I recently bought a Cadillac Eldorado Custom Biarritz Classic...

I recently bought a Cadillac Eldorado Custom Biarritz Classic, but i dont like the beige/brown paintjob and want to repaint it, however this edition came exclusively with those colors and i dont know if by repainting it im ruining it.
what do you think? should i keep the same colors or change em?

yes you are ruining it.

personally I think those colours suit the car a lot. What colour are you thinking of painting it?

idk, i wanted something more on the golden side instead of beige, a change not that radical so that it still matches the interior.

Why don't you just paint it all black and just make it look super intimidating

because i think it wont match with the interior, although i have thought about it

What sort of condition is it in ?

The idea with the more golden colour sounds good, but it depends on how you feel about the originality of the car being ruined. If you don't care about that, paint it however you like, because it's your car.

its a FWD land barge with a shiny stainlessroof and 70's american luxury. ita only intimidating when granny who can't see above steering wheel plows into some cyclist

when i bought it i just wanted a nice 70s Cadillac that i could customize to my taste, it wasnt until later that i bought a collectors edition of which only 475 like it where built. Thats what makes me reevaluate.
oh it just needs bodywork, it drives amazingly well, most features work, including cruise control, power windows/locks/trunk/ sunroof.

could always sell it and buy a non collector's e4dition if it bothers you that much

thought about that too

then do it. don't fuck up a special car just because it doesn't suit your tastes

more specifically because if its that special it would be worth a bit more than if it's been "ruined".

you never know.

If it's not all original then don't bother feeling bad, the only way the paintjob matters is if it's the original paint. if the paint isn't original than don't bother stressing about ruining the original paint that isn't even there and paint it whatever you want. just get it re-painted before you sell it and you're back to square 1.

Those colors look amazing on that car, and it's period correct. Yes you will ruin it completely if you paint it.

I guess it just depends on how you personally feel about special editions of cars and if personalizing one is a faux pas

If you paint it, you will piss off classic car guys. But that doesn't matter because nobody gives a shit about the Old Boy's Club anymore.

>gets 70s car
>hates brown

Why don't you fuck off?

Just leave it as is, looks comfy this way

I would keep the paint just like that, OP.
Brown/beige suits the car well and I think it looks very 70s.
Beautiful vehicle by the way, I can tell you'll take very good care of it

that is a fuckin' nice Eldorado. is it a first year 500? if so don't fuckin' touch it. otherwise, I don't see it being that collectible.

that paint job actually looks quite nice, but I wouldn't see a problem painting it a deep black or something. there aren't many good colors for Eldorados in my opinion.

on any old car I'm always partial to the mint green color, but I know that's shitty on pretty much any car.

Looks like you superflyed the hood already.

that honestly looks classy as FUCK
if you want a different color get it vinyl wrapped, it will protect the original paint.