/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Peter, Paarl and Mary edition.

Murdered by framerate spiders>information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info

ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

PURGE FILTH

So what's up /bbg/ are you guys still acting like cunts to each other.

I've killed Merciless Watchers at least 58 times today

I got 56 gems with either attack down or depletes health curses

Miyazaki plz bless me

Why does my boomhammer do 450 buffed but my tonitrus does 430 buffed with the same stats? I'm using a 50str/25arc with mildly shit gems but I feel like the hammer should be better

Have you tried praying to the Pthutato? Make sure to leave an offering to garner his blessing, fickle as they are.

I just realized I've never done the Upper Cathedral Ward in coop. Anyone want to come get spooked with me?

their individual buffs aren't equal, user
seems kinda self-explanatory, really

Pretty much.

Sure
I need a break from Watchers
Password?
t. Natalya

Ringing now.

Pass: bbg

Still I figured the boomhammer would at least hit harder than the kirkhammer. It should do more damage than the kirkhammer

Hey, I just realized that BB is one of the only games I haven't deleted off my hard drive, ever. Would play more often if it weren't for the fucky invasion mechanics.

>fucky invasion mechanics
What do you mean?

What gems are you trying for?

27.2% physical with either stamina use up, kin/beast down, or even durability down

Instead I get the worst of the curses a lot today lol
We doing Ebrietas?

>you can only invade if the host already summoned someone and hasn't already killed the easy-to-find bell maiden or in the 2 nightmare locations
pretty fucky to me

>We doing Ebrietas?
Nah, I always solo her. She's too easy.

I'm also never cooping Upper Cathedral ever again, that was the most boring run I've ever had of the place.

Wow that's really unlucky then. Usually it only takes like 10 kills to get one of those. Good luck.

Did we even fight a boss?

When aren't we?

We killed the living memes before it could even reach phase 2.

Also I hate myself and I just placed my Lower Hintertombs story chalice, I'll be ringing for that if you want to waste time with me.

Pass: bbg999

I agree. I don't know why they made it so hard to invade others.

I love you user

Got very lucky and got a 27.2 waning phys gem from Watchers in an Ihyll chalice
Curse is durability down

Getting elemental Temperings is pure cancer.

From can't figure out how to make invasions not vaguely shit for one or both people outside of organized fight clubs.
>Demon's twinking and equipment breaking builds
>DS1 twinking chaos weapons
>DS2 soul memory
>BB everything that guy mentioned
>DS3 stacks every advantage toward the host and pretty much guarantees them to have to go 3v1

Also Co-op has never figured out how to be balanced because enemies can only focus on one person at a time unless it's a large boss

Where is Margle? I've got more pebbles for you

Nice work I always get a little high when I get an out of shape gem. I'm killing the watcher in y592byza for 2 more 31.5 blt gems.

Git gud. My scrub-ass got an opposing-Oath invasion through SRRC earlier and I wiped the two nerds easily.

The equipment level matching to prevent twinking was exactly and all the game needed. The weird tendancy to toss invaders at coopers, while funny because fuck invaders, wasn't necessary.
I only tentatively even believe in that whole invade-coopers-more-often mechanic anyway, because I only ever play solo and I got invaded constantly on my first playthrough.

Good luck with that user! That has them somewhere in his fat folds

>My scrub-ass got an opposing-Oath invasion through SRRC earlier and I wiped the two nerds easily.
And?

And, I'm not even gud, and I can win a 2v1 in the heal-fest that is BB PvP. No one has any room to complain, especially when it's an invasionfag complaining about not being able to harass people easier.

Cool.

>Git gud. My scrub-ass got an opposing-Oath invasion through SRRC earlier and I wiped the two nerds easily.
I found 20 dollars on the ground why would you even need a salary

Anyone doing anything yet? I can't take much more of this jemmjempi farming...

I cracked open a FRC Ihyll a few days

Haven't explored it yet

Want to do that after I kill Watchers one last time?

That sounds lovely.

Glyph is 28s2zqt2
Password is bbg2

Beckoning right now in layer 1

Omw

Using SRRC?

I gave it a minute to no avail so I'm ringing in-dungeon. Not sure what's up.

If I go about running through the game at base level, how likely am I to be able to invade other players at this point?

Get everyone on board for BL4, then host BL4 FCs

Find an illusory wall
It leads us to fucking spiders

Great chalice so far lol

Oh right they hit hard.

Natalya I'm confused about your build. Didn't you post earlier that you're looking for a physical 27%? But it looks like you're on an Arc build.

Already have 2 others?

Arc/Str

Using the whirligig as a crutch until I get better gems for my arcane weapons.

Tried my hand at farming for elemental gyms the other day but got all attack down/deplete health
Got room still

I was hoping more along the lines of catching people going about their business, but that's probably something that only occurs frequently early in the games lifetime. Lets just hope BB2 doesn't do what DS3 did and keep you from invading if your weapons are upgraded. I worked hard dammit, I deserve some cheap kills.

I should probably stop posting on Veeky Forums while spelunking

I get invaded almost every time around lv60 in the nightmare and lv30 in front of Amelia

Anecdotal but still

Ok I'm on my way

Has anyone ever found a 3rd tier Guidance rune?

Are you the same Natalya that used to use skill weapons?

I thought thinnso was dead. He had like half a pixel worth of hp

Also I keep getting triangle gems in this Ihyll off of enemies. Like the Cainhurst hunter dropped a tempering triangle

So 25/50?

I don't understand how a 25-Str Whirli is a crutch lol. You're welcome to join me on my jemmjmpi farm sometime. You're gonna need Colds if you're gonna convert stuff.

IIRC it's bugged and can never be found, despite it being stated it can be found in the official guide.

Kek that jumping attack from out of nowhere

Do you think that shotgun watcher is closer than the one from y592byza?

I like the whirli a fuck ton. Sadly I lack a fire triangle to convert it

Got enough cold abyssals to convert 4 weapons. I just need the elemental gems

Also that sack man came out of nowhere. Soon as I was out of iframes from door opening animation I was dead

Nevermind. Even if it was, there's still a shitload of enemies around him.

>I just need the elemental gems
Oh well shit, I've got a zgv or whatever Abho ready for scumming, and I can always use more Fire Abyssals if you ever want to farm Hotdog.

Aiming for 27.2% triangles off of Watchers but I'll gladly take any gem

Also we got fucking oink'd by the pig. Those kicks are brutal

Oh shit are you ringing on L1? I fought my way to L2.

I can't speak for Whirly with certainty; it might be better with a Fire Tempering and waning Fire Abyssal like LHB, but generally speaking two Colds and an Abyssal is better. Though admittedly not by much.

Good to know

And yeah that pig is memeing on us at this point. Eden got killed by the little thrashing spree and I got pancaked by the follow up slam that I've never seen before lol

Maneater is no joke my least favorite boss in the game. The amount of animation cancel 1 shots is enough to make a man sick.

Well I'm back on L1 if you wanna pick me up for it.

Come ring your small at L2

Here now

Apparently piggy is immune to hentai tentacle backstabs for a few frames after getting up...frames where it can also kick

The timing's kinda tricky, yeah. I wait for both his feet to be planted under him.

The irony is he's such a joke 1v1.

Report for layer 1
Pre area: Bag man on stairs going down to a circular room with 2 tunnels (one is behind illusory). Illusory one leads to a room full of spiders and no goodies. Other one leads to a 2 tier circular arena filled with explosive jars. Room has Cainhurst hunter below and a Thinnso on a cannon on top. Loot there is Ritual blood and vials in small chests
Treasure chest guarded by a Brainsucker had a regular damp blood gem

Main Layer: Large room with pillars. Cainhurst hunter immediately on the right after exiting lamp room. Lever room has a shotgun watcher surrounded by enemies. A room near it has a sack dude guarding a small chest with ritual blood
Boss was pig

OINKED

>aura'd FRC rolly-polly Fatty
Jesus, I wonder what kind of gems he drops.

He gave me a shit tempering

It was pretty funny too I hate to say.

I turned around and was about to gesture, and he just barrels through my peripheral vision through you and right on by.

ANOTHER SURPRISE SNATCHER ULTRAFIST FROM BEHIND

Beckoning again

I have no idea how to get where we died so I'm kind of glad we'll meeting at the lamp

me too. luckily I remember the path!

I got unstuck as soon as you blanked out lmao

lol Oh well. I'm glad you didn't have to BHM

Just started a skill character.
Is using the threaded cane a msitake?
I'm still pretty early in the game, haven't killed a boss yet.

Layer 2 report

Main area: Not much of note. No pre-area. There is a Jew shop though.
Bonus area: 2 pigs (oinked us good), bone ash set hunter, and rifle dude with cane wander a long tunnel/hall. Plenty of gravestones for cover
In that area is a ladder in front of a dark tunnel. Tunnel leads to a room with another bone ash hunter. Room on top has a loose floor that gives in to that
Past that is the treasure room. Chest is guarded by a cleaver watcher and a wandering kidnapper. Treasure is 5 tomb mold

Boss is BPS

waiting on katka in L3.

Cane is technically best starter for skill characters, but it's not as OP as the other two starter weapons. It basically just forces you to git gud a lot earlier than you normally would.

Remember, even though the tricked form (the whip) seems really cool, you have to make use of the regular form as well to get the most out of the weapon. Switch between the two and try mixing in transformation attacks (press L1 immediately after any attack) and the cane will be a lot easier to use.

Katka. This is the best layer yet

I got pwned so beckoning again

I kind of wish we had the executioner axe that those big assholes in the Hunter's Nightmare have. Transformed would be their arcane thing. Fun to play as a lowercase executioner with the hood and all.

At the boss door, Katka

That room with the giant connects to a dark area with a bone ash hunter guarding a chest with 3 yellow back bone and to a place above the area before the layer 3 lamp with another chest containing 1 tomb mold

Awesome. Wish I could have seen it...

Boss is HBLB in a room filled with columns

Want me to help with your layer?

THERE'S LAYER 4

Nah I'm good. After all the other nonsense I really don't feel like fighting HBLB so I think I'm just gonna peace out and get some food. Thanks for hosting m8.

Come for layer 4, mandinga

We can do Layer 4 tomorrow

It's 3:53 AM and I work in an hour lo

Haven't slept either

Oh ok that works. Thanks for hosting.

You're true madman.

Anytime!

How does the saw spear compare to the cleaver for skill starters?

Spear is objectively better due to it being serrated in both forms.

just bought it this morning

is something wrong with my game or is it supposed to run at a cinematic 15 frames per second

game is 2 ez because i can literally see every single frame of every attack animation

>pointing out obvious technical fault is baiting

if you say so

im gonna try reinstalling but this is borderline unplayable

sound design is fantastic though

This made me salty as all fuck tbqh.

Sorry mang I had the munchies bad.

It's a feature. The 15FPS lets you view the game like a pretty flipbook. If 30FPS is more "cinematic" then 15FPS must be double-cinematic, right? Miyazaki is a hack, after all.

You're on the East Coast? It didn't feel like it lol.

I guess my ISP was dicking me over as usual.

Bloodborne have some kind of frame pacing problem. You have the slim or the Pro? If you have Pro activate boost mode for stable 30 fps.