Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>What is the status of Rance Quest?
Depends on when Mangagamer announce it. The great sales of Rance VI mean that it will happen at some point and probably sooner rather than later. As far as we know it is at least 70% translated.

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Aru_Naru/status/895535028045623297
twitter.com/tulipgoddess/status/893973166963470337
imgur.com/a/OaNFL
twitter.com/ORION_PROJECT/status/482452779626029058/photo/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Quest will never be translated

It's certainly worth paying $40 dollars (if you're lucky enough to live in America, more for those of us who don't) to change Color to Kalar and Leazus to Leazas.

Let alone pushing Quest back even more.

We're talking about Arunaru though, for every 2 name fixes he's going to fuck up 20 other terms.

How would one edit pictures in IX if they wanted to improve the interface patch?

Or if that's all done, the text?

If MG is bringing over Sengoku, I'm sure quite a few people who didn't play VI will want to know where Archfiend came from.

Extract using ald, edit the picture and put back in using ald

Neat, and would I just need to replace the old one?

Yes

Save as patch, and only click on edited files

Better yet, place all edited files into a separate folder.

Cool, thanks!

Yep, doing that thanks!

Is maxing out level before triggering morurun curse worth it?

Atlach-Nacha confirmed

That's a weird way to say Pastel Chime Continue

It does raise their base cap IIRC

Looks like Prostudent G will finally be localized 24 years after it's release.

That's why I'm asking. Is the additional 3 levels worth it for the additional time of maxing out level before activating the curse as well as raising the exp requirement for each level after activation?

It's not worth doing for the first application of the curse (Dropping to level 1) but it's worth it otherwise. Unless you want to farm increasing level cap item s

What are you changing?

If it's only a few extra levels then why not I guess, if it's someone like Kenshin just fuck her.

Yes

Is there a special place for grinding a good items in the top slot of the characters in Quest or it's just a random drop from chests\enemies? Could I get some sweet stuff chests in easy quest?

Translations when??

When you learn Japanese and make them for us.

Gahaha

Rance Quest was ultimately Maria's project right? Would Aru even consider it as his own project? Unless she gave up on it, and Aru resumed it.

Watch it be Blade Briders

Buy Haruka

Its going to be Sengoku

twitter.com/Aru_Naru/status/895535028045623297
Daiakuji confirmed!

That would be epic. Translate a game which everyone has played already.

Anyway, here's my guess. Mark it.
Quest - early 2019
IX - 2023
X - 2029

Inbetween we'll see Sengoku, one remake, 2 nukiges and 1 really old title. Of course, in all these years mg wouldn't even think about ending the contract and letting someone just get the job done.

>one remake
I think it would be cool if they released both 01 and 03 in the same package like they did with 5D/VI.

Why would they?

Not likely. They only did it because not many would buy 5 on its own and it's pretty short anyway.

But when will we get 02?

VNTLS exploded with arguments over SR coming over while /haniho/ is relatively chilled.

I guess the mass exodus of enraged people into VNTLS was true.

More like VNTS also has people who don't care that much about Rance so there is actually people to argue with.

They'd be more likely to do that with 01/02 or something since 02 was not a full price game iirc

Quest isn't a strategy game, so there is no way that is the game Aru is working on.

That's actually more likely to be packaged with something. Probably 01, since they are both on shorter side.

I'm sure everyone would like SR translated over something that they can't read. How is that place not exploding?
Oh, 02, SR and Daibanchou are a must.

Who's saying they are only announcing Sengoku?

I have no idea. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if we get it again.

Mangagamer isn't just a company for announcing Alicesoft games.

Nah, Arunaru is actually doing Koihime Musou. Maria will be doing Atlach-Nacha.

twitter.com/tulipgoddess/status/893973166963470337

5D and 6 are ancient and 5D in particular wouldn't sell period outside of some combo deal.

Left or right?

...Are you actually editing this in Illustrator?

I'm more excited by Marina at that point than whatever as game mg has to offer. Damn it mg, you finally managed to break me.

None. Looks kinda Unnatural

Well it works...

is right, it's not the right style for those tabs. Needs something nice and thick.

Right

Unless you absolutely have to use Illustrator, I suggest switching to Photoshop. It makes working on these things much easier.

Oh yeah, I'm using that too. I like making the text in illustrator though.

Vodka is here?
I guess we are getting an Alicesoft announcement tomorrow. Just a pity that its going to be a game that is already translated.

Any better?

Some. You should definitely center it, though.

You still haven't mentioned why you want to remake the patch.

Oh just adding some more stuff to it.

One upside to making the text in Photoshop as opposed to Illustrator is that you are working with approximate pixels, what you see is what the end result is going to be.
Illustrator always smoothens things out when you zoom in, and you really can't do any effects more complicated than basic stroke for the text, so you'd have to end up use two different programs anyway.

Just popping in for a bit.

imgur.com/a/OaNFL

Has all we know about Rance X. Put it in the next OP.

Fair enough. If you want to replicate the font or anything it's pretty much all Segoe UI semibold. Maybe some helvetica here and there.

I haven't thought of that /jp/ thread in years. I thought they stopped updating their list of projects years ago.

>Sengoku is basically confirmed

>Alicesoft 2017 calendar - Alicesoft have confirmed that every character in this image will appear in Rance X. So the four Princesses - Lia, Sheila, Magic and Kou. Maris, Kibako, Copandon, Athena 2.0, the four holy gal monsters, Miracle, Shizuka, Nagi, Crook, Kenshin, Tilde, Pastel , Reset and Kaybwan and Kaybnyan. Also interestingly it confirms Am.

You forgot Pigu.

I think I'd have to see it actual size and in context to the rest of the page to judge.

Nice to have. It's clean.

Maybe add Orion's sketch saying he confirmed Sachiko in a tweet?

twitter.com/ORION_PROJECT/status/482452779626029058/photo/1

What's Marina?

Forgot about that one.

Thanks

SR will be worthwhile if released uncensored and with the voice patch Alicesoft should announce soon.

The original fan translation is garbage so it will be "worthwhile" no matter what.

It's better than nothing I guess, but I honestly look forward to Evenicle a lot more than SR.

I was honestly not expecting more than one Alicesoft title announced in a single fiscal year, so I honestly don't mind considering I'm still having fun playing Rance VI. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing if it actually is Sengoku Rance. Who knows, it could be that shitty looking Sengoku Rance knockoff that has been shown here a few times. I wonder if MangaGamer has any precedence of announcing two translation projects over the course of two conventions in one year for one company.

It's more "worthwhile" if they actually translated another untranslated game instead of doing an existing one.

>voice patch

As if anyone who can't read Japanese actually notices the difference.

Was TakaJun's translation that bad? Nameshit aside, I didn't have many complaints. Hopefully "Let me explain, this dildo is a dildo" is the correct translation for that line because it was fantastic.

It conveys the right information but it's basically not fluent-sounding English.

>As if anyone who can't read Japanese actually notices the difference.

If anything, I'm guessing MG's customer base would probably prefer Takajun's localization over Aru's, even if the latter would be vastly superior aside from nameshit.

There's like four of five places before you can even start going to war where the text goes offscreen. It's actually kind of amazing.

I wouldn't say that. Majority of people won't care either way.

That was a limitation of their hacking prowess. We've all been there here, so I can't blame them for that.

It's really easy to edit those lines into multiple messages. Or just be shorter.

MG's customers don't give a shit about translation quality. In the survey with a list of aspects they give a shit about, translation was at the very bottom.

I don't care what they care about. It's worthwhile for my favorite game to get a reasonable translation instead of a hackjob.

I remember reading about a professional translation project for one of the Ar Tonelico games where they wanted to add a few text boxes, but they refused because they indicated that it could introduce bugs.

Good for you, but mr. user's feelings don't determine what's worthwhile and what's not.

>Maria will be doing Atlach-Nacha
Any proof? Thought she was working on Sorcery Jokers.

I mean, I quite literally did exactly what I said to these lines before. Either the hacking tools they were working with were buggy beyond belief and corrupted text scripts on insertion (that's how SR's stuff is stored) or they didn't even try.

Your feelings about what other people want are worth much less than my feelings about what I want, user.

Sorry, meant to say on compilation.

People aren't going to give a shit about the translation quality itself, but some will care about changes if they have played both versions because stuff like the nameshit or different localization styles are noticeable to any reader. Thus a vastly superior translation can be viewed as inferior if people don't like the changes from old version, since people won't judge based on translation quality but their own personal preference.

>inb4 the game they actually translate is Daibanchou.

Not interested in Quest?

It's not "my feelings" when it was established on a survey dumbass.

If they don't do Sengoku before Quest they're probably not going to do Sengoku at all.

He said good. Daibanchou has Rouga.

It is your feelings when you interpret the bottom of the survey to be things people don't care about at all instead of just the thing they care about the least. Huge difference. There are people that care about the translation, even if it's not their #1 priority. This is worthwhile to them at a basic level. What I said has nothing to do with other things being more or less worthwhile, only being worthwhile.