to get used parts cheap for if needed.

the transmission is German

Maintenance isn't a problem. You also get all the power and prestige that comes with a Vette. People think you're wealthy even if you only buy a $2k C4. Stacey's haven't heard of a transam, but every single one of them knows about the Vette.

Also why a C4? C3's have superior looks and C5s have far superior performance/reliability for not much more $$$.

get the trans am. you can fuck your cousin in the back seat. can't do that in a vette.

>Why C4?
When OP's cross-shopping with an F-body he's obviously hurting for money.

i got my c4 in excellent condition with 74k miles on it for 3500. youre not going to find another gen vette for that. yeah its slow and yeah its not the best gen, but its fun a hell to drive, and did i mention its unmolested and 3500 lousy dollars? go find a c3 or c5 for that.

another difference between camaros and vettes is vettes are most likely going to have been treated way better. good chance the first decade of its life was garage kept by a boomer.

Alright OP, if you're listening and you're so poor that you can't even afford an 8k C3, then go with the C4.

A Vette is still a Vette. Unless you're a literal r9k it will get you hoes and help you go fast. You really can't lose.

Buy this OP.

Also, don't forget that the only real Corvettes are red or yellow.

thats literally what i got for 3500 bucks.

ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-corvette/6446321088.html
What about this
>350
>red
>$4k

Get the vette, but also shop around a little more. You can get a lower price with fewer miles and in a better color.

theres no details on that ad, doesnt look molested, but idk. neat that its a manual and 85+. 84 is the oddball, go for 85+ if you can.

the hood and spoiler are hideous.

The price is better, but it looks like it has been repainted, and they don't tell you the miles.

I'm also not a fan of the massive hood scoop, but that's personal taste.

Your toaster has more room than a C4. Just a heads up.

Also, get the updated C4, IIRC 88-91 or something. Has updated interior and TPI. Don't go earlier than that.

85+.

crossfire on 84 is weird, but not 'bad'.

I've had both, C4 was faster but the GTA was more fun.

Not sure how you feel about a red interior, but this one is pristine and the guy would probably do 5k.
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-chevy-corvette-low-miles/6451837362.html

Sorry I can't it's automatic

Well OP, I'd say you just have to keep an eye out for deals then unless you just want to say screw it and buy a newish one for 9.64k.
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=475052964&zip=32803&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32803&startYear=1981&numRecords=100&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=1996&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&transmissionCodes=MAN&startYear=1981&numRecords=100&firstRecord=0&endYear=1996&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV

I have a Vette too, and I got a great deal on it. I just had to spend a month watching Craiglist, Autotrader, and the Corvette forums.

If you want a 350 manual then that limits you to the Corvette. F bodies with the 350 only had automatics or settle for 305 with the T5.