/Touge/ Thread

What is your car you take on the mountain pass?

Pic related, it's mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7l6U_xd03Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HwoRA00lL-Y
instagram.com/p/BeKgxV1B52K
youtube.com/watch?v=0n5OmQzy5qI&t=141s
youtube.com/watch?v=QOsAKH4zSx0
youtube.com/watch?v=iqIP1GWqgMM
youtu.be/BzGpvlNZv_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every other answer is wrong.

Nice mountain pass you have there user! Congrats.

If you are already out of the closet, how did you tell your parents?

fuck off juger

oy vey delete this post pls
german nazism on rise more immigration pls

youtube.com/watch?v=l7l6U_xd03Y
youtube.com/watch?v=HwoRA00lL-Y
live 20 minutes away from dis
tfw saving up for e36 shitbox
i-i swear ill make dorifto kang proud

Just try taking your ram 1500 out on the touge. Short wheelbase+2500 pounds= touge goodness

Its a photo from the website lol, i live near bear mountain though.

>bear mountain
>touge

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

take a fucking clue
instagram.com/p/BeKgxV1B52K

I love your car m8, how is it different from the 500 Abarth?

t. closeted insecure faggot

zzw30 was made for touge

>gunning it down the mountain pass
>wild lexus apperars in the rear view mirror
[HEARTBEAT INTENSIFIES]

my own

Nice man, The MR2 is my dream car. Too bad i fell for the finance meme on my abarth.

It's a segment above (same as the Fiesta), so it's a bit bigger, but not that much heavier. Comes with the same 1.4 Multiair with 180hp from the factory.

That was some of the most pathetically boring shit I've ever forced myself to watch in my entire life. I felt like I was watching an old woman out for a sunday drive.

Check this shit out.
youtube.com/watch?v=0n5OmQzy5qI&t=141s

That's some real heart pounding shit, not that "let's take this corner slowly and safely, defeating the purpose of coming out here to begin with" shit.

How's the handling compared to the 500? The 500 abarth is pretty good, but has it limitation because of the chassis, i am assuming this would be more planted since its a little bigger?

>bike
>turning
hope you love losing

Yep, way more planted. You can easily do high speed cornering without feeling any bodyroll.
It's also really neutral and not tail happy at all or understeer-y.

My base model Focus

Didn't like 4 guys get into an accident after the last Veeky Forums cali meetup after they tried drifting their japanese cuck boxes on a lightly twisting road?

I was racing a 325xi one time and over-steered badly on this tight turn. I love my 500 abarth, but it is way too raw compared to some other cars. Makes it more fun though.

>cars doing insanely tight and twisty roads at tyre squealing speed during a relaxing sunday cruise
vs
>squids doing a long straight highway and slowing it down slower than stacy in front during a bit considered straight by most cars

bikes have no place on the touge

Before i had my Abarth, i was racing in a 2015 corolla. You can touge any car as long as it isn't over 3500 pounds.

if it has 4 wheels, steering wheel and a seat its a car.
Any car can be fun
Hard to feel it in an autotragic throttle by wire cuckuv tho.

Oh yea i was doing it in an automatic before and the sport button made the lag bearable but it still annoyed me.

get on my level
>base mode focus diesel, no common rail edition

Ask me how I know you never tried going fast with a car on the toge.
It's fucking heart-pounding, x10 because you know that if you lose control of 1000kg of car is the end.

>this delusion
It doesn't exactly matter if some cars can turn better, I guarantee those bikes will outrun whatever cuckbox you drive on any track on the planet.

An experienced driver will always beat an experienced biker on the touge.
It ain't a circuit, four wheels are going to tackle corner much faster than two.

>pushing limits of car
>lose control
>scratch your paint on a guard rail or into the side of a mountain
>fuck up suspension, maybe total car, walk out without a scratch as long as you didn't drop it off a cliff
Vs.
>on a motorcycle
>lose control and lowside into a guard rail or mountain
>die
>go off cliff
>die

Bikes are extra dangerous, and thrilling, in the twisties because the major rule of a motorcycle crash is the fact you and your gear slide down a road to a stop. You barely get hurt in these scenarios. If there's no road to slide down and you run into curbs, other cars, or guard rails in the twisties, you dead boi.

worst thing is its my winter car and I have my little tougemon can't be this cute waiting for spring in garage.
Every day while I drive I just wish I was in my other car enjoying the drive instead of suffering shitty boring autotragic

youtube.com/watch?v=QOsAKH4zSx0

Kept on the ass of a mustang the entire trip
>hurr mustangs can't turn
but muh four wheels

>pushing limits of car
>crash through/under the guard rail off the cliff
>flip the car in cabrio and be decapitated
>crash into oncoming car and crumple zone yourself and give the stacy paint a scratch and a whiplash lawsuit
>crash car and survive
>car totalled, need new one, 5k at minimum in car cost and 10k in mods lost

>crash bike and survive
>buy a new yamahsaki ninjago v8 cummins for 50 cents

A mustang weight something like 1.6 fucking tons, it isn't a car for the toge.
It's like pretending to go fast on a track with a suv.
So yes, it's invalid

mustangs can't turn.
The meme became because old stangs couldn't turn worse so new mustangs which turn like a normal family sedan surprised everyone.
Drive a gt86 then go to the best handling mustang and you understand they are still muscle cars.

>gt86

Opinion discarded

I am a car guy, but I always assumed motorcycles were faster and could take turns with more speed. Are cars better at handling than bikes?

/thread.

we're done here

Bikes can't take corner very fast actually, compared to a *proper* car anyway, because they've far grater turning angles thus requiring much more clearance that there just isn't in a touge.
Just like you'll never see a crossbike beating a rally car, 4 gives you much more control than 2.

Gets absolutely unhinged if you build too much boost.
2900lbs, and the summer tires are nice and grippy. Likes to turn itself into a tripod and kick the ass end out if you go really hard in a corner, so sudden liftoff oversteer can happen if you don’t get on the throttle at least a little bit mid-corner.

That ugly thing better be the turbo model

I bring mine of course

less grip
higher turning radius
bikes are much slower around corners

It’s the GT. 88mm turbo and 5-speed Manual. Formerly owned by Carroll Shelby.

I cannot get over how it looks.

Tasteful

youtube.com/watch?v=iqIP1GWqgMM

Starting point: 10:20

How would you know when you drive a fucking 1.3 diesel shitbox that your own mother has gotten you.

Don't you have any shame in still showing your face around here?

>(you)

lol

best you got mjet?

>best you got mjet?

It's still more than your bus pass

>takes hairpins at 5km/h
AHAHAHAHAHAH that's literally how fast my mother goes around corners.
Also these retards went to the Stelvio pass at around noon, grazie-al-cazzo that you constantly find traffic. It ain't just fun

>found the benchracer

No, I'm not but you're free to believe what you want.
You can take hairpins much faster with the right technique and practice.

I'll take my own

also he had to sell his mom's car to be able to afford a used punto abarth

>secure trips
Are you afraid that somebody might pose as you in an anonymous board, nàni?

I would take this little cheap beast.

he craves attenshun like all tripfaggots

if hyundai made the elantra look like that or at least a veloster sedan i'd be all over it

What do you ride or drive user

I dont think the bus is nimble enough to take a mountain pass and even if it is the driver wont go off his route

because it's all I have
I try my best

Veeky Forums how can i take a first gen ford focus 5spd and make it togue ready

You never know. It's Hyundai. Nobody expected them to come out with this and such reliable cars in today's market.
>inb4 is just a heyundai

I fucking miss mine bro. I need to find a 5speed GT asap

Are you a homosexual, user?

Better find one. Clean ones are getting (even more) rare.

You forgot the part where you dont live to buy another one

Base model 08 Element with absolutely no modifications except for an FM transmitter

Fuck a rollover risk

Kids need to leave this board and never ever return
youtu.be/BzGpvlNZv_8

Touge is not a high speed circuit like the nurburgring... bikes will always win unless you're racing a fucking go kart

why do you have tape on your headlights

uuuhguuu kawaii nigga

its happy

I was about to poke fun at the short wheelbase, then I googled and found that it's an inch longer than my miata's. O.o

I guess they pushed the wheels all the way to the ends of the car.

tarmac rally car

My '05 Mazda RX8

Beautiful car fren.

The Abarth is a great beginner touge car. Easy to learn, raw, not to fast but not to slow, and the short wheelbase makes it ride like a go kart.

The short wheelbase is great, For me i can feel everything and can control my car much better, The miata is in another league though, that car is an absolute monster in the handling department

Taking hairpains in the 500 abarth is easy. I just pull the handbrake and the short wheel base does everything for me.

Hello rotary brother. I have an 04 and it is absolutely the best car for a touge road. On whatever mediocre tires I bought it with I humiliated a brand new Corvette in the twisties, it's unbelievably quick.

The handling is really unlike anything I've ever driven. It feels so planted and precise, and the car communicates so well about what's going on with grip and the road surface.

I unironically ride a harley iron 883.

That's not a real touge though, you can only move those bikes more nimbly on those straight line twisties (no real significant turns, just side to side shit) because they weigh less and force redistribution isn't as dramatic as with a 2klb vehicle. On the real touge a car would shit on them.

ND

I take the 138/18 on occasion. Of course no dorifto fancy shit because these highways are used fairly often at all times of day. At least some slow drivers on the narrow parts of 138 are nice enough to move to the side for me. And yet they say drivers in SoCal have no courtesy.

Are switch backs the only real curves for you?

Aren't motorcycle circuits much more compact than auto circuits? I thought this was due to handling, is it just due to vehicle size?

>2500lbs
That's like 1000lbs heavier than it should be for it's size.
That's 300lbs less than a Volvo 240 which is widely regarded as a large tank of a vehicle.
That's not impressive, it's concerning if anything.

That's a country side road on a hilly place, which ≠ touge you retard, still it means nothing, a car (that's not a ***mustang***) will still fly much faster because while those bikers keep swinging left and right, that is basically a straight line for a car. See : that's a real touge. A bike there is as good as a bicycle.

What do you mean by compact? In a circuit aren't made for moto-only; you could pack three cars side-to-side on a corner, even more sometimes, on a touge you're lucky if there's enough road for one.
You can't go around physics, a car has much more rubber contacting the road plus it can generate much more downforce on a corner whereas a bike has a much more limited contact patch and its turning abilities are limited by how much you can swing.

Then why the need to remove the tripcode you faggot?

What car are you going to ask mummy next?

>taking your car through the touge
>not shutting off all your lights and going blind mode in turns
What a bunch of pussies, the fuck is the point if you aren't feeling like you're about to die?

Giata Always Yes

I try to do the Topanga canyon run every other week

K11 Micra

>Stelvio pass
>touge

Pick both