Soy Based Insulation

Hey Veeky Forums, I bought a 2017 Honda Civic because commuting. Leaving work when a fucking Squirrel ate my wires and left a bunch of nuts under the hood. Now I'm going to get fucked for repairs. Any advice on stopping this shit in he future?

>buying a new civic
Kys. Should've just bought a civic for 3k

>Any advice on stopping this shit in he future?
Get a proper car

Was it parked in the same spot for a while? As far as I know, squirrels dont make nests in things that are moved around alot
Stop parking near the woods I guess?

Unrelated question, is that the sedan or hatchback?

Yeah, I see that now, it was kind of a pressured decision by my parents. But now I'm stuck with it.

Its the EX sedan.
I drive it every day to and from work.
For some reason a squirrel must've gotten under the hood for the heat then got munching.

>pressured decision by my parents

This is what happens when you have a soyboy dad, if he was a man he woulda told your mom to stay out of it and fixed up and old shitbox with you.

Don't you have insurance?

Soyboy dad lmao

Thats what we had been doing with a '95 Honda Accord LX. Looked like shit, but showed no signs of death at 225k.

It was only because my commute turned from short runs to 3 hours a day that I needed a new car if not for reliability but for safety.

Little did I know Honda now makes wires out of candy bracelets...

>I'm a stupid spineless kid
Kys

>I'm going to get fucked for repairs
You can't fix a couple of exposed wires?
>advice on stopping this shit
park in front

Fair enough, 3 hours is a long commute.

Yeah, Its going to be an insurance claim.

I would if I was back home and could throw it under a lift. However, I just moved out of state and fucked for resources.

Pretty much the only viable advice is to park away from the woods
Another less practical solution is to use things like peppermint oils which deters rodents quite a bit from what I read. Coyote urine is another thing but I'm pretty sure no one wants their engine bay to smell like literal piss

Why the sedan btw? Why not the hatchback?

The Mechanic just called, I got lucky and it'll be an easy fix for $440. Fucker chewed the return ground causing every diagnostic sensor to float and trigger bullshit flags.

I didn't feel I needed it honestly, plus it adds to the already obstructed rear view.

That must've been a hungry squirrel. But if the insurance is willing to pay $440 then great, everyone's happy.

I was thinking the same thing when he called, but I was looking at estimates of 2.1 to 3.5k so I'll take 440 and the squirrel could've punched a hole through the block for all I care.

Here's to a life of me having to piss on my engine every morning to stop animals from eating my car.

Thanks Honda

ford invented cellulose based plastics and other green plastics decades ago and found that mice eat all the wire insulation et cetera and using a composite wire harness to defeat mice also defeats the purpose of reducing composite use so they used it for some interior upholstery textiles instead.

Put mothballs in your engine bay and around where you park.

that's why i had mine undercoated with tar

now i have a rust proofed car and rodents won't fuck with my wiring

What the fuck does that even mean? A proper car being what? Squirrel proof?

one that isn't brand new because it triggers them not being able to drive a car that's newer than 10 years

That still doesn't even make sense, you're fucking retarded

tell people to stop being retarded then

>hey a squirrel got to my car what do I do to stop this in the future
>hurr get a "proper car"

>soy and honda civic in the same post
pottery

every car has it now, do what yankees and leafs do and rust proof it and it'll smell like chemicals that animals don't want to crawl up into

Put snakes in the engine bay.

Snakes won't be interested in wires, and when you're driving they will hiss and sound like a turbo.

Alternatively you could put a bobcat or fishercat under the hood, but with modern engine bay design, open space will be an issue.

I had this problem last fall. I had driven my truck home from work Sunday night, and Monday morning when I left for school a squirrel chewed through the power for my IAC. Chewed it right at the end of the wire too, made it a pain in the ass to solder temporarily so I could get to class.

The guy in the comments going hurr "proper car" is a moron cause there will always be a way to screw you over.

kek