/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 4] Hint at Flipnote Studio 3D entrypoint for 11.5. If you don't have it, you can get it from the My Nintendo service. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/893211375446753280

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. (Cross-thread)
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/DEVICE_PSP.html
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/182588417/#q182621904
wololo.net/2015/10/19/release-vnpsp-vnds-port/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

-GUIDES-
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide

Reminder to pour one out for the BASED dabposter
*pours one out*

that feel when future non-nintendo consoles won't get piracy within their shelf life if ever and yet people will still spew bullshit like "hackers will always find a way"

exactly what makes you so confident about that, when the psp, vita, and soon to be ps4, have all been hacked while relevant?
>no xbox hacks
no one cares

Fixes mulitplayer in my authentic wipeout, so it was bullshit.

PSP: hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/DEVICE_PSP.html

No one who knew what they were doing thought it would be

hurro prea to meeting you

safe to update if i got bootstrap9 and lastest luma?

>no qt freeshop for the vita
>no qt freeshop for the vita with psp games
>no option to download from a website or qr scan games
>forever maidumps and vkp transfers
maybe fl0w's big announcement is a better way to download and install games

Yes, as always

Yes

How about if I have the last pre-b9s Luma?

Update luma, make sure you have the latest b9s version, if not follow the guide there's a section about updating

So I have to do b9s if I want to update then? I'm still on a9lh

I hate how 3ds implemented qr codes, now every fag wants to pirate every platform by scanning a qr code.

>imma wanna pir8 can you gibs me a qr code

It was an OK implementation but ffs get over it.

>I hate how piracy was made easier. I'm a huge faggot.
ftfy

Yes. 3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

>taking dump
>qr comes out
>just scan that bitch and done
made it way easier

Ah huh. Point is, example: psn and qr codes won't function like 3ds.

You can't DL a title and riff or rap file from psn with a qr code

Gotit? good.

You understand and already did.

>nerd scientist trying to explain shit that most of us don't care about
easier to just say it won't happen.

can I buy the vita as card from a non chink website so I don't have to wait weeks for it?

It's convenient, of course people would want convenience in piracy across multiple platforms.
You can't hate people for wanting to take convenient route.
Whether or not it's possible is besides the point

>You can't DL a title and riff or rap file from psn with a qr code
It's not impossible. A rap is what, 16 bytes? You could easily encode that plus the zeus link in a QR code.

>told dstwo flashcart drains battery, don't buy it
>buy r4i-sdhc instead
>drains battery

>buy r4i-sdhc instead

that's where you fucked up.

CFlatWhen?

MHStories demo cia when??

A custom firmware for lovers of flat chests? Sign me the fuck up

bump for EUR cia QR

seems like pretty much all drain battery now that i dug deeper, dstwo just drains the most. people online like to think that means the carts don't drain battery at all though.

>tfw the eyetoy would be useful
Shame nobody can be bothered with it anymore, even the wiiu could do it.

I feel a bit lost reading those 3ds tutorials, can someone clarify if i understand things properly? First off i install cfw by using that 3dsguide site then homebrew channel and after that to play 3ds games i just need freeshop? What about ds and gba/snes games, can i run them too from sdcard or do i need flash card?

ds needs flashcard, gba is best with VC injects and there are a few emulators for snes

>still no US Miitopia on Freeshop

>falling for the /hbg/ dev meme

>still shitposting intead of downloading the game from a iso site or nicoblog
>having shit excuses just to keep shitposting

I want to hack my PS3
I have OF 4.81 and a PS3 slim Model 3000B
I looked it up online but most CFW are behind a paywall , what do?

did you check gbatemp forums?

ntrboothax never ever

I grabbed the Wii U version.bin with NUSGrabber so that I could play games online on 5.5.1, but when I try to install it with the new WUPInstaller it doesn't work.

Is anybody else having similar issues? I can use HaxchiFW to spoof my Wii U's system version, but I'd rather not do that since it would be immediately obvious if Nintendo were to check for it.

No , I will do it now , anything I should know beforehand?

>anything I should know beforehand?
no clue, i've never hacked a ps3. just suggested gbatemp, since they usually have working links for all the files you need. I checked for an /r/ps3piracy, but came up with nothing.

Use 168.235.092.108 (primary) 081.004.127.020 (secondary) to block updates

okay , I found something already , and will see how it goes , thanks for the tip user

Is the 3DS Fire Emblem edition safe for homebrew?

I'm already blocking updates. That's not what my post is about.

Sorry user I'm autistic

any dns blocks for the 3ds that lets me use wifi with homebrew, but not access nintendo servers?

ok I got my answer , it can't be done , guess i'm stuck paying for games

my bad. I think I remember something about slims not being hackable, but I thought that was just meme talk.

might be worth it to sell that slim to gamestop, and use the money towards buying a phat. last I checked, they were going for about $110-130. seems worth it for ps3 piracy.

Hi /hbg/ been a while since I have played my CFW 3DS, I'm currently on Luma 6.1 without A9LH or B9S, what should I do to be able to use the latest Luma3DS, I just want to play Pokemon Eternal X (I ha a retail cart), is updating Luma the only way to play it?

fbi/freeshop clones should be possible for psp/ps1, theres a psp app that can install .pkg and plugins that generate the licenses/keys.
the fact that psp .iso loading doesn't work with game updates without modification was always an annoyance, plus i always wondered if disk games could be installed instead

>fbi/freeshop clones should be possible for psp/ps1
that would be awesome. especially if we get some sort of netplay going.

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

reddit

It'll be released in September at the latest according to ScrotuM.

source?

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/182588417/#q182621904

Fuck. I was hoping iit'd be out before then.

Can anyone dump Monster Hunter Stories EUR cia and upload? It's has not been listed on titlekeys site yet.

try 3diso

No, no one can.
If it were possible, don't you think it would've been already done?

I'm talking about DEMO which was released like few hours ago.

Why it's not possible?

Why is /vitagen/ full of pedos?

Hey Pikmin and Ever Oasis SUCKED
What other recent releases should I look into/forwards to and be disappointed?

Because psvita game library is 99% weaboo/pedo games

All of Veeky Forums is

>Disgaea 3 EU VITA dump has update and US doesn't
>Disgaea 4 USA VITA dump has update but EU doesn't

Is this one of those situations where the update was region specific ? Planning to play both games here and want to make use of the feature that unlocks extra characters in D4 with a D3 save, but not sure which route to go.

I just wanted to talk about games. They're worshipping their loli gods and fap in unison.

War has changed...

There's really no reason to go there anymore.Qquality has been spiraling down for years, and yet rock bottom is lower than I even thought possible for that place.

I am hopeful for the next digimon stories game, it's the only thing I regret not being able to go past 3.60 for.

The next greatest gallery heist did not take art, but nintendo consoles.

Anyone had any luck with using the PSP port of VNDS on Vita? I'm using the compressed eboot from here wololo.net/2015/10/19/release-vnpsp-vnds-port/ and even though the OP says that it works, my VNDS novels just display the starting script commands in text format and stop. For example, Tsukihime will say:

>
bgload TITLE2.jpg
>

and a bunch of other similar commands. I'm guessing that it can't interpret the script format?

Still playing Ever Oasis, it's comfy as fuck, so easy that you dont have to think about what you're doing but also cute enough to keep me engaged. Kudos to GREZZO.

>uses separate online network
>all seeds invalid

Seriously no one here is smart enough to dump Monster Hunter Stories EUR demo to CIA that has been out for a few hours? I'm disappointed in you /hbg.

Do it yourself. You rude little shit.

>>>Google

stop looking for excuses and admit you're not smart enough to make it fags

>can't do it himself
>calls others dumb for not doing it for him

user, your mother still change your underwear for you?

>user, your mother still change your underwear for you?
No my dad does

which one of u niggers is gonna tell me what 2222.nds is supposed to be? plz help my 1.4.5 Dsi

No, you does

Show us how it's done, big boy.

user with a newly acquired cfw 3ds here, how long does it usually take for games to show up on the freeshop? I'm looking forward to monster hunter stories but I'm noticing that hey pikmin still isnt up on the freeshop and its been out for a few weeks. Are there other online repositories for the game files or something?

This place claim to be best for hacking yet no one can make 1 easy dump. It's not looking that good isn't it? I obviously can't make it myself, the question is why people who are smarter than me can't?

why would they when you can download the demo for free

I made a dump easily.
Sadly I'm just not a sharing person so.

Don't want to connect to Ninjewshop.

>3.60
Yep, I want to play Utawarerumono and a couple other things too. Almost tempted to just grab another vita

So am I, that's what I said to your mom last night.

Sony isn't as retarded as Nintendo.

That's not how it works. The PS3 even has stuff like Freeshop. The Vita doesn't for one simple reason: nobody gives a shit about the Vita.

PS3 got one so maybe eventually vita will get one too.

The Vita doesn't because NPDRM is still largely a black box since we don't have f00dhax.

Because not having the keys necessary to build such a program = nobody giving a shit. Sure.

Last time that I checked, it was just a program that you could run on a PC to download the PKGs and RAPs.