Tfw will never experience the glory of the Buick roadmaster since i don't live in the us

tfw will never experience the glory of the Buick roadmaster since i don't live in the us

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUI7DvFqZS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've never driven one, but I've driven an old delta 88 (the giant one, not the newer mid-size), it's very floaty, but also very comfortable. I'd imagine the roadmaster isn't much different. Maybe I'm wrong.

the wooden trim kills it for me.

I am so sorry for you. Between myself, my uncles and my grand parent i think we have close to 20 of these magnificent 90's land barges. One has a 4.10 rear swapped in. It's about the most hilarious thing I've ever driven.

The Oldsmobile and Chevrolet siblings were generally available without wood trim.

And OP, these aren't actually entirely non-existent in Europe. For some reason the Dutch love American hearses, and these wagons could fit caskets inside without any expensive body modifications so Dutch funeral homes bought them in droves and they occasionally pop up with more or less extensive hearse modifications and even in plain wagon form in the ads. I've seen a few really nice one in the ads over the years and even saved a couple of pics, but I can't access my main computer right now.

This very one is for sale not far from where I live with 110k miles on the clock and zero rust for seven big ones. Apparently they actually made a European version with amber indicators and a rear fog light in low numbers or at least a Euro compliant set of lights for it, first time hearing about it.

Not Europe im in the shithole south of that unfortunately

romanticizing station wagons, please stop being fueled by memes

There is no glory in that shitbox.

t. American

No romanticism required, the love for station wagons stems from plain truths and realities.

Oh man, I actually like how that looks with amber signals.

Both B-bodies so they're probably similar but I dunno how much GM actually changed in the platform by the time the Roadmaster looked like that and the 88 had been bumped down to a smaller FWD car.

>smoker windows in the far back seats
GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=JUI7DvFqZS8

>tfw no tuner wagon with smoker windows

>tfw grew up poor
>only had a chevy station wagon
>tfw no wood paneling

jesus that's sexy

you're not an American if you hate Roadmasters.

Only queers, commies, and Europoorans hate them. because they represent freedom

nigger I'm from europoor and this thing makes e diamonds. needs an awd manuel LS

you are an honorary American.

>you're not X if you do/don't Y
ISHYGDDT

I think only Europeans like them because they haven't got to experience how awful they are. Really most things associated with "HURRMURIKA" shit is awful.

t. American

You're not missing much desu desu.
>Giant V8 that only makes like 200 horsepower and gets single-digit MPG
>4 speed slushbox
>30 second 0-60 once you load it with passengers and cargo
>Seats with no supportiveness at all, they feel great when you first sit down but after a six hour drive you'll be sore and tired
>Mediocre space utilization
>Complete lack of cornering and handling ability

The LT1 in the B-bodies was rated at 260hp and 330tq, and also possibly underrated just so on paper the Corvette had higher numbers.
>implying you need more than 4 speeds for a road boat
>implying handling matters when you're longer than two Civics end to end
>implying mediocre space utilization
>implying implications

Acquire Omega B Caravan, probably the closest thing you can get over here

That's not even a real station wagon. In fact it's likely that generation that killed wagons in North America.

Damn man not everybody gets promoted to be a manager.

>not even a real station wagon
>literally the last classical American station wagons

No one liked wagons in America anyway. They had been uncool since the 70's.

They're fantastic. The towing package with LSD and that massively torquey made them fantastically fun to drift, it to drive sideways for blocks in the snow.

They died in the late 80's. That retarded cucumber hardly counts. Side facing seats or nothing.

True.

Damn I want me a Roadmassa right about now

I have driven one that was an attempted drift project. It's really too heavy to drift well, but it is the most entertaining car to get sideways when it does. Snow helps. Also, there's a lot you can do to the LT1 to squeeze more power out of it on the cheap.