My supra blew a head gasket, I got mad at it, sold it and I just cried now I want it back

My supra blew a head gasket, I got mad at it, sold it and I just cried now I want it back.

It was my first car and would need around 4k to fix up properly.

Am I a retard for thinking that the buyer would sell it back to me?

Yes, but you're not a retard because you want to buy it back, you're a retard because you want to purchase a Supra that you know needs thousands of dollars in repairs.

Spend that money on the down payment for a new (used) corolla or civic. It won't be as fun to fuck around in, but it'll last you a lot longer and be able to get you to work.

That's assuming you need wheels now. If not, save up longer for either a larger down payment or to just pay for something nice in cash.

No, you're retarded for crying over it. Get something better.

It's one of 140 manual turbos in this country. With the money I have I don't think that another car that is within my new car price range would come anywhere close to the Supra, I bought it for 2k 6 months ago.

I don't really need a car right now, I just want my baby back.

>I bought it for 2k 6 months ago
You had 6 months of attachment to a piece of shit, get over it. That's nothing man. Get yourself something new(er) and save your fucking money up. Unless you're on NEETbux or make minimum wage, you should be able to save up for a much more reliable vehicle that will last you 5-10 years with no major work needed.

Maybe I can save up to 5k in 2 or 3 months but even then everything I have been looking at has been a dull boring box.

I have no interest in getting something uninteresting.

>7m
PLEASE dont bother they have terrible head and headgasket design that was never fixed

>cooling system not up to scratch
>head warps because shit 80-90s jap alum
>retarded head and stud design + block issues means this will happen again and again

This. Either you put a different engine in it, or deal with that bullshit forever.

I guess you guys are right.

I'm going to go and kill myself.

In the meantime tell me about your first cars. what were they? Do you still have them etc etc.

a very common swap in us/aus/japan was a jz or uz.

id recommend a 1uz since its cheaper and fits more with the Grand Tourer philosophy of the cressida/supra
Mine was a mx62 1983 GL Cressida (basically a sedan older poopra

got a mx83 grande not long after and had both the 5mge and 7mge have head problems, overheating, dumb head design, head bolts and tonnes of other older toyota issues

how the fuck is a headgasket a several thousand dollar job u fucking gronk

Then save up for something interesting and new. How's your credit? 5k in 2-3 months is actually a significant amount of savings, meaning you could probably afford to finance a decent used car that will be fun, reliable, and "interesting".

I think "interesting" is a meme for me, though. I enjoyed driving 400 miles in my corolla much more than I did in a miata I was borrowing. I don't need major luxuries or satellite radio, just an aux cord and a load of caffeine.

I'm not interested at all in financing anything.

You're a retard for wigging out like that.

MA70's are shit though. Nice to look at, but shit.

>read op
>"would need around 4k to fix up properly"
But yeah, you're right he should just replace the headgasket and wait for another one to blow in 9 months.

I remember you making a thread after it happened. I told you not to sell it.

I'm never planning on selling mine. Eventually I'm gonna do what said and put a 1UZ in it. Eventually turbocharge that somewhere down the line.

Don't try to get it back. It's better to have loved and lost... Try to move on, find yourself a new (to you) car that you can obsess over.

7m engines are fucking horrible thats why
good let it die and flip it to some retard as a project as op did

thanks mate

i dont miss my older shitboxes at all

Yes, but if you're in australia I'll sell you mine.

>4k to fix an engine
just put a new fuckin engine in it for that money

I am truly a new level of idiot.

I exist on a different plane of retardation. Even dead or termi do not compare to what I am.

Not just the engine, though at this point I would want to do a full rebuild, there's also some small amounts of rust that need taking care of and the suspension will need a new set of bushings. Paint job possibly in about a year or so.

Or, and bare with me, you could spend those thousands of dollars on rebuilding a shitbox on actually getting a decent, running car.

Why are you against financing?

I make a personal financial choice to not get into debt and only pay for things outright only with the exception of a mortgage

>I make a personal financial choice to not get into debt and only pay for things outright only with the exception of a mortgage
Oh lord, good luck financing a home if you can't afford to finance a car. You'll never get approved for a home loan without credit, and financing a car doesn't mean you're in debt unless your payments are unable to be supported by your income.

I'm gonna level with you. We all have ones that got away. Here's mine. She was beautiful. She got attention from everybody, she was rusty, ran on 7 cylinders, temperamental. But she was my whole world for about 5 years. I will probably never see her again, and I have grown to accept that.

You can too.

Take your keynesian debt based economy bullshit, stick it up your are and fuck off you damn communist.

I can easily afford to finance a car, I simply choose not to. I like to own things outright and not have anything hanging over my head. I have more disposable income and more savings this way and feel a greater deal of financial freedom rather than being committed to a set of expenditures at a regular interval.

I'm sorry that she went after 5 years, my 6 months is nothing compared to that. Beautiful car.

Should've swapped in a JZ

a head gasket is 4k in repairs? dude pull the head off yourself. its not that bad. i've seen a video of a dude do it in a parking lot after doing a burnout,

frenchfag?

I remember the thread you made when you first blew it, you're a dickhead mate, shouldn't have sold it.

It was an easy fix, I bought my first car with a blown headgasket and changed it in the front yard with my mate (who knew less than I did) in between classes at college.

>muh 7m is shit meme

ARP head studs
HKS MLS headgasket
Never have a problem again.

Vaguely related to this thread: how reliable is the 2JZ-GE and what kind of mileage can you expect from an unopened engine?

No, but the other shit will probably amount to 4k

I am literally the biggest idiot on Veeky Forums.

On the bright side I messaged the guy about buying it back and I'm waiting for his reply.

>would need around 4k to fix up properly.
desu if you think it cost this much it's probably better you sold it.

Either you own a mk3 and you can do a headgasket yourself, or you have to pay someone else. They have so many issues that if you can't do them yourself you'll spend a crazy amount.

head warps for improper factory torque.
you can run stock one for quite a while if you fix torque on and get better head bolts and studs.

better cooling system can help longevity of the stock gaskets though aftermarket is difficult to obtain.

that's probably a really rough estimate.
though fixing issues with 7m requires he have more knowledge and experience which he lacks.

Well I offered to buy it back from the guy and it was a definite no.

So I'm going to kill myself now, while I do that what are some nice things I could get for £6k in the likely event that I don't find another manual turbo Supra?

You're just a retard all around

You probably dodged a bullet anyway mate, why don't you consider taking up other interests? Preferably something women are also interested in.

Why did you like the Supra? Do you want RWD? Do you care about weight?

The Supra felt very fast but had a really nice interior and a level of refinement. It was a bit heavy but didn't show it in the corners and of course now I will never buy a non RWD car again.

It kind of felt like riding an aging racehorse

Kill yourself and give me your money

Get a Celica, or an MR2

Get a Celica or consider a higher trim Z31. AW11 or maybe an AE86 if you can find one are options too, but their interiors are not as refined. Lots of cheap plastic. Still functional and easy to clean though. They will probably feel faster than the Supra you had just due to their smaller size and lack of material between you and the road. They're easy to work and learn on too, though the AW11 will be more of a pain in the ass, and they're reliable as all hell.

>not enjoying your first car by driving it into the ground and then spending thousands of dollars to keep it running and eventually keeping it as a trophy for the rest of your life to teach your kids how to drive in it.

>tfw I am about to sell my Mk3 and I am worried I am gonna regret it

I-it's just time to make new memories, right br/o/s?

No.

he probably warped the head and needs more than just a headgasket and stud kit