Forgot to close the gas cap and drove in the rain for like 5 minutes on a 2017 Mazda 3...

Forgot to close the gas cap and drove in the rain for like 5 minutes on a 2017 Mazda 3,everything seems fine no engine warning showed on the dash

is there any reason to be worried?

No, everything's fine.

no need to worry, fellow mazda 3 owner (i have a 2014 model).

Btw how did you manage to forget the gas tap open?

YOU WATER INJECTION INTERCOOLED NOW BREH
Why the fuck would a cel go off if you left the cap off anyway?

lack of backpressure?

well i had a night shift and was tired and a bit high soo...

>and a bit high
kys

not planning to kms in like another 10-15 years

this

driving greened out is a fuckig horrible idea i'd rather drive fatigued with no sleep than on weed fuck that

nah i was not driving high i had a smoke before work and 7 hours passed since then i was mostly just tired

I'm actually more surprised you remembered the cap was open after five minutes of driving. I haven't done this particular thing, but it's usually my experience that the most unlikely lapses in judgement are also the most unlikely to be realized

Well it took me 5 minutes to drive from the gas station to my home :)

>Why the fuck would a cel go off if you left the cap off anyway?

muh emissions. Im not even kidding. apparently evaporated gasoline is the second coming of the antichrist

I drive better when high bro

you THINK you drive better when high. so do drunks.

i know i drive like shit when drunk and i also know that after a nice bong hit or two i'm relaxed but not to the point of it affecting my driving in a negative way

It's pretty bad. Huffing gasoline is really shitty for you. Reducing evap emissions is a good thing.

opposite for me i drive much better drunk

why the hell did op fucking ask such a fucking stupid question op and anyone that has answered his question are a bunch of cunts.

Veeky Forums is not to be taken seriously so he or she that makse posts wanting advice is either a troll or a austist that think they can trust Veeky Forums.

i have never trusted Veeky Forums nor will i ever trust it.

>buying a new econobox
Kys faggot

>2017 Mazda
>any reason to be worried?

Yes, fucking YES.

Rip

Nice trips,faggot!

how the fuck a mazda 3 is an econbox?

One tank of E10 and forget about it.

>how the fuck a mazda 3 is an econbox?

>2017
>having a gas cap
t. ford owner

>Why the fuck would a cel go off if you left the cap off anyway?
One of the causes of a CEL warning light on your dash is an emissions problem.

The gas tank is actually somewhat sophisticated in its way of preventing gas vapors from leaving even as the day warms up. The appropriate sealing gas cap prevents gas vapors from coming out of the tank despite there being an evaporation pressure. Importantly, as gasoline is used up, the cap also slightly resists allowing air flow inwards. As a result, gas vapors evaporate from the pool of gas in the tank. There is no oxygen in the tank so you could put a lighter to it and have no "chuffing" explosion that vomits gas liquid out of the refill opening. Don't quote me or try this at home though. There's no guarantee everything works perfectly for 100% of every car ever made.

This seal is also why many 3rd party locking gas caps are unusable on newer cars. If it wasn't designed for that make or model's pressure system, that cap will cause the CEL to appear. Generally, locking caps allow vapor leaks due to the moving parts creating a vapor leakage path. The car computer is able to sense that pressure problem in the tank and will light up the CEL.

It sounds elaborate, but it has hugely reduced evaporative discharge of gasoline vapors from the millions of gas tanks in cars sitting out there in the sunlight. Without the ability to maintain pressure, you'd have a huge amount of gas evaporation especially out there in the arizona desert heat.