So I've seen a few people here who own R32s...

So I've seen a few people here who own R32s. I've contacted multiple agencies and dealerships to buy one and I think im gonna end up paying anywhere between 17-25k for a decent GTR right now. There is a dealership named Montu that sells some in the low 20k that I talked to. Most of the companies I've called said prices are just gonna stagnate but will go up with clean cars, but it may begin to reach the 10-15k range again once the later models come out. My question is should I just hold out to see of the price begins to drop or just jump straight in?

>inb4 fag
Yes I know its retarded but people on this board have experience with buying
>inb4 le gtr instead of GTSt or *Insert other shitbox*
Yes I know its a stale choice but its something I've always wanted.Its the last dream car I wish to own thats affordable.
>inb4 expensive to fix
>inb4 user that spent 40k on one comes into thread
>inb4 wrong place/go ask gtr forum
No thanks. Its just circle jerking/1000HP BRO/muh rims

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18415694/#q18415694
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stay far the fuck away from Montu Motors

Why?
>inb4 black ops performance

lipstick on pigs scenario with a lot of the cars they sell, bullshit auction sheets, lying about mileage, etc.

I do not own a Montu car but that's all I've ever seen about them on all the Skyline FB groups.

If you want a quality, no bullshit GTR buy one from either Sean Morris (International Vehicle Importers) or Steve McCarty (Rivsu)

Yes. I know IVI. A little out of budget but I live right next to them.

I would get one now if you want one. I was considering buying an R32 GT-R a little over a year ago, and prices I've seen have only gone up since then. Make sure you talk to your insurance company though, mine wanted the car to be insured as a classic or antique so it could be appraised.

I was talking to japaneseclassics.com/ when I was looking.

>Japanese classics
After that user got shafted paying 40k into a mediocre GTR, I gonna stay skeptical about them kek

Dude hands down has the top GTRs for sale in the country. He's a bit of an asshole to stupid people (kinda hilarious honestly) but is probably the most knowledgeable guy in the country for them alongside Sean Kirby.

>Japanese Classics
that's the one that took user for a ride on that $40k GTR IIRC lmfao

Hey hows it going memer507.

if you are buying from florida buy a gtr from horsepower logic

>that's the one that took user for a ride on that $40k GTR IIRC lmfao
I must have missed that, what happened? I almost bought one from them in September, but it was $27k.

>September
2016, that is.

>user says hai guys check my gtr
>i got it for 40k
>100k miles
>user says he got his for 18k with 100k miles
>banter insues
>OP rage quit

why are burgers so desperately obsessed with R32s?
you can get equal or better performance for less, unless you're some fag buying a car just to show off

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18415694/#q18415694

So should I hang around and watch the market or go out and look to buy one now?

Not really, that user was just dumb for paying 39k when there were other R32 GTRs on the exact same site for 25k

well, that's a tough call. I would say go for it soon, but who knows. B-J keeps selling them at ridiculous money which is driving prices up, but 33s are two years away and there could be a bunch of people who may try and dump their 32s to buy 33s.

Buy one now, Prices will go up when 33s are legal and up even more when 34's are. Everyone will want a gtr but won't pay r34 gtr prices.

they look sweet and they rip

Here in Vancouver the R32 is still selling for more than the R33 and with the 15 year old importing regulations all Skylines have been on the streets for a bit now. +1 for Sean Morris, I'm not very involved in RHD/JDM cars but I have friends who buy, sell, and trade either entire cars or parts. They have good things to say about him

A lot of Canadian R32's have gone to America with the wider audience, pro-US exchange rates, and high demand. Clean low mileage R34 GTR's have fetched up to 100k CAD here already.

What do you guys think will be the next JDM car to balloon in value? Skylines and Supras have taken off, I see some potential in the S15, still pretty cheap here even landed (clean Spec-R's can be had landed for

plug and play rb's
easy r34 swap

its the car we never had... and 24k for a "dream car" really isnt much when you have fags going out buying vettes for 90k and no one even bats an eye

Yeah the S15 is the next big ticket item probably in addition to the S14

>unless you're some fag buying a car just to show off
because this is exactly what they are doing

well that's because of the 32 being US legal. watch what happens to prices as 33s become legal

if you're only showing up to car shows yea

but its a great "lightweight" chassis thats awd and most rb engines pop right in with a little finaggling

we never got a great early 90s lightweight awd car and this is the perfect platform to build on if you have some money to throw at it

and it helps that 95% of the gtrs coming in from japan are completely rust free compared to the early 90's awd platforms that grew up in the 90's and early 2000's

Definitely, but even before the 32 being USA legal the 32 had commanded higher prices other than the short period when 33 GTR prices where pretty high when they first became CA legal

It's often regarded as the "bastard child" of the R3X chassis, personally I like them myself though.

Im kind of nervous that prices may not go down

Let them know what you can afford to pay. If you can pay 25k you can probably get a decent R32. Definitely will need work but they'll take care of you.

I think we can at least expect prices to stabilize once the R33 GT-R is legal.

I only realistically want to pay under 25k. Currently looking at auctions like a hawk and a lot of decent GTRs are fetching 15-19k. Im gonna hold out a little longer to see if prices slowly start to level out. Pretty volatile atm

Id start planning to buy now then.

Don't forget he "haggled" his way down from 45k :^)

Hit up RBMotoring. Get a decently clean 15k FOB and then get it imported. RBMotoring (Trevor) can't help you with CA legalization, just call CEE/G&K Automotive Conversions and they'll handle that part for you.

If you import and assume all risk then most import brokers will only take ~1-2k off the top instead of the 5-10k premium that most of the importers take for cars that are stateside already.

Wow didn't think this thread would be positive.
Thanks mane. I'll ring em a call soon

I swear, if you yanks make the prices rise by driving them in the winter...

>If you import and assume all risk
Just to put an emphasis on this, do your fucking research when importing yourself because if you fuck up, you will be drowned in fines and port fees.

That's why you use an import broker. They'll take care of those details. But if you don't like the car and it was in shit condition that's not the broker's problem. You have to do due diligence and make sure the car is in good condition. Brokers will often send out people to inspect the car but they can't do an extensive PPI. They can do it after they win the auction. If they discover that it's fucked then they can sell it for you but if they can't sell enough to cover your costs then you have to pay for that.

That's what I mean by risk. You're fronting the money every step of the way. You're committing to buying it. You better be damn sure you're getting exactly what you want.